Pulau Siau Hotels

Our Members Say

• steevie_wanders profile photo steevie_wanders
  • Reviews: 55

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Cottage Pondok Wisata Bahari: Waterside Hotel with optional karaoke

This Hotel/Guesthouse was definitely in the right place at the right time for me! Arriving at 3am on a small island I knew nothing about, I was very happy to find any accomodation at all. The owners were friendly, and introduced me to a local guide to show me round the island.
Rooms were basic, fair sized, and mine had an en-suite bathroom. Note: bathrooms in Indonesia (lower budget ones) consist of squat toilet, cistern and scoop for showering - actually very user friendly once you get used to it. My view was of the harbour, nice to watch the comings and goings, not so nice when a large cement boat moored up and left its' noisy pumps running all night! Breakfast was complimentary, usually consisting of sweet cakes and delicious Indonesian coffee. An optional evening meal was available if you asked before the owners cooked theirs! Often a lovely baked piece of fresh fish.

I'd recommend this hotel as it's the only one of any size and very convenient for the port. The karaoke was a bit annoying, and the air vents in the room are open, so bring a mosquito net for night time!! But hey, doesn't paradise comes at a price anyway?

On the point of price, when it was time to leave, I had a bit of a disagreement about what price had been agreed when i arrived, so best to clarify this point in writing. I paid 50,000 Rp per night. About £2.80

Views of the nieghbouring islands. Views of a live volcano through your bathroom window!! Sea to swim in outside your room (v. close to harbour though). Karaoke if you like that kind of thing!!!???

• Opinion of Price: N/A
  • Related to: Mountain Climbing, Diving and Snorkeling, Fishing
  • Written August 10, 2006
Tip Photo

Squint and see the hotel - middle right background

Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful