Harris Resort Batam

See Amenities
Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Family-Friendly Resort!

by written on September 9, 2011

This is truly a value-for-money stay. 3D2N for just S$100 per pax and this includes hotel stay, two-way ferry and hotel transfer, daily breakfast, one set lunch, free bowling, free 30-min bicycle ride and a complimentary shuttle bus ride to Nagoya Town.

We also received a warm welcome from their hotel personnel who offered us drinks and cold towels to clean up.

Unique Quality: We stayed in the older 'Funky' building. Carpet emitted cigarette smoke smell, the telephone was spoilt and the water tap got stuck. Cumulatively, this sounds bad. Still overall, it is still a worthwhile stay as the staff are friendly and the facilities are activities-centred.

I hope that the hotel management will make sure that the property is better managed.

Harris Resort-Pulau Batam Review

b) Food- 75%
c) Accommodation-85%
d) Facilities- 90%
e) Package fee- 80%

I just finish posted review about Harris Resort and Pulau Batam in my personal website, you may find it in details at http://www.squidoo.com/pulau-batam

Unique Quality: All the staff there always smiling! they are so friendly!
out of my expectations! Harris is excellent!

lilylee68's Profile Photo

Harris Resort Batam review

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 21, 2010

I booked for 2 Cabana rooms from the 14 to 16 June. The bath water was so yellowish and murky in Cabana room 18. In fact, the couple staying in room 17 was so upset that they checked out early on 15 June. They were so traumatised that they say they will not go to Batam again!

The wooden planks were loose and one of the nail in the room came out and cut my boy’s toe. They should definitely replace the wooden planks especially those near to the bath area as the water had weaken the wood or the ground below it.

The incident which made me real mad was when I could not open up the safe box the second day. The room was quite a distant away and I had to go all the way to the reception to get help. When the housekeeping came, he told us that the battery was low which caused the problem. I moved all the content to the other room. When I wanted to go back to room 18, I realised that I could not open it with the card and had to rush to the reception again. The staff told me it could be my handphone which had affected the magnetic card – I reassured her that it was nowhere near my handphone and there was nothing wrong with the other room card which I had placed together. I reconfirmed with the staff that the new card was ok and she told me no problem. I rushed back to the room and realised that it still cannot be opened! I had to rush back to the reception which I had mentioned that was quite a distance away. Quite fuming mad then and the staff went to check. Finally one of the staff came and told me that battery was low which made me real mad as I had never came across a hotel which locked the guest out due to low battery for the lock! Shouldn’t they change the battery more regularly for something so important as the safe box and door lock? I had lost precious time waiting for them to fix the problem and my leg ached from walking to and fro so many times! Bookings were full for reflexology that night - and they kept us waiting for almost an hour before telling us that!
In fact when we checked in, I was already quite disappointed with the long queue and the lack of activities there. They did not allow us to top up our breakfast to lunch though I told them we could not wake up in time for the breakfast.

The air soft gun was sent for repair so my son did not have much to do. Thank god there was a DVD player. The wi-fi did not work in the room either though the staff told me it is available everywhere. The only place you can access wi-fi was the cafe. By the way, if you eat in the cafe – you will have plenty of flies for company –it spoilt my appetite as we have to chase away the flies with one hand and eat with the other. The food was expensive and the chicken wing which came with the nasi goreng was cold and tough! My total bill for 2 pizzas, 2 nasi goreng and some drinks came up to S$97!

We asked for extra blankets on the first night and again they said it was not available.

The worst part was departure from Waterfront terminal – we went there at 12 noon so that we could check in early for the 2.10pm ferry. However after waiting for almost 2 hours, a church group came and they were given express check out! The Harris management did not mention that there could be express check out if you pay a fee. Quite unfair for those who came early and did not know that you can have express check out for a fee!

The only pleasant part of the Harris stay was the staff – very courteous and patient. However the resort and the system was a nightmare. After the lock incident, the manager sent a voucher for a night stay for 2 in the funky suite (with some T&C expiring in Sept- said will extend if I want to) and some fruits/cookies to the room. After such a nightmarish experience, do you think I will go back to Harris? I had stayed in different hotels in Batam (Planet, Panorama, Goodway, Harmonia, Formosa) but never had such a bad experience before .

Unique Quality: The staff - friendly, courteous and patient. However, not a good place to relax - run down facilities.

Directions: Waterfront, Batam

oaken86's Profile Photo

Excellent Service

by written on May 31, 2010

Service wise, it is really excellent. Smiles and greetings all around the place. Early checkin was also available at no charge

Facilities wise, there are quite a lot of things. Personally, I tried out the spa. It was not that good though. Will recommend other places for spa. There is also a nice swimming pool with lots of sunbeds around. This is certainly a plus.

Room wise, I stayed in the cabana which is quite spacious. Effort was also put in to decorate the rooms with flower petals as i signed up for a honeymoon package. There is however a dead roach in the room when i entered. Other than that, nothing much to fault for the room.

All in all, it was a comfortable stay. I would recommend this for a weekend break for a family. Certainly not the place for shopping as the shopping mall is around 25mins away.

I have some photos of the place at http://keykeytravels.blogspot.com/2010/05/batam-in-may-day-1.html

Unique Quality: The service is definitely the most outstanding. One of the best i ever experienced.

Directions: 5min from waterfront city terminal

icebaby0's Profile Photo

Simple family break...but dun hope for a beach!

by written on November 27, 2008

Booked my trip via Wotif, smooth and seamless.

My kids enjoyed the pool. Breakfast is considered not too bad. Loved the rendang and pancakes (odd combi) but every morning for bf I was having my noodles and food. =)

Lunch and Dinner is overpriced but if you aren't willing to pay the price, you can go to town or go to waterfront (Delima's seafood) for seafood dinner (quite reasonable).

I rated good service due to several reasons:
1) I read previously from forums that some people had issue regards to the coupons. I told the person assisting with finding rooms (same level) for me to let me have our lunch vouchers so that we can have our meal and wait (I dun mind waiting...but let us eat first mah). And he willingly provided us the vouchers. I even highlighted that my 1 hr FOC spa was not included, he said he will check and provide me with the vouchers.

He even got us connecting rooms so that my parents and us are together. While my niece had another room beside us.

2) As the cafe was taken up by a large group (suspect it is a company retreat), there wasn't seats. So the manager and his staff found an extra table and chairs for us to sit and order our lunch. Though it was abit of wait for lunch...it was still okay.

3) My grandnephew was well taken care by 1 of the staff. The lady staff brought my kids and him to walk while we had some peace to eat.

4) The day we left, at waterfront, I realise 1 of the immigration card was wrongly "Typed". The staff helped us clear custom. That's considered VERY good service!

Unique Quality: It's very much family oriented. Abit disorganized in checking in due to weekend crowd, if you have patience...just be patient with them. Be nice and you will be treated well. =)

I got the package via Wotif. It was good when I booked it and will probably book again if I see the office (currently the one offered does not include the free 1 hr spa).

S$66/night (min 2 night stay...Sun - Thurs). My package included 1 set lunch/dinner X 2 pax OR 1 pan pizza per room, 30 mins bicycle rental (good for us as we used that to recce outside the hotel), 1hr spa X 2 pax, free shuttle service to and fro ferry terminal, free shuttle service to nagoya hill shopping (have timing). The 1 hr spa cost $50/pax...so it's a very good deal. >_

traveller0070's Profile Photo

Value for money Hotel in Batam

by written on October 24, 2006

In the hotel, they provide free transport to town for shopping. and its walking distance to Cable ski

Unique Quality: There is a balinese/indonesian message in the hotel... which cost around S$27.90 for 1.5hr. value for money.

Resort hotel for Less than $90

by written on September 9, 2006

Friendly staff. Lots of facilities there.
You can even book a banana boat and go for a ride. The private beach is however small.
You can also chartered a taxi to Batam centre for S$13

Unique Quality: This is fairly large room for a price of $87. There is a balcony overlooking the swimming pool. There are facilities like bowling, squash, ball games, KTV, etc.

The staffs are friendly. It makes you fee llike home. I like their pizza... it is different from those american pizza hut.

hanabiwaiwai's Profile Photo

Warm and Friendly Place in Batam

by written on September 4, 2005

The room is very cosy, with a queen-sized bed, a sofa, a balcony, TV, fridge and a safe. The swimming pool is very big. The staff are very friendly! Try the pizza which is made from a charcoal oven.

But be prepared that there maybe power cut-off occassionally. Minor annoyance as it lasts for 1 to 2 minutes.

Unique Quality: Try the spa! u will not reget! It is cheap and refreshing. The treatment is done in a small hut at the roof top of the club house building. One would feel so great to have the treatment in such "outdoor" enviroment.

Directions: 10-minute walk from Waterfront Ferry Terminal Batam

RinaNeo's Profile Photo

Nice getaway...

by written on November 30, 2004

You need a holiday to recuperate from another holiday ? That's what a friend once told me... I didn't believe her till I came back from a 12 days NYC trip and feeling depressed , tired and everyone around me felt the strong withdrawal symptom in me. I was indeed very depressed and couldn't adjust myself back to the life in Singapore. Lucky for me , my friend suggested a one day spa and relaxing getaway trip and I ended in Batam Harris Resort on Sat 27th Nov, just 3 days after I arrived in Sg from NYC. The resort is average but the staff are really friendly , following the club med style of welcoming us. Had a so called " day tour of Batam " but there is really nothing much to see except the old wooden hut along roadside. The air polution in Batam or at least the area that the bus took us was terrible. A piece of advice.. don't ever hop on to the private taxis along the supermarkets or by the roadside. BBQ at night back in the resort was so so...had a early night after a few cans of beer . I must say the rooms are not bad ... and I had a really good sleep which helps in getting rid of my jet lag and depression. The morning spa and massage is more crucial... I felt like I am almost refresh after the 2 hours indulgence . Although the depression, the feeling that I missed NYC so much is almost gone and reality is slowly creeping into me again, I am still not fully recovered from the withdrawal sympton... so friends , give me a few more days before I gather myself and start building the Big Apple page.

Unique Quality: Friendly staff always wearing a smile on their face...

Harris Resort Batam

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Ski In / Ski Out

Pulau Batam Travel Forum

Need advice about Pulau Batam, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Pulau Batam and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Pulau Batam hotel reviews

Go-Karts
Go-Kart: Rev Up Your Engine
Cultural Performances
Things to Do
Firers, Watch Your Front!
Calling For Taxi
Relaxing @ H Spa
Tastiest Pizza In Batam
batam ->good Chinese speaking driver or tour guide
Transportation
Keropok Ikan (fish crackers)
Local Customs
Keropok Sotong (Squid Crackers)
Jack and Jill Potato Chips
Chendol
Ais Kacang
Indonesian Softdrinks
Local Customs
Apokat Juice (Avocado with Chocolate)
Local Customs
Kek Lapis (local Cake Specialty)
Local Customs
Largest Sea Food Restaurant in Batam (part 2)
Restaurants
Largest Seafood Restaurant in Batam (part 1)
Local Cakes and Sweets