Angsana Resort & Spa

Expedia.com Asiatravel.com Booking.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

• xuessium's Profile Photo

Angsana Bintan = Fantastic service

This is the most opulent lodging I tried in Bintan.

The Resort actually fluffed up my initial booking (of a standard room) and so while everyone had a room by 3pm, my mate and myself were left stranded without a room for 1.5 hours. At this stage I was quite happy to accept any room thrown my way and I was taken aback when as a gesture of apology, I was given a 1 bedroom suite instead. My 1 night stay suddenly took on an upmarket glow.

The room (431), was tucked to one far end of the building and I was rewarded with views of both the ocean and the pool. The 1 bedroom suite came with a generous balcony and all the creature comforts - TV, aircon, a kitchen, a bathroom with a bathtub, a queen size bed and a large cupboard. It was just exquisitely too much for the backpacker in me. As the room faces the sea, there was little need to switch on the aircon as it was pretty cool.

I loved reading from the balcony with both the wind and the breeze as my companions.

Unique Quality: The Angsana Bintan is managed by the Banyan Tree Group. In fact, the Banyan Tree Bintan is just next door and shares the same concave beach. The Angsana Bintan has its own marine sport centre but for non water sport lovers, the not too wide beach, with its fine white sand, is not too bad a place to spend some quiet time as most folks love the rectangular swimming pool...with its fountains and jacuzzis. Staff also offer free frozen fruit sticks to the guests at the pool as a refreshing way of cooling down from being under the hot sun.

If you want me to pick bones from eggs, then the food at the Lotus Cafe where I had breakfast would be the only sniff of a weakness as staff could not keep up with the demands of breakfast...though you know that they are trying their best to cope. For other meals, guests can hop among the restaurants (Western, Indonesian & Thai) at both the Angsana and the Banyan Tree by means of internet shuttle.

The resort has an upmarket spa though since I never tried it, I shan't comment.

Service was impeccable and this is where the strength of the resort lies. Staff are courteous, professional and urdently patient. I had many dealings with a Mr.Sabar and he handled all my concerns with great finesses and touch. Staff manning the pool and cafes were so professionally and perfectly courteous with the big smiles to the point that I think they make my teeth ache. Kudos to the resort for making the customers feel great. Not every resort necessarily understand this.

Directions: Northern part of Pulau Bintan, part of the Bintan Resort Group.

• Emile72's Profile Photo

Peace and Quiet

Situated in a very nice palmtree covered, white sand bay, the hotel has nice rooms, lush garden and a nice swimming pool.
    We enjoyed our stay very much. Most of all, because it was very peaceful. Everything was clean, the staff was nice. They provide pickup service once you arrive on the island. We had standard rooms, no breakfast. But recommended to take breakfast as there is no possibility to go outside of the hotel for food. The beach is very nice and not too many people. In the evening, the resort gardens and pool look very romantic.

• Aidy_p's Profile Photo

Lovely Stay

My friends and I booked into the resort in hope of finding utopia. I dare to say that the place was not too bad and was definitely to my liking.

Unique Quality: The exterior of the resort looked like lovely multi-storey huts, while the insides play a soft hue of brown and other earth colour. Each room comes with a living room and tastefully decorated rooms.

• Star1ight's Profile Photo

Angsana Resort and Spa, Bintan -a Five-Star Resort

Travelled by ferry from Singapore Tanah Merah Ferry Terminal. Arrived earlier by 2 hours at the resort but was unable to check-in early. They have a strict policy on timely check-in as the chambermaids need to make up the room properly.

There are many activities available in the resort. You can also try their signature spa service at the Spa pavillion -- http://www.angsanaspa.com/resortspas/bintan/

Unique Quality: The swimming pool is fantastic. Is wide with varying depths and had a water feature and jacuzzi section. I even have the chance to re-learn how to swim there since I have not been swimming for a decade.. haha :D

Stayed at the Angsana suite. The rooms are filled with teak wood furniture, comfortable beddings and lots of paintings to create a relaxing atmosphere. The suite has a rotating-heads-heated jacuzzi in the garden to help relieved your tired muscles after swimming. It was a fun & good experience! :)

There was turn down service every evening where the staff will light an aroma oil which also acts as an insect repellent. The hotel staff were humble and do not expect tips. Great.service! :)

Directions: The access to resort areas in Bintan are guarded by security police. It is generally very safe to stay in Bintan there since the local public are not allowed into resort areas.

ANGSANA RESORT & SPA BINTAN
    Site A4 Lagoi
    Bintan Island
    Indonesia

More Birthday Surprises

Well, it seems that the birthday message on the bed wasn't the only surprise to be had. After hubby and I went for a sumptous seafood BBQ dinner at Pantai Grill on the Beach, we returned to find a mini fruit b'day cake, complete with candles, knives and forks! I have to say, this time, we were grinning from ear to ear and thinking of the nicest compliments for the management....

A Birthday Welcome

Can you imagine our surprise when we entered the bedroom? There on the bed was a lovely birthday message, spelt out in leaves and flowers. What a nice gesture on behalf of the management ! What we didn't know was that there were more surprises to come. Read on to find out..

Directions: See details in website

Nice Personal Touches

Hubby booked a bedroom suite at the Angsana and it came beautifully furnished with separate living and dining areas, one bedroom with a queen-sized bed, two balconies and a kitchenette. Along the way, he also told them that we were celebrating a birthday...

• Yijie's Profile Photo

One of the best on Bintan

Service is good and the staff are very courteous. There are plenty of recreation facilities for your enjoyment. But I find the swimming pool's water too heavily chlorinated which is not good for the hair. It is a high end resort and you get good quality.

Unique Quality: All the rooms overlook the South China Sea so you can enjoy its view, the higher the better! I like the way the room is decorated, it emanates a peaceful and tranquil feeling.

• warzx's Profile Photo

Romantic Ground

Had a 3D2N stay at this resort. Quite an exclusive resort. Everything is in USD and Rupiah in Angsana. Even a trip to the kelong cost USD6 per car. NIrwana charge nothing though. Beach is cleaner and quiet though. Very friendly staff who are ready to serve u anytime, anywhere. Nice seaview rooms. Bathrooms hasn't got much hangers to hang ur towels. Room is quite big with a balcony.

Unique Quality: All rooms are sea-facing. But some are partial sea view, some are full-seaview, be sure to ask for full sea view.

Directions: Next to Banyan Tree Resort.

• A2002's Profile Photo

Angsana Resorts and Spa.

The sister hotel of the exclusive Banyan Tree Bintan. I have not stayed here before, but I heard that it can also be a very relaxing and exclusive holiday here.

For more views and information on VT about this hotel, I would recommend you AyurinHiro's Pulau Bintan page. She has many pictures of her stay there.

Unique Quality: "Set in picturesque Tanjung Said Bay, Indonesia, overlooking the breathtaking South China Sea."

More about Angsana Resort & Spa

Dinner on the beach, Angsana BintanDinner on the beach, Angsana Bintan

Waterlily, Angsana BintanWaterlily, Angsana Bintan

Angsana Bintan Resort and Spa view from the beachAngsana Bintan Resort and Spa view from the beach

Angsana resortAngsana resort

Recommendation for Angsana Bintan

by Gladyszzl

Hello, i will be going to Angsana bintan this weekend 13/3 - 14/3 alone to refresh and pamper myself.

Anyof you have recommendation for Dinner? I will reach around noon and have my dinner in resort i guess follow by spa at 4pm - 6pm then dinner (location to be recommend). then maybe some chill out place, queit time alone. =)

by Stepwalk

I'm not sure how much you know about Bintan but the resorts are all located in a large patrolled and secluded section on the north of the island. Accordingly there are not a lot of options other than shifting between resorts to eat but they are all very similar. There is the Kelong Seafood Restaurant which everyone seems to enjoy but which I found too crowded and touristy. You'll need to get a driver to take you there and pick you up. I think you are better off choosing one of the three options available in Angsana and my view is that Lotus Cafe would be suitable.

Stepwalk :

Thank you for the info, i am not very farmiliar with Bintan but i do understand the resorts can be quite isolated.

ok, i think i shall try lotus cafe. since i actualy dun have much time to travel out too. I dun like too crowded and tourist place also, i better give the kelong seafood a missed.

Thanks!

by Gladyszzl

Hello everyone, i am here in Angsana Bintan now.

The resort is quite small but is nice and the beach is not so crowded.

The only thing i don;t like is the food choice. I think you have to either travel out of made do with the limited choice and not so nice food.

Comments