Club Med Ria Bintan

Tags

Diving and Snorkeling Family Travel Romantic Travel and Honeymoons
See Amenities
DavidL136's Profile Photo

Worst vacation place in my whole life

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on October 17, 2012

Worst stay ever at Club Med Bintan. You guys should know that those who had great moments don't write these stuff. Only those who experienced the worst would spare enough time to share the experience. I won't make it long as I don't think you guys deserve any of this. 1) Hotel is among the worst I have ever been to. Not only because it is old. I have been to many old hotels that are kept in good conditions. This is just a matter of philosophy on how you want to run the business. As a business owner, it didn't take a lot of effort to imagine how the other services would be. This is lower standard than a motel guys. 2) GOs seem to be friendly but just a smile that's it. When you have any trouble or need anything - they are like peer guests. They have no service mind at all. The fat guy working at bar never even seem to answer any of my drink requests - he literally ignored me. I didn't complain as I've seen the room and it was imaginable either the CEO of the company or the GM of this resort wouldn't give a sh*t even if I did. 3) To be fair, yes the mini club was okay - but not that it was extraordinarily superb. They were good with playing with children but still some seemed like they were very hesitant in doing this job. 4) When I was about to check out, the receptionist on the phone told me check out was 10AM. I remembered seeing somewhere it was 11AM and that's how I had planned the last day. So I asked where I am to be informed since no one ever told me it was 10. (is there ANY hotel in the world that has 10AM checkout????) I was told I shld come up to the reception to see - and after I found it was written 11AM on the key holder I had - they told me 11AM on the key holder was Singapore time. So I asked then is the check in time 2PM Singapore time too - and they say that's Indonesia time. What???? Are you guys doing a comedy or what??? This was what the reception manager told me and there was nothing I wanted from them. I just simply wanted to end this discussion and leave the hotel - AND NEVER COME BACK AGAIN. 4) It isn't just these three that was disturbing. When customers complain about something, you shld know they have 10 other reasons that they tried to tolerate. Food - I strongly believe has hygiene problem like many pointed out on other travel sites as the whole night I was going in and out of the bathroom. Although may not be poisonous, one can easily tell they are not fresh nor in good condition with a single bite. The joining of the GOs in our dinner meal and not talking till end of their meal was also very disturbing and awkward. The GM Mike we saw often was just hanging around here and there trying to brag himself that this is his kingdom. He had no service mind whatsoever and was not there when customers had complaints. He was just useless. Well I think this is long enough for such a terrible stay after paying SGD2K for 2 nights stay. I just wish I can get the stupid registration fee back - because this will be my last experience with you... and I will make every effort to stop my friends or their friends from going to any Club Med in the world.

Unique Quality: The nature and spa is nice.

Amar_kirale's Profile Photo

Best Resort I have ever been

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 5, 2010

I had done my bookings at Club Med Ria Bintan for 2 nights and 3 days from 16th – 18th July 2009. I paid US$180 per head per day. Though it may look expensive on prima facie but considering Unlimited food, unlimited alcohol ,unlimited snorkeling, unlimited archery, unlimited minigolf, unlimited swimming (basically add unlimited to everything)......and many more activities are included in the cost. Hence it works-out to be at par or may be even cheaper than the resorts of similar grade.

After walking out of the immigration to the Club Med counter at the ferry terminal, everything was taken care off. Me and my wife were directed to the bus of Club Med. It took 20 – 25 mins to reach the hotel.

On arrival we insisted that we need a room with a sea view. It was a pretty long walk from the reception area to the room. Since my wife was 5 months pregnant, she was a bit tired walking all the way. But once we reached our room........ we were so exited……. It was just WOW! With a view of the blue sea and white sand we both were mesmerized. Rooms were good and hygienic. They have a rustic look – and - feel which makes them more exotic and classy. We took a quick bath and went for a lunch.

They have 2 restaurants and 3 bars. All bars continuously server chilling cocktails and mocktails. Restaurant timings are intelligently set in such a way that you will never remain hungry. If incase you miss the lunch at one restaurant you can have it at another. Basically they have alternate timings for both the restaurant. When one restaurant is serving other prepares for the next meal .So you don’t have to race against the time when you are on the vacation. It actually helps you to do activities like snorkeling or play mini golf, etc at your leisure without thinking of rushing to lunch only because the restaurant will close down. This management is something unique I found at Club Med and I should say I was really impressed.

As per my earlier experience in such type of packages where you pay in advance for unlimited food and drinks, the timings are such that they will ensure they screw-up your vacation. I’ll give you very common example, whenever you opt for a package inclusive of stay and breakfast; breakfast is generally upto 10.00am. Now who the f*** wants to go on a vacation and wake up early just because you’ll miss on the breakfast that you have already paid for. If I am on the vacation I don’t want wake up before 9-10pm because we spend our hard earn monies to find escape from the busy city life.

Hotel Staff was exceptionally good. As mentioned earlier that my wife was pregnant and was finding it difficult to walk all the way upto the room, hotel’s room manager shifted us to a room (also with a beautiful sea view) which was close from the main activity area.

Club Med also have a shack on the beach for cocktails (everything on the house - as I told you). So you don’t have to carry your glass to the beach (That’s kewl...is n't it...). It’s a white sand beach. People kayaking and sailing is a great sight to watch. You, yourself can do these activities or just chill on the beach with a glass of wine. Don’t worry if you don’t know kayaking or sailing they have staff to train you.

Unique Quality: When we arrived at Club Med we had a warm welcome by the staff. Staff is full of energy and at your service which makes you feel like home. General Manager himself welcomed all guest and introduced everyone to the staff and the hotel. This was a very good gesture by the Management. I was wondering why he is giving us the orientation lecture on the resort, which I realized later that the Resort is so huge and there are so many activities that one can do that you need to know what is happening where.

Club Med have a team who take care of kids so that couples can have some time of their own….you know what I mean……..hehehe……

The event management team was taking care of kids very well. They were keeping them very much engrossed in the games. So if you have a baby, don’t forget to enquire about baby Club Med. Though it comes with additional cost but it makes parents life much easier. Its basically a babysitting facility that they provide. This is another plus point of Club Med.

Why Club Med?

It is a type of resort where they make you enjoy your vacation. It seems, as if, enjoyment here is the "Rule of the Land".

I loved my experience with Club Med and strongly recommend it to everyone. Right from hospitality to liesure, from service to location, its an amazing place. We stayed for 2 night and 3 days at Club Med. It was such a beautiful place with plenty of activities and fantastic location with a private beach (Check-out my things to do tip) that we did 'nt feel like going outside the resort. We were either in the water snorkeling or chilling with cocktails on the beach.

Directions: After passing immigration just walk-in to the hotel counter where you have done your bookings. They will take care of everything

Restless-in-kl's Profile Photo

Endless Activities

Bad (2.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on March 17, 2007

Honestly, Club Med is not my cup of tea. It's for families with hyperactive kids where the GOs would be more than happy to keep them occupied. These GOs seem to have boundless energy as you see them running around trying to involve guests in activities and then you see them partying all night at disco.

Phew! Just watching them made me tired!

Rooms at Club Med are nothing fancy. In fact they are quite basic and the bathrooms are worse than the one I have at home.

Unique Quality: Lots of free activities to do and learn
Eat and drink all you want, all day

vyxxyn's Profile Photo

Paradise Island

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on December 7, 2003

This club's best suited for families with young children, golfers, and honeymooners/loving couple getaways, in that order. Not suitable for singles on the prowl. If you are the latter may I suggest Club Med Cherating, it's environment and activities are perfect for singles to chill out.

Bintan's Club Med is very scenic and pretty. Has 2 beaches and a huge pool. One beach is pictured here behind the pool where everyone goes to. The other is concealed and relatively untouched and I recommend visiting this secret beach. You have to walk through wild grass to get there. But it's cool, there's a breakwater on which you can climb during low tide and gaze out into the horizon.

Be prepared to climb up and down alot of stairs, as the elevator is slow, and only present in the clubhouse. E.g. dining hall is on 3rd floor, reception at top, kids activities and pub at basement.

Most activities are free: kids acrobatics, sailing, kayaking, snorkelling, archery etc. However need to pay minimal fees for scuba diving, and golfing.

Booking: request for a room near clubhouse unless you want more privacy. Reservations staff normally place lover couples in very remote rooms - I got one at the end of the world and on top floor, equivalent to 5 storeys of stairclimbing, hell!

Unique Quality: Great views and lots of kids programmes. Ideal for young parents who want some freedom, can 'dump' kids at the creche and have some fun on their own. Staff are all very helpful and dependable! Accomodation includes ALL meals and ALL YOU CAN EAT!!! No wonder they don't have elevators/lifts! You need to shed off the excess weight!

Directions: Transport is automatically pre-arranged don't worry about it. Price is nett, inclusive of return ferry ticket, coach rides and insurance. No 'hidden costs'.

Club Med Ria Bintan

• Club Med Bintan
  • Bintan Club Med
  • Club Med Ria Bintan Hotel Bintan

Address: Jalan Perigi Raya, Site A 11, Lagoi North Bintan Bintan Utara T. Uban, Indonesia

8 Photos of Club Med Ria Bintan

• Suites
  • Bar / Lounge
  • Free High Speed Internet

Pulau Bintan Travel Forum

Need advice about Pulau Bintan, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Pulau Bintan and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Pulau Bintan hotel reviews

Probably the best restaurant in Pulau Bintan
Normal Restaurant
Best Restuarant
Restaurants
Get yourself really wet with seasport!
Club Mana Mana
Snorkeling
Archery at Club Med
Snorkeling with 1000s of Fishes Around
Things to Do
visit the capital of bintan
Getting to Bintan (Tanjung Pinang) from Singapore
Casual Dining
Luxurious Spa- Banyan Tree Spa
Pasar Oleh-Oleh
Things to Do
Eat with the sea breeze as your companion
Fun activities in Bintan Resort
Convenient Ferries to Bintan from Singapore
Transportation
Not very local, local village
beach activities ...