Jl. Bangka XI A no. 26, Kemang, Jakarta, 12720, Indonesia
Agoda.com Booking.com HostelBookers.com

More about Jakarta

20-07-201020-07-2010

JakartaJakarta

Dancers having a restDancers having a rest

AtmosphereAtmosphere

Airport Tax Leaving Jakarta

by Vkumar33

Could someone please let me know how much is the airport tax payable when leaving Jakarta to Malaysia? I don't want to be caught without having enough IDR to pay prior to departure.
Rgds

Kumar.

by theo1006

Airport tax when leaving Indonesia is Rp 100,000.
For domestic flights it is Rp 30,000.

Thank you.
Appreciate your assistance very much.
rgds

by BesarRahasia

Sorry to make a correction but the Airport Departure Tax is 150,000Rp.

Which has to be paid in cash Rupiah, if you don't have enough Rupiah in cash they take you into a room, and will accept other currency but at really bad exchange rates.

by theo1006

BesarRahasia,
That's interesting, because I am sure I still paid Rp 100,000 in Jakarta last September. So either the tax has been increased, or else perhaps they have a different rate at Ngurah Rai Airport.
Vkumar33,
You better keep ready Rp 150,000 then, and let us know afterwards how much you had to pay.
Cheers,
Theo

by BesarRahasia

Yes Sorry you are right

I was still a little bit hungover after a bit of a heavy session last night.(Making the most of the few bottles of Jack Daniels left on Bali,the alchohol situation is getting dire now here, and what with Chrismas and New Year coming, don't know what the visitors are going to partake of for the celebrations)

As far as increasing the tax from Jakarta, they either have or are about to introduce an additional "Donation" tax which although it is called a donation it is a compulsory donation and is going to be around 10% of the existing tax or maybe more.

It was expected to be introduced at the end of October. But I have had no news yet if it has come in. Still trying to get am answer.

So if the Donation Tax is already in then the Departure Tax will be around 110,000Rp not 150,000, (which it is in Bali)

So I aplogise for my error before, still suffering a bit from headache (self induced, but well worth it.)

by mansionion

Hi all!

I paid Rp100,000 for the airport tax in Jakarta last August for my flight to KL & no donation tax counter was in sight. Last 2 weeks in Padang, the airport tax that I paid for was Rp75,000 for my flight to KL. Eventhough the donation tax counter is just next to the airport tax counter, I was not asked to pay for the donation.

Not sure if there's recent changes in the airport tax rate but I'm going to JKT again tomorrow, maybe I can give an update on this when I return to KL next week.

-m-

by kadir99

confirm it is RP 100 000

by mansionion

Just back to KL frm Jakarta today, yes its confirmed the airport tax is Rp100,000.

-m-

Hi fellow VT's,
Thanks all....and yes its confirmed it 100,000RPH per person.
Had a nice wonderful trip.
rgds

Travel Tips for Jakarta

Need a Sim Card

by cokes

I guess if you planning on buying a simcard for your mobile when you get to Indonesia I would recommend you buy the Simpati Telkomsel Simcard. When buying the card ask the person who is selling you the card to load the airtime for you as well. There is instruction on the card to loading airtime yourself so when you dial the number to load airtime you`ll find out its in Bahasa Indonesia. You can find the recharge vouchers anywhere.

Puncak Mountain Resort

by rmiya84778

Puncak is located outside of Jakarta in the mountains.
Many people go here to get away from the city .
Once you reach Puncak, you have choice of hiking through plantations, seeing nice floral/fauna and beautiful views of the surrounding mountains! This area has very special memories for me.
This is where my fiance and I had our first date together.
(see my Taman Safari review)

Play Basketball in Jakarta

by Yudhis

If you're looking for a streetball game of basketball where anyone can join the game, as long as you really Can play basket, just come to Senayan outdoor basketball court.

Located in front of the TVRI building, opposite taman ria (tgi fridays senayan). I'm playing weekly every wednesday night, from 8.30pm till about 11pm. We are a bunch of guys who love to play (but not too serious) game of basket.

There's one-two expat who play with us, just ask one of us if you want to join the game. The rule basically the same, normally the team who lost all been replace by the new ones. all you have to do is come with your basketball gear, smile and ask one of the player if you could join the game

If you just have short...

by ukirsari

If you just have short visiting in Jakarta and need some Indonesian souvenirs, you can buy them at Pasar Seni Ancol (north Jakarta), Pasaraya Blok M (south) or Sarinah (central). In Sarinah, you can find t-shirt about Jakarta with the landmarks.

+ Picture is about my room's wall-decoration, made-in Yogyakarta. The canvas is made from natural fiber sack which originally used for harvest by farmers.

ITC Mangga Dua

by kenningst about ITC Mangga Dua

This mall is really something. I am really amazed by the amount of stores/shops that they can squeeze into this mall. Its so packed that you will get into a human traffic jam almost at every turn. Its a very low end mall and the choices are galore but I am not really into really cheap stuffs so I just went in to enjoy the chaotic atmosphere.

Comments