Hotel Mulia Senayan

See Hotels with Lower Price

Tags

Business Travel Food and Dining Family Travel
See Amenities

Stayed for New Year's eve, not dissappointed.

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on June 7, 2011

My family was planning to have a new year's eve here in Hotel Mulia, so we went there and I've once stayed there when I was very little so I don't remember.

Anyway, the hotel was beautiful and it gave you a posh feeling, but it took so long for the check-in, and it was very crowded, but I guess I could understand since it was almost new year and this hotel is one of the most famous hotels here.

After we finally checked in, our room was beautiful and had average size for a room, so we were quite satisfied with the results. Plus, it had kids channels there so we were entertained because here not a lot of hotels have kids channels (Disney Channel, etc.)

We didn't order any room service, as we walked around for our food, so we didn't try the food, at least not until night time when there was a New Year's eve party in a restaurant.

The party was very crowded, but enjoyable. The drinks were well served, and so were the food. We truly enjoyed the food there, and the night view was great.

The next morning, we went swimming and the pool was also quite beautiful, but it wasn't very crowded.

In other words, we enjoyed the stay except for the time we had to waste while waiting for our check-in. I recommend this hotel to anybody who wishes to have a good time and to see Jakarta a lot. But try to book when it's not holiday, because it'd be too crowded. Also, the price was quite expensive, but average for hotels in Jakarta.

Unique Quality: The great views, and the pool. The restaurant also had delicious food!

cokes's Profile Photo

Excellent Hotel in Jakarta

by written on October 27, 2009

This is really a very beautiful hotel and comes high recommended by me. The room is very big and spacious and very nice inside and the bathroom is very nice. The staff here is all very nice a friendly and the food here is very nice as they have a very nice variety. They are very strict when coming to hotel as the cars are searched and you all your bags are checked at the entrance of the hotel as if you were at the airport but this is so because of the bombings that occurred earlier this year.

Unique Quality: It has a huge swimming pool , a nice night club inside the hotel. They have a Cascade Lounge which I thought was a nice place to come and relax after a busy day in Jakarta and enjoy the live music they have there.

Directions: Close to Plaza Senyan , Senyan City and Plaza Semanggi

Credit card fraud

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 29, 2008

You need to be very careful using your credit card in this hotel. My friend had his card stolen by one of the bar staff while in the CJ club. And my card had an additional fraudulent transaction added which I had not signed for.

The manager was very apologetic, but clearly the local staff have a great scam going and are uncontrollable. Perhaps the reason why they are not part of an international chain.

bladedragon's Profile Photo

Jakarta's best hotel service

by written on November 28, 2007

To me, this hotel is so far the best hotel in terms of service quality in Jakarta.
For corporate rate, I get free 4 piece of laundry per day, free internet and free cab to office.

Unique Quality: Centralized location, near to malls and CBD.

Directions: At the end of Jl. Asia Africa Senayan.

Applelyn's Profile Photo

One of the Best in Indonesia

by written on April 7, 2006

It is luxury. Furthermore before you enter the hotel, there will be a security check(airport style), and that made me feel safer. You will then be welcomed by the grandeur of the hotel which includes the marbled interior and exclusive art pieces. There is a wide range of cuisine you can choose from the seven dining facilities. After a day's work, you can enjoy the massages, facials and jacuzzi in the spa or laze at the pool side.

Unique Quality: I like slothing into the huge sofa in the cascading lounge enjoying the live band. The hotel is built for a king.

Directions: It is at the junction of Jl Gelora and Patal Senayan. Senayan Golf course is just beside it.

BC23's Profile Photo

One of the best hotels I've stayed

by written on December 31, 2005

A couple of night at the Mulia . The place is like a bee hive - lot of activities . Great hotel , but I think the no . of staff in the reception is not enough on a busy day . fabulous view on the top -overlooking the Golf course . The standard roms a less spacious . Food is great .
The night club is the best feature -with a whole lot of pretty women around .

Unique Quality: Great view overlooking the Golf course , The food is simply great .

xuessium's Profile Photo

Hotel Mulia: Simply awesome and comfortable

by written on October 9, 2005

The room had to be the most spacious of all the standard grade rooms I had stayed in. The hotel is sparing nothing to make guests feel comfortable.

If you get a room facing the right side, you can see the Senayan district (which happened to be an upmarket area) of Jakarta glowing softly in the night.

Simply delightful to be back in the room after a day of hard work!

The health club is open to all staying guests (though you have to pay to use the gym). Great jacuzzi (partitioned into separate men & ladies portion for privacy) in the health club to wind down a day.

The hotel has great in-house restaurants too. The food at the Japanese restaurant "Edogin" was tasty and the breakfast spread at "The cafe" was sumptuous.

Security is tight in the hotel. Guests has to go through metal detectors to ensure the safety of all guests.

Unique Quality: The extremely spacious room and the jacuzzi in the health club.

Directions: In Senayan District

joeymello's Profile Photo

Business/leisure hotel written all over it

by written on August 31, 2005

This is HUGE! A truly amazing hotel. Wow!

I arrived in Jakarta and took the bluebird taxi to this hotel. He knew straight off the bat where this hotel was located.

Upon arrival, you go through this entire security check. My car was checked (they open the trunk and put this device underneath the car.) Then, after paying the taxi driver, I had to put my luggage through this scanner device. Thereafter, I went inside to check-in. First thing you notice is the hustle-bustle of the lobby. It seemed to me there were alot of locals who come here to either eat at the restaurants or just meet visitors/friends.

Lucky for me, there was no waiting line at check-in.

My room was Mulia Signature and I got room 3603. I felt secure in the hotel since you need to put your room key in the hotel elevator for the elevator to move. Plus, the only floor that you can press is your own floor!

So I was on the 36th floor --- GORGEOUS view! I don't know if I lucked out (or not) but my view was downtown jakarta. Really nice during the day and at night.

Bes of all was the full-body shower. Ahhhh... so nice!

Unfortunately, I got into Jakarta with a slight fever, so I mainly stayed in my room all day.

Unique Quality: nice 30m lap pool!
Some comments-
1) Don't order room service if you don't have to. Dishes there have American prices and their servings are meager. I ordered the Monte Cristo that cost $9USD and I only got 2 slices of bread (cut in triangle) with ham/cheese inside. MInd you this bread wasn't big or extra large at all. A bit sad.

2) The room itslef was just a treat. The bed was very soft and comfortable.

3) Service was GREAT! Very personalized. I wanted to see a doctor and they did everything for me. I saw the doctor in 2 housr (she wasn't at the hotel at that time) and her nurse got me all my medicines. By the way, ?I'll comment here that I didn't have travel insurance and so I was sooo worried that doctor costs will be soooo expensive. I was a bit amazed, but not too surprised in terms of the prices. I was just happy that my doctor spoke English! I did tip alot though since she and her nurse may have saved my life!

The pool area was rented out to GM that evening. Even though it was rented out to them, hotel guests were still able to use the pool (which is a nice perk.)

Spa/massage there is amazing. I got foot reflexology and my legs/feet were seriously in bliss.

All staff spoke very good English.

I'd recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Jakarta. The only drawback is its location if you're a tourist. It's far from downtown area of Jakarta. My meaning of "far" is you can't walk to the city center. You'd have to take a taxi or private car. Then again, it is closer to the airport. Plus, tranportation in Indonesia is fairly cheap when compared to other countries.

Perhaps Jakarta's best...

Great (4.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on August 6, 2005

This hotel is grand and lavish, service is super, bedroom is spacious and makes you feel like a king. Breakfast is great - excellent spread. Very opulent. I'd come here again.

Unique Quality: Big pool. Excellent spa. Opulent interior.

Roussell's Profile Photo

One of Jakarta's top 5.

by written on April 4, 2005

Superb hotel! Well, what can i say.....you guys just have to surf their homepage to see probably one of the few best hotels in Jakarta. This was a golfing trip sponsored by the company where i'm working so all expenses paid. Very nice! We had 2 days of beautiful golfing there.

Directions: This hotel is located nearby the Senayan Sports Complex.

rosie_b's Profile Photo

Hotel with the biggest ballroom in Indonesia

by written on March 20, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel at the night of our wedding reception. The hotel has a huge ballroom in which we used for the reception. The room that we had is fantastic and big. I especially love the shower tube, because it was so high tech that I literally pushed every buttons to see what happens. The restaurants seem to be very good, just judging from the foods that we tried one week before the wedding for the reception. The way to the pool was a bit confusing, but we found it at the end.

Unique Quality: The view from our room was great, because it gave us almost a 360 degrees view of Jakarta's landscape. It was absolutely gorgeous. We had a good wedding reception there, which ran smoothly without any problems. And also, we had a complimentary champagne and a black forrest cake (which is my favorite). If anybody wants to invite 3000 people for any occassion, I'm sure they will all fit in its ballroom, trust me. Basically, we had a blast for the rest of the day we stayed there.

Directions: Near the TVRI station and Senayan Sports Stadium.

Mangunsong's Profile Photo

Hotel Mulia Senayan, Jakarta

by written on August 26, 2002

US $ 115.00

Unique Quality: The five star Hotel Mulia Senayan, strategically located in Jakarta's central business district and close to Jakarta's premier shopping center, has easy access from the toll road to Soekarno- Hatta International Airport which can be reached in only 25 minutes.

Hotel Mulia Senayan is Jakarta's newest 5 star hotel, opening in early 1998. Its 1008, 46 square meter rooms offer a variety of accommodation with a Presidential Suite, a Chairman's Suite, 2 Ambassador Suites, 40 Royal Suites, 90 Mulia Club rooms and 856 Superior Rooms all with unobstructed views over the Senayan Golf course and the city.

Other facilities include a superb 30 meter pool, two floors of Fitness Center, 4 tennis courts, Business Center, Gift Shop, Florist, 7 restaurants and Bars and extensive banqueting, the corner piece of which is a 2500 square meter pillar less ballroom. The hotel also offers Mulia Club guests complimentary green fees at the adjacent Senayan Golf Course.

A unique feature of the hotel is its collection of over 8000 art pieces from paintings and glass to ceramics and sculptures. Painstakingly selected, this collection enhances the sophisticated and opulent interior design to give the hotel its distinctive mark.

Well-trained and dedicated staff pride themselves on ensuring guest's total comfort and well-being throughout their stay.

Directions: Jalan Asia Afrika, Senayan

• Suites
  • Airport Transportation
  • Bar / Lounge

Jakarta Travel Forum

Need advice about Jakarta, Indonesia? Visit the Travel Forum for Jakarta and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Jakarta hotel reviews