Sheraton Media Hotel Towers

Satisfaction Average

Costs 47% less but rated 18% lower than other 5 star hotels

• kenari's Profile Photo

Tired 5 star hotels

we being all over the world staying in sheraton hotels,i can say this hotel need to be refurbish...the ambiance just like 3 star hotel and the room...

Unique Quality: near mangga dua mall

• Sheraton Media

I ended up at the Sheraton Media for all the wrong reasons: I thought I was booked in the airport Sheraton and after spending an hour waiting to be picked up at the hotel was told that the booking had been transferred to the Sheraton Media because the Bandara (at the airport) was full. So after a night on one of those classic "long haul overnight flight on a tiny plane" that Garuda seems to specialise in, I hadto make a further 30 minute drive to the Media.

My work colleagues were particularly pleased to let me know that the Sheraton Media is definitely on the wrong side of the tracks and close to Jakarta's red light area, a subject I had omitted to research before departure.

Now the joy of staying in a hotel in a bad area is that the management and staff work extra hard to welcome you, and sure enough, every single member of the team at the Sheraton Media set a wonderful example for the tired world of hospitality (and an example that Garuda Airlines would do well to emulate): the Sheraton staff were courteous, friendly and helpful. At one point, I left the coffeeshop for ten minutes to take a phone call and visit the bathroom. When I returned, they greeted me by name, all chortling "Welcome Back! Where have you been?" It was all tongue in cheek and very cheeky, but it made me feel very good and as if I was one of their family, and that is a rare experience in big hotels these days.

Unique Quality: The hotel is not the best located for access to the city centre but ishalf way to the airport from downtown, and is close to Kota and the old port.
    It has a pooland a very big fitness area, clarly used as a local fitness club by local business people and families.
    Several coffeeshops,bars and restaurants and - importantly - an ATM just outside the main gate (on the left).

• Mangunsong's Profile Photo

SHERATON MEDIA HOTEL AND...

SHERATON MEDIA HOTEL AND TOWERS, Jakarta
    US $ 75.00

Unique Quality: Elegantly appointed rooms and suites. A spectacular penthouse. Private Towers accomodation with 24 hour butler service. Super dining...authentic Thai fare at sukhothai, delicious, Chinese cuisine at Dragon Court, casual Indonesian and Continental dining at the Breeze Cafe. Relaxing bar...a Media Bar. Sheraton Media Hotel & Towers offers five-star comfort.

The business traveller will meet in spacious rooms, convene in the 250 person ballroom and enjoy personal assistance at the Business Center. For leisure, there's the superb Acropolis Spa and Fitness Center, the Hair and Beauty Salon, a private Putting Green, jogging track and tennis court. Or for the less energetic, an outdoor swimming pool is perfect for relaxation.

Directions: Jl. Gunung Sahari Raya No.3 Jakarta 10720 - Indonesia

More about Sheraton Media Hotel Towers

Jakarta to Bogor

by kenari

hi ,i going to Jakarta Next week ...i'm Going to Bogor on 3rd June,my question is i need a one way transport from sheraton jakarta to bogor raya golf club ,any suggestion the cheapest or easiest way to go???

by sukalejong

Hi,
I can not think any easiest way of transportation that meet your need than taxi. However, it is not the cheapest.
The cheapest way is taking bus from UKI or Kampungrambutan bus station, with fare Rp 5.000 (nonAC) and Rp 7.000 (AC), to Baranangsiang (Bogor bus station) and you have to continue the journey with another car to reach your destination. It will be not easy, especially when you bring your golf club.
Taxi fare is way expensive than bus, but it gives comfort. You can choose Express taxi for the cheapest fare. You can ask/order that taxi to hotel concierge.
Or, you can call that golf club to ask if they have shuttle service to/from Jakarta.
I hope this help you...
Cheers
Ingka

by kenari

hop on and off the bus with the golf bag ...i don't think so ...anyway thanks for the tips may be by taxi ,anyway outstation taxi still using meter?i only travel by bluebird as being cheated couple of times by other operator...

by kenari

another question ..in jakarta have express taxi ???

by arinizy

My suggestion...rent one day car incl. the driver.. cost you appr. 400 rups...

have a nice Play!

by enysg

the sheraton hotel surely can arrange and assit you with the car and a driver for a fee,is not the cheapest but the safest way to go.have fun playing golf

by kenari

hi me again ,anyway i only need one way trip as my rental car will come to pick me up later in the afternoon along with my family .how much normally a meter taxi will charge??

by sukalejong

Yeah, we do have a taxi name Express. But I think it is not as the same taxi as you think of. Indonesia's Express taxi is owned and runned by Rajawali Group.
It's fare is cheaper than Bluebird, and 'till the time I write this, I dont hear any complaint about their service.
Last week its flag fall is Rp 4.000. But I dont know if they hike their fare after the government rose the price of petrol.
Happy swinging...

by indolife

I would actually suggest only taking a Blue Bird taxi, rather than an Express taxi. I once tried to take an Express taxi and the driver refused to use the meter and tried to charge me an exorbitant fare. When I told him I was going to complain to his company, he attacked me. Be very careful if you take Express.

Comments