Somerset Berlian

Somerset Berlian, Jakarta
Agoda.com Booking.com Asiatravel.com

Costs 78% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Jakarta

Special star over selamat datang JakartaSpecial star over selamat datang Jakarta

Piano Phonograph - Steinway, sevenbluerosePiano Phonograph - Steinway, sevenbluerose

Not stressed by the customers. . . :)Not stressed by the customers. . . :)

Taxi drivers having a restTaxi drivers having a rest

Urgently Requires a Van Driver in Jakarta

by vanitykills

Hi, i will be flying in to Jakarta this Thursday. Its an impromptu decision on this last min trip because of a good flight deal. and now we are freaking out because we have no driver. i be flying in with my parents and siblings therefore needed a driver. can someone recommend a van driver because in total i have 8 adults and a baby with few luggages and a stroller. we need a spacious vehicle. thank you.

by vanitykills

i forgot to add. please include rate as well. i will be arriving thurs night at 9pm.

itinery:

thurs - airport - hotel (9pm)
fri - sightseeing (full day)
sat - sightseeing (full day)
sun - hotel to airport (10am)

by explore_discover

After coming out of arrival hall, you can find many peoples offering Private Vehicle (Point to Point or per day basis) you can negotiate and choose the one suitable for your requirement. Most of them Kajang 4 wheel drive (similar to PAJERO) and some also have Mini Vans. Bargain and fix the fare before get in its more cheaper then taking taxi from the counter.

by mbostraight

don't worry, maybe i can help you, how much you have budget for these, if you real won't to spend cost bargain on airport just let me know your budgeting and i'll give you an alternative to safe your cost.

by explore_discover

Do not trust any stranger from the internet, do it on your own, inspect the vehicle, negotiate the price, face to face you have better chance to judge a person.

You can even take XTRANS minibus, or normal airport bus called Damri @ 30,000/person to many parts of Jakarta if unable to find a reasonable offer for van, or simply take 2 blue bird taxi from the counter to get to your hotel and then ask the hotel staff to get you a van.

by mbostraight

i'm not looking for money here lol, i just want to know how much he have budget, if less you'll never got . i'm live in bandung, that's a neighbour city of jakarta. usually in jakarta is money hunter, when you bargain it's hard, than you book some travel out there . . . that's i know , sorry if i look likes strange, but i just remember u don't judge it's by cover, thx. i hope it useful.

by sukalejong

Hi,
There are a lot of car rental in Jakarta, but the trust able one I know is from Blue Bird Company. You can find their counter outside arrival hall, where you can get your airport transfer. Maybe you can ask also for their rental service for your sightseeing days.

I always use them when I arrived at night. However I only know their fare for airport transfer using Toyota Avanza car, Rp 210.000 (usually I share the fare with my friends)

You can book for the service via internet in this address: http://www.bluebirdgroup.com/reservations.php

Another company for rent a car is Express Group, which you can find at this address http://www1.expressgroup.co.id

I hope this will help. :)

Travel Tips for Jakarta

when I was in Jakarta!! 2

by Rover98

you can also go to a streat called " sorry it is a hard name to remember" but tell the one who you are asking where is the streat near Sarina mall witch look like those in Bali "what a helpful question!!" but you really must see that street full of pups and resturants.... lots and lots of great thing,,, but I only stayed in Jakarta for 1 week when I first went to Indonesia and 3 days before i went back home. I'm going to write about my whole trip in endonesia, and all my travels before like my trips to Uk-london, Cairo and sharm alshehk- Egypt, Syria, Jorden, Lebanon, Bahrin, Abo Dabi-UAE,... and who knows maybe i'll go to another country before I finish talking about these places....

I hope you liked my first participation in this lovely website.... soon I'll write more

your new member ROVER98 I really miss everything... every country has its own great things... and in Jakarta the people,the night life, the fun, the strange food, and the low prices*2 :)

Childrens paintings!

by belgianchocolate

Sicillia runs the educational program for children in Pusat Primata Schmutzer.
Before opening time of this primate 'zoo' we where invited for a walk with the brain behind this place. It was great , fantastic... But what really touched me where the children drawings at the terrace behand the orang utans. Boy where they colourfull. Even more astonished I was by the age of the children and the time they spend making them.

So young , so fast.
I've never seen western children do something like this.

I'm quit sure that conservation and the care for animals in the future are in the right hands if this program goes on like this...

THE WEATHER:

Jakarta is...

by Krystynn

THE WEATHER:

Jakarta is generally very hot and humid; so pack along only LIGHT-WEIGHT clothings.

DRESS CODE

If you're intending to visit the mosques and other religious sites, do ensure that you DO NOT wear shorts or slippers in (read: conservative outfits only, please). The Muslims here are generally very tolerant and some are as well-dressed as you too!
:-) Probably the only time you'd see them dressed conservatively in their national costume is during the month of Ramadan (the Muslim fasting month) and their New Year (Hari Raya). Try NOT to go to Indonesia during the Ramadan month. Most of the shops will close early and the city is kinda quiet. Not fun if you're a tourist/ traveler and have only a limited time to check out this city... :-((

SHOPPING TIPS:

Avoid the tourist shops. Yes, it is hardly ever the tourist souvenir shops I find terribly exciting. And the things they sell there cost a bomb! What I would humbly recommend is that you head straight to the supermarkets, farmer's markets, museum boutiques, drug stores and specialty shops. These are the places that will offer creative treasure-trove of goodies. Really.

When I find a shopping spot I really like, the address, telephone and fax number is noted in my journal. This way, I can return on my next trip, re-order specialties by mail if necessary and I can share my best finds with girlfriends when they go off traveling.

And finally, strike when the iron is hot!! What do I mean? Well, many times I would buy 2 or 3 of the same item that really catches my fancy. When I go back home to Singapore, these treasured items will be stored inside my gift drawer ready for special occasions and holiday gift-giving!! Your friends will definitely LOVE you for being so resourceful and brilliant. :-D Jakarta has PLENTY of wood carvings, Javanese dolls... and even coffee beans for you to buy back home! And like I said earlier, they don't cost a bomb. Great news eh?

Photographers in the old streets

by kokoryko

Walking in the streets of old Batavia is a very interesting and enjoyable thing to do; the old buildings, the people around, the quiet atmosphere when you just left the heavy traffic in the nearby streets, all is here, to relax a little bit! Many people, professionals and amateurs come in these streets to make photographs and I “stole” a few pics of a model who was posing for three photographers there.
Jalan Pintu Besar Utara has been laid out as a pedestrian area, where it is very nice to stroll, and it is very interesting (in some way) to look how the street has been renovated, but the buildings are still in their initial state, with lots of charm, with their almost ruined walls. . . . just nice to walk!
South and west sides of Batavia old square (Taman Fatahillah); a few small streets.

Best Place to Hangout

by biawak about Plaza Senayan

This mall is where the upper crust likes to hang out. Plenty of Indonesian celebrities, politicians etc can be seen strolling along this nice mall. The food selection is excellent, parking is adequate and the atmosphere is very nice. Jakarta's most expensive shops are here! Boutiques of famous brands and two large department stores can be found here. $$ to $$$$$

Comments