Aston Bali Resort & Spa

Booking.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• cokes's Profile Photo

10 out of 10 in my books

I loved staying here. The staff was great , the hotel was very beautiful and on the beach and my room was huge. For the price I would recommend this to everybody but since being to Kuta I would rather say Leave Aston Bali for the Honeymooners or for those who just want to relax. There is alot of watersport on the beach , the restaurant was excellent and the food was very nice and almost every night I was there they had some function whereby they had a buffet dinner of foods of a different sort. The Spa section is excellent as you could go for a full body message in the open air as well. You have a buffet breakfast with a large variety of food ,cereal and fruits.

Unique Quality: Huge Room , Beautiful Pool right by the beach. The beach is clean , not busy and a very relaxing place.

More about Aston Bali Resort & Spa

We love Aston!

by TripAdvisor Member Evayanti

My family stayed at Aston Bali for 5 days during our trip to Bali on 8-12 June 2007.

The staffs were friendly and helpful. They are always with smiles.

Our rooms were garden view. The rooms are spacious and cozy. The bathroom are clean. Our kids love the pool so much. They had a great time there. Btw, when we were there, it was a 'quiet' which is GOOD! We got the pool to ourselves.

One of the gazebo has a thick mattress on it. We love sitting there during evenings. It is such a nice place to relax and unwind.

The beach are clean and serene.

We will definately stay there if we got the chance to go to Bali again!!

great resort

by TripAdvisor Member lozz13

Upon arrival at the Aston bali my friend was already quite sick, during the stay she grew progressivley worse and the help that the staff provided was wonderful. They have an onsite docter who provided medication and when we were told that we could not fly home on the intended day because of the sickness, they very quickly organised for an extended stay and also on the last day one of the managers gave free late check out as my friend was still too sick to leave the hotel at normal checkout time. Also as my friend couldnt leave they let us choose any of the restaurant food and brought it too our room, instead of only having the room service food options.

The hotel is located right on the beach which is great. Also a few minutes walk away there are lots of water activites to do. The hotel also has a lovely spa and a large pool with pool bar.

That is the second time I have stayed at the Aston, and I would definatley recommend it.

Good Resosrt

by TripAdvisor Member deb000

This is our 3rd time at the Aston Bali, perfect location with shopping and restaurants within easy walking distance.
After our 3rd time rooms need a little more updating. But for value for money big rooms and location this would have to be the best.
The staff are fantastic and very friendly and also very easy to understand. If you make the effort to learn the language you will be even more comfortable. We love Bali and the people are very easy going. We also noticed that it is a lot cleaner than 3 years ago. Kuta is not as friendly and more pushy but cheaper for shopping bargains. DVD"s are a must and most work well.

Best restaurant down the road from the Aston was The Nelayan Restaurant (ask for Diva) service was exceptional and food was divine. I do not like spicey food so I stuck to the usual sweet and sour and chicken snitzel, my husband tried everything, nothing is a problem they will do anything if you ask.

We flew singapore airlines from Melbourne to Singapore with a 4 night stopover in Singapore then Singapore to Bali 8 nights at the Aston, the price was not much more than going direct to Bali.
But be aware after arriving back in Melbourne we were hit with excess luggage payment with Tiger Airlines to get back to Hobart.

Loved the Aston, Would definately recommend!

by TripAdvisor Member PrueKC

My partner and I stayed at the Aston for 7 nights on our very first trip to Bali in June 2006. We have nothing but positives to say about our stay, and I read some of the negative comments from fellow travellers with surprise! The staff were very welcoming and helpful, and the location was great.

Favourite Parts: The fruit drink and cold towel on arrival, the spacious rooms with wood floors, huge bathrooms, flower filled bathtub every morning, great pool area, free shuttles to Kuta, range of fantastic restaurants right opposite

Not so Favourite: Lack of variety at breakfast! Also, the lack of variety on the TV but really, if you are in Bali to watch TV, you might as well go home..

Tips: There is a great little laundry opposite the hotel if you don't fancy paying US dollars to get your undies washed, I got a whole suitcase full of washing beautifully laundered for about 75 rp. Also, there is a convenience store about a 2min walk down the road where you can buy your Bintang, water and snacks extremely cheaply if you want

Fantastic- A! - Great value, first class

by TripAdvisor Member PPWoods

The travel agent was hesitant to recommend this resort as she hadn't inspected it. I'm glad we went with our instincts because this resort was fantastic. The staff were wonderful and the room was enormous. The resort is in a great location, set amongst wonderful little restaurants, markets and, of course, the Indian Ocean. Importantly, it isn't inside the tourist ghetto of Nusa Dua, which is refreshing. I suspect the resort was recently renovated. Trust me, this is a first class resort. Obviously, not up to the standards of the Conrad, or Four Seasons, but for a third of the price, we were not complaining!

Middle of the road

by TripAdvisor Member Hacha

We stayed at the Aston for 4 nights and although the staff and hotel grounds are very nice overall we weren’t overly pleased. The rooms are cheap, modern and very clean however the grounds / pool are small and can get crowded. My partner made a number of reservations with the Spa and every time they stuffed it up, it was also very expensive. The cost of the room was cheap but the hotel more than makes it up in the cost of drinks and food (service charge not included) e.g. spirits cost about $12. The food was not anything to write home about and also pricy. The beach was very nice and plenty of water sports to keep you busy. My suggestion is if you stay here go for a short walk up and down the main road as there are some nice restaurants and you will save a lot of money over hotel prices.

Not bad, Not good...

by TripAdvisor Member fliptraveller

My husband and I stayed at the Aston in mid September and opted out of the all-inclusive option. We werent sure what to expect being it was our first trip to Indonesia but when we arrived at our hotel, it didnt fit with our expectations.

The hotel itself is ok but a bit run down and is in need of some renos. The rooms are spacious and relatively clean but we were disappointed when we found ourselves in a smoking room even though we requested a non smoking. The bedsheets smelled a bit musty and the bathrooms were ok but sometimes smelled of sewage.

There are 3 restaurants in the hotel and though we only checked out one of them and ordered from the waiters at the pool, we found the food expensive for what you got and didnt think the food was that great so we often opted to go to another resort or take a taxi to kuta or semynak for dinner where we found better deals and better food.

The upside is that the staff are really friendly and the beach and pool are beautiful. If you are looking to get a couple of lounge chairs with an umbrella be sure to get up early. We found that by 9am there werent any available so we'd have to lay our towels on the grass by the pool to get some sun.

Overall the resort was ok. Not the best but not the worst Ive been to. If my husband and I make it to Bali again we would probably choose another resort.

Nice service, excellent middle class hotel

by TripAdvisor Member Esteven

I actually only stayed 1 night in hotel Aston, my first night in Bali. because I arrived rather late (after midnight) the hotel offered a 50% discount rate for the short night and upgraded me to a suite. I really appreciated this gesture. The breakfast was nice.

The room I had was very spacious, offering all comfort. The furniture was a bit old and might need mondernisation, but I cannot complain at all. The room was very clean.

The pool and beach area is very beautiful, but quickly gets crowded. Around the pool there are not enough sunbeds, which is a pitty.

You can see that bit by bit, they are modernising the hotel. in the lobby area there was already some more trendy furniture,as also on the beach.

I did not particularly like the area. The sea this side of Bali has tides and in the afternoon, during low tide, the sea is gone, so you can only swim in the pool in the afternoon.

Good value hotel - beautiful pool area

by TripAdvisor Member livvylou

I found it really hard to find a family room ( i.e. for 2 adults and 2 kids) in Bali that did not cost an absolute fortune. I tried for months to find the best place to stay for a good price. It was hard to make a decision.

I came across the ASTON, and contacted direct, and got a good rate of us$119 for a seaview suite - 2 beds provided free for the kids . Great i thought. Cheaper than the hotel booking web sites.

When we arrived, the hotel exterior appears impressive, and the lobby and bar areas are nice - lots of carved stonework. Good start.

The room however, was a different story. It was very old and was overdue a renovation. I specifically asked for a renovated suite and was most miffed to end up with this huge but very outdated room. The reception staff said that the hotel was full and that there was no difference between the rooms. I beg to differ on that one !

Anyway, i put up with the room - after all, what do you expect for $119. In the end, it wasn't too much of a problem - the hospital type camp beds could be overlooked, the bathroom was large if run-down. But we had 2 tv's , and lots of space.

I found out that there are renovated rooms - be very specific and ask for one. Also confirm what kind of sea view you have. The top floor appeared to have the best. Our so called seaview suite only had a sea view glimpse due to all the palm trees outside.

Areas of the hotel are being renovated and it should be lovely when its all done. but the breakfast room isn't as yet. ITs very dark and dingy unless you sit outside in the morning heat. the breakfast buffet is just OK. Take your own tea bags from the room so you can have a half decent cup of tea.

The best bit is the sea front part of the hotel. Lovely bech cafe with trendy furniture, and a nice evening cafe too . The service is with a smile, and the prices are OK. The pool is old, but GREAT. Basketball hoop in the pool with lots of balls for the kids. Volleyball net (deep pool area) , little grotto area. Plenty of corners for hiding. ITs also a zero entry type of pool, so its starts shallow, but parts are very deep. There are 2 bikes available for guest use too.

The beach is clean and there are lots of loungers on it with comfy cushions. the sea is OK, nice and warm, but a bit sea-weedy, and the sea-weed tends to remain on the beach. But apart from this, the sand is lovely and clean and you can swim in the sea.

The restaurant food was ok - nothing to shout about. However, the restaurant over the road - Coco's - is great. We had a seafood platter for 2 at us$22. IT was just great tasting food, superb friendly service and entertainment in the evenings too.

WE had side trips by taxi (get one with a meter and make sure it works) to Kuta and jimbaran (for seafood). Kuta is busy, large and full of life - we like it although i wouldn't want to stay in the heart of it. Its great for shopping. Jimbaran was where we went to for the famous seafood . HUGELY EXPENSIVE - especially the lobster. I have no idea how much it should cost, but our meal for 2 (lobster, prawns and 1 fish filleted) was US$170. !!!!!. Give it a miss - you're not missing anything here.

After the initial schock about the state of the room wore off, we agreed we had chosen a good place to stay. We visited a few other hotels and pool hopped . The Westin isn't worth the money in our opinion - at least not for a Family room. The hard rock in Kuta was ok, but very concretey, if you know what i mean. We were pleased we had chosen the ASTON and we definitlely would return.

Taxi Fare

by Ahyi_72

Hi my hushand and i will be going to Bali in 18 March. I would like to find out how much is the taxi fare from airport to our hotel, Aston Bali Resort & Spa
JL. Pratama No. 68X, Tanjung Benoa
Nusa Dua 80363
Are we paying in US currency? Thanks

Re: Taxi Fare

by explore_discover

From Airport to Nusa Dua Rp. 95,000.- up to Rp.110,000.-
Pay in Indonesian Rupiyah US$1 = IDR9200.00 Aprx

Ngurah Rai Airport Taxi is the only company which has the monopoly to bring tourists out of the airport

The rates are fixed and there is no surcharge for a midnight transfer as the drivers have a different working shift. Turn right after the exit door from the International Arrival Building yo will find the booking counter.

Re: Taxi Fare

by BesarRahasia

Ask the hotel because they have an airport pick up service, not sure what the charge will be, but if there are others arriving at the same time then it could work out cheaper.

Don't pay taxi in US Dollars as you will get a terrible exchange rate, make sure you have enough rupiah before you get here, which is easy enough to get in Singapore.

Have a great time in Bali, the Aston is a really nice place to stay

Comments