Jl Kartika Plaza, Box 2047, Tuban, Bali, 80361, Indonesia

Costs 25% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Bali Dynasty Resort

by Pierre_Rouss about Bali Dynasty Resort

Managed by Shangri-la International
I managed to get this in some sort of package for Sing$60 a night The room are nice, great pool, the Resort sidewalk edges the beach

Bali Dynasty not 4/5 star

by TripAdvisor Member stevedeb44

Stayed at the Dynasty for 2 weeks in June. We all found this resort to be over rated. The only 4/5 star thing about this resort is the price and the breakfast. We found the resort only spends money on the
revenue side of the resort, the bars and eating areas, I must say the
gardeners do do a fantastic job of the grounds the exterior of the resort is impressive. Our rooms were very dated, walls scuffed and dirty, water damage ceilings. We occupied 3 rooms at the resort and all of us had trouble with the in room safes, 1 room the safe would not open at all, the 2nd and 3rd safes would open and then not lock.
One of the rooms outside balcony door would not lock unless you slammed it so hard you made the place shake. The general maintenance of the resort is a big disappointment. We have stayed in 3 star accommodation before which is the same standard and a lot cheaper. We
all love Bali and will continue to go there, but no back to Dynasty.

loved this hotel

by TripAdvisor Member iluvbali

Just spent 7 nights at the Bali Dynasty with 1 child (17) When we got there we updated from a superior room to a room at the pool this was an excellent choice. As others have stated the breakfast is fantastic with something for everyone. Having a child with me I found the guest activities that take place everyday a great way for her and me to meet others. The activities change every day with the one stable being the water volley ball......great fun. The staff are all very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Overall a great place to stay if you are travelling alone or with children.

Great Resort for Families

by TripAdvisor Member 2006Aussie

After extensive research into properties in Bali suitable for families we decided on the Bali Dynasty Resort. It was the right decision as the property was fantastic, very well maintained and the staff were very friendly and helpful at every encounter.

The rooms were very clean, reasonably big, comfortable and had everything we needed. The deluxe rooms are great as they are on the ground floor overlooking the garden which is very nice. I inspected the suites and they were very nice if you are considering them.

All the hotel eating facilities were very good and reasonably priced. The buffet breakfast had everything you could possibily want and more.

The kids club facilities were great and the kids were well supervised. I investigated whilst in Bali other resorts kids clubs (Discovery Kartika Plaza & Kuta Paradiso) and they were not as big and didn't seem to have the options that Dynasty offered.

The pools were a good size and well maintained, they also offer a kids pool which is great as it has a shade cover protecting the little ones from the sun.

The resort is not on the beach and you have to walk a short way down a path to the beach and it is not the prettiest part of Kuta beach. If you want to eat outside the resort there is not many restuarants in close proximity. The Green Garden restuarant is close and good for families.

Overall it is a good property for family holidays and it is well maintained.

Good Choice

by TripAdvisor Member allynz

My fiance and I just returned from 5 lovely days at the Bali Dynasty. We booked lastminute and were very pleased with our hotel especially as it was the cheapest option we had and we didn't do any research into it. If we went again we would probably upgrade to a room with a view of the pool as my only complaint would be that it was a bit noisy at night where we were and there was no outlook but the room was still nice. Lots of famililes and very much geared to Australians (like the rest of Bali) the Dynasty did a good job of offering space for adults only and heaps of entertainment for the kids including a great waterslide and a dedicated kids pool in addition to the nice big pool. The hotel has 4 restaurants including a great Irish Pub so we didn't eat out in the evenings at all but the location is good - just a few minutes walk from the restaurants of Kuta yet far enough away not to be overwhelming plus really close to the Discovery Mall and the Waterbom Park. Also it is not on the beach - I thought this would be a big negative but actually the beach wasn't one you would want to sit on and the water wasn't that inviting plus on the beach you are immediately approached by hawkers. However it really is just a few steps from the beach - much closer than it looked on the map so you can step out an watch the sunset or enjoy the bar of the Hotel Santika next door which is right on the edge of the beach. I would recommend the Bali Dynasty if asked but it probably isn't a place I would rave about voluntarily - no reason in particular - it was good and I think good value for money but not outstanding enough for me to rave.

Terrific family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member andreaPerth

We just spent two weeks at the Bali Dynasty Resort in Tuban. This is a fantastic hotel for kids, they were entertained in the kids club, had fun on the water slide and made lots of new friends.
Breakfast was excellent and every morning the girls fed the fish in the pond while we finished our coffee.
Gracie Kellys served great pub style food and had a welcoming friendly atmosphere for the whole family. Lunches around the pool were always nice.
We stayed in an Executive Suite which was well worth the extra $. It meant we had a table to sit at to eat lunch or dinner, a great outlook over the pool area, and we could retire to our own bedroom as the girls slept comfortably on the sofa beds in the living area. The sofa beds are made up each evening at around 6pm so you have full use of the lounges during the day.
The hotel has girls around the pool who will braid hair, massage feet and paint nails for a small fee.
Overall this was a great hotel, getting a little rundown in some areas but still has lovely gardens and a lovely friendly feel to it.
We will be back next year!

Could be great.

by TripAdvisor Member Rjoc

I spent a week at the Bali Dynasty Resort with my wife and daughter at the beginning of July. It is ideally located to explore Kuta and close to the airport.

We had reserved a family garden view room and when we arrived we found the room had a stale, musty smell and the 'garden view' as it was described was somewhat exagerated. More of a wall view. After complaining to reception I found out that there were no family rooms that were non smoking but we were accomodated in premium room without any fuss. The family room to be fair was a decent size with plenty of bedding but the premium room was very spacious and could be divided into two seperate rooms via a sliding door allowing my daughter to enjoy her own tv as the room had two of them. It also had air conditioning, safe, hair dryer and a handy mosquito plug in.

I was dissapointed with the bathrooms in both accomodations. While the rooms were cleaned daily it was clear that the taps and bath tubs had been neglected. The shower heads and hoses also leaked.

The breakfast was excellent. Every taste was catered for and I would advise that you try to have breakfast included when making your reservastion. The hotel offer discounted breakfast coupons, ie 10 for the price of 7.

The pool area was very clean with plenty of sunbeds and a free towel service which was a nice surprise. You can also bring the towels with you on day trips. The main pool had a swim up bar, a smaller pool off it and a kiddies pool. The was also a larger seperate kids pool with a great waterslide and was covered to protect the kids from the sun. The Lazy pool (where kids are not allowed) had beds slightly sunken in water and were very relaxing. However, the ladies offering foot massages, etc can become tiresome. Also, the exit to the beach is not as bad as other posters had said. Just be prepared to offered everything from massages to Rolexs.

The Gracie Kellys Irish bar is a good place to have a drink and has regular entertainment in the evenings. The food is also quite nice. Having said that, in general, it is a lot cheaper to eat and drink outside the hotel.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Bali Dynasty. Despite a dodgy start, I found the staff to be always friendly and curteous and the facilities more than made up for the incident with the room. If this hotel paid more attention to the finer details it would be absolutely perfect. Would I return? If I got a deal at the right price I would but with such a large selection of hotels to choose from, I would probably try somewhere else if I return to Bali.

Great if u hav ur noisy bunch with u

by TripAdvisor Member nilufersyed

I stayed witht he bali dynasty for a period of 2nites 3 days...a nice comfy hotel to stay in, clean beds, quiet surroundings that is till the time ur doorz closed....once ur out of ur room n u expect to be takin a peaceful walk in the resort....nope dat wont happen....u will be trippin over tiny tots with every 5 steps...lotsa kids n lotsa families in the lobby, lots more in the pool which is an average sized one with a swim up bar in it and can get a bit crowded if 2 familes deciede to decend into the waters all at once...Its a great place for families with kids....they hav a separate kiddie pool, a big splash wich i wanted to climb onto but wasnt allowed coz it was only fer kids.. and the best part is its right opposite water bom park...make a splash dere n jus walk across drippin wet. Many activities to do thruout the day well advertised on tv..a ice storage on each floor dosnt make u ring the roomservice as many times..helpful staff at the concierge and reception and breakfast was decent enuf. The one biggggg drawback though was that the resort did not hav direct access to the beautiful kuta beach right behind it....wat a waste....to access the beach u hav to walk down the road till u reach karthika plaza n den cross over to the beach.

loved it, was our wedding aniversary

by TripAdvisor Member wify

we stayed here in june 2006 for 3 weeks. We were made most welcome by all staff, and visitors. Found the hotel amenities to be of a high standard and enjoyable entertainment by the animation team. Food inside & outside was of a good standard. Going for our silver aniversary this year.

great family hotel

by TripAdvisor Member musttravelwithkids

We stayed at the "dynasty' with 2 adults and 2 children aged 4 and 5 years. This is a great hotel for families, 'kids clubs' is good, but our 5 year old did wander out, and lickily we were at the large pool and she found us, but as you can imajine we were upset. They did come looking for her about 15mins later and were very sorry. They do have the sign in sign out system and the 2 door system, but the door locks are brocken!? The kids culb is run by Helen and she is lovely, it does need a liitle attention though, not may toys or activities to keep the children amused for long periods, i found it was great to utilise every 2 to 3 days to have 2 or 3 hrs break and for the kids to interact for this time, after that they wanted to leave, which for us worked well.
The pool area is big, with enough pool lounges for all, and pools for everyone,kids pool has a great slide -big hit! there is activities in the arvo, --"go the BINGO!"
The pool service is also good, lunches around the pool yummy, and kids enjoyed the food, but typical 'chips and nuggets' no salads or sandwiches. Irish Pub is great, and the "theme' dinners in the hotel are worth it. Brekky is fantastic. Definatley think about having this include in your packaged, as there is not a lot of choice close out on the street.
Security is very efficient, with checks on everyone and vehicles coming into the hotel.
We stayed in the 'kids suite', this worked for us they are spacious and have an outside balcony, the kids room is good for kids space, but is small,so no play space on floor.
All in all I would rate this hotel a great 3 star, if you are expecting a 4 star, then you may be dissapointed as it is getting a little tired. Position is good, a fair bit quieter than Kuta, but we have stayed in this area 3 times before and I would rather stay in the Legian area, alot more small eateries and the beaches are great with the local feel,
if you are looking for a family (very) friendly hotel that you can almost cocoon in, than this is well worth a look.
A mention to a few reviews prior about the sometimes roudyness and the pool bar.
There is a pool bar, so that will always tell me that people will be sitting there and mabey have one too may hol'cheer!. Therefore this pool bar is like every other one I have seen. Yes people are drinking at it.The whole time I was there it did not get to roudy, if anything a little bit a light entertainment. At happy hour the music might get a bit loud if you are closer but just move. And yes alot of Aussies, but it is a family hotel. We never heard other children or adults through our room and around the pool was the same.

Taxis

by JAMES1981

Hi There

My girlfriend and I are going to Bali in Oct and have no transfers booked yet can you let me know how much approx a taxi will cost from the airport in british pounds to get to the Bali Dynasty hotel the address is -
Jl. Kartika, P.O. Box 2047, Tuban 80361 South Kuta, Bali-Indonesia
Also what is the best way to go about getting a taxi when coming out the airport?

I will staying there for 2 days then we are going to the Dreamland Villas the address is - JL.Raya Uluwatu Gang Kahuripan No.69 Br.Bakung Sari Ungasan-Kuta-Bali-Indonesia I think its about 12klm away is it best to just get a taxi here ?

Many Thanks in Advance

James

by PL&L

Fixed rate taxis are provided at the airport. As you exit the building there will be signs for the taxi counter where you pre-pay for your ride.

The fare to Kuta is about IDR 50,000 (less than 4 pounds) if fares have not increased this year.

Do your currency conversions here: http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter/?u#from=IDR;to=GBP;amt=50000

For short trips in the South use taxis (only use taxis with meters) which are plentiful and inexpensive. For touring about, hire a reputable driver for the day.

by JAMES1981

Hi There

Thanks for the information. Very useful to know.
Will stick to meter taxis only.

Thanks Again

James

by sutrin

yes you do well, and choose Bluebird company. those are the more honest drivers.

Comments