Po. Box. 121 Amlapura, Amed Karangasem,, Indonesia
Expedia.com Agoda.com Hotels.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Bali

Another plenty of items on sale in BaliAnother plenty of items on sale in Bali

Help in Bali

by JEKIE2

Hi!!

My cousin will be visiting Bali next week and although I've been there in 2004 I've sort of forgotten directions to certain places of interest. She will be staying at the Conrad hotel and was wondering if you can give tips on shopping. She's interested in getting Billabong stuff and I remember there was an outlet that had surf stuff and particulary Billabong labels. Also, what would be the closest market for local handicrafts she can go to? Any inputs will be greatly appreciated. Last question, any recommendations on hiring a car the whole day to take her around? THANKS!!!

by stedeb

I am not sure were the Conrad is Seminyak or Nua Dua?? I usually stay in Tuban but shop along Legian Rd there are plenty of surf shops to choose from prices are set genuine article and lots of choice. The new Discovery Plaze across from Waterbom Park is a nice cool place to shop plenty of good shops and several surf shops. I would not suggest driving but hiring a car and driver check out my webpages I have just posted a driver who my friend has been using for 10 years and I met in May. Alternately check out a brochure from the hotels find a driver in the street away from the hotel and negotiate a price. Do not use hotel drivers they will think your cousin is very rich staying at the Contrad. The market in Ubud would be a good place to start especailly as she will hire a driver for the day. Also a large market along Jalan Padma?? I am sure other people will know what I am talking about and advise.

by imran8852

I've been in Bali just recently and I aggree with "steded" who replied to you earlier...It is much safer to hire a car with driver to drive your cousin around Bali . I don't know much about Billabong stuff but if she wanted to buy local handicrats,she could also try Sukawati market other than Ubud.If you're interested in Bali's driver,check Dewa Marco in my travel pages.

by Idihbelait

I think Conrad hotel is at Tanjong Benoa. I totally agree on the previous suggestion on hiring a car with a driver. Where she stay, it probably take her an hour to go to Ubud and Sukawati markets. Check on my site for suggestion on driver. I am not quite sure which Billabong store you meant, but when we passed by Kuta recently, there were afew shops selling surfing stuffs. Another one she might try is Centro. Apparently this is the largest shopping complex in Bali.

RE: RE: Help in Bali

by JEKIE2

Thanks guys!! I also agree on the car hire, that's what we did and we covered more ground, was able to go to Ubud,the textile shop, that billabong outlet that escapes me and dinner at Jimbara in 1 day.

Thanks for all ur suggestions.

RE: RE: Help in Bali

by BesarRahasia

The Bilabong store is on the By Pass from Kuta towatds Nusa Dua, you cant miss it it has a massive water feature statue outside of a surfer. About 1/2 way between Kuta and Nuda Dua (Tanjung Benoa which is where the Conrad is)They also have another in Kuta centre. A car with driver is running at around 350,00 rupiah - 400,000 rupiah per day, which should include all fuel . Please tell your sister to make sure that either the driver provides cold water as part of the package or that your cousin takes plenty of water with her in the car.
1/ it can get quite hot in a car, especially one without A/C
2/ in case the car gets stuck, somewhere which is not close to shops etc.

Hope she has a great time in Bali

PS some companies in Bali now offer women drivers for women travellers if they would feel safer. Or include a woman as guide/accompany with male.

Comments