Nusa Dua Beach, Nusa Dua, Bali, Indonesia

Travelocity Booking.com Expedia.com

Value Score Great Value!

Costs 48% less than similarly rated 5 star hotels

• Our Honeymoon ruined!

My husband and I were on our honeymoon at this resort and were treated so poorly by the staff that we were forced to cut our stay in half and switch hotels. The unsecure feeling we had at the Grand Hyatt Bali was embarrassing. We were booked through October 1st and moved due to the lack of security we felt at this hotel. The rudeness and unprofessional nature of the management at this facility is completely unacceptable. I have NEVER left a hotel before and was completely outraged at the lack of service we received.

• Sanurs best hotel

Having cut short our stay to Bali, in part ,as the Bali Hyatt is way past its sell by date, the staff did a wonderufll job i have to say , but the hotel would have issues with maintaining a 4 star standard , its just an old tired hotel and an old tired resort

December is rainy season, and in our case it rained non stop for 4 days , the rainy season im told is from Oct to April , our original rooms were on the ground floor and were dark ,damp and dingy, our kids room had a dehumidifer in the room, plus we had worms coming in , wish i had taken a picture but the staff cleaned them before i made my video , on complaining we were were moved to the regency floor, and was better, but my advice if you need real quiet time , such as honeymooners go there , otherwise go to Kuta....or Nusa Dua...maybe we were spolit having been to the Sheraton Laguna Nusa Dua in the summer which is dry season and a wonderfull hotel .....

And i was hassled at immigration to pay money, to get my passport stamped, at security check to the departure gate ,they are really tight on fluids, nothing over 100 mls... be carefull sober and well mannered....

Unique Quality: The hotel is right on the beach,the gardens are pretty nice , if you want to spend some time at an old expensive hotel, this is ok, breakfast was a pretty good spread and the highlight of our stay,,other than that the hotel is very expensive and boring , there are bars and restaurnats ,within 10 mins walking which are still quiet but have more life, and 1/2 the price for a beer.

• baligogirl's Profile Photo

WORTH THE MONEY AND YOU'LL GET SOME HONEY!

I last stayed in Bali at the Hyatt in Sanur. Sanur is considered the "Beverly Hills" of Bali. It's quiet, relaxing and just great people. This hotel is very nice. We got the room that was $110 a night. You got a queen bed, a balcony over the garden (I think we got Garden View...duh). The room wasn't overly huge nor was it small. Staff there is wonderful and sweet. They aimed to please no matter the time. Breakfast they offer down at one of the restaurants. Buffet style. Food quality is A-. Real good, but they could even go better with just a bit more effort. Rooms are clean, hotel is clean. Great spa available, but the price is crazy for the area. For Americans, I'd say it was cheap, but only we found out later that if we went down the street, we would've saved $100!!! Hyatt offers a great massage for two for around $100+, but if you go down the street near the grocery store in Sanur, same side as the Hyatt on the road, that place will give you the same massage for $15! We are talking body exfoliant rub and massage for over an hour... at the cheaper place we also recieved manicures and pedicures. So cheap.... I definitely recommend the Hyatt for your stay. It's right on the beach too. They have great pools, atmospher, the works.

Unique Quality: You will love the cold dip pool after a swim in the lagoon... Just look at the photos to catch a feel. I loved it. They have this great walking trail that snakes around the hotel grounds. They're right on the beach. From the beach, turn left or right and you can go down the some little touristy knick knack places with hawkers that sell everything. You can handle the hawkers easily though. What's great about the hotel, is that besides the pools and restaurants, is the view and scenery. You have lush tropical flowering plants and live fish swimming in the ponds. The back ground, the hotel plays Balinese music. It just feels tranquil. At night you can enjoy the bars they have there or take a short walk into town to enjoy the mom and pop restaurants and stores. Look at the photos and you can see the musicians that will greet you on arrival if your there during the day.

More about Grand Hyatt Bali

RESORT

by christabal about GRAND HYATT BALI

This is a beautiful tranquil property and spread over 40 acres. It is promoted as the crowd jewel of resorts in the Nusa Dua area and it certainly lives up to its claim. Check out the website and we have no quarrels with their claims and the photo quite authentic although the rooms might have aged a little since the photo shoot.

There are food and beverage outlets spread over the property and if that is not enough, a 5 minute walk would get you to the Bali Collection shopping center where you can shop and dine to your heart's content. Vast property with the beach just next to the Hotel. Less hustle and bustle of the Kuta beach area.

Luxurious resort in Nusa Dua

by Winnie_Lowe about Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua

There are many (at least 8 to 10 hotels) along the Nusa Dua beach but majority of them are really small, including big chain like Sheraton. Grand Hyatt is the biggest though I haven't been to Club Med there so I can't tell if it's better than Grand Hyatt.

Nusa Dua at the south end of Bali and is 15 minutes drive away from the airport and 1 hour drive from Ubud. This area has not much interesting thing to see so it's more like a lying-around swimming pool sort of holiday.

There is a big complex right outside the hotel where you can do your shopping and dining. There are 6 swimming pools and 2 jacuzzi. Nice pools - water channel with bridges and arches above you when you swim. Bali featured pool is my another favorite.

It's right next to the beach and the 'swimable' area is the biggest among all other hotels. (You are supposed to swim inside the boundary they put in the sea)

It's garden is nicely done up with flowers of different colors, unlike other hotels around which have mostly palm trees.

It has quite some fish ponds so it has attracted different sea birds sitting around the ponds and they are not frightened by the tourists. When I first arrived, I was sitting at the club's cafe next to a fish pond waiting for check-in. My son pointed at a sea gull 2 feet behind me and asked if the bird's real. The sea gull stood on the floor and was not moving at all. I thought, 'hotel of this grade shouldn't bother to put a model bird as decoration'. Just then my son shouted, 'it blinks!'

loved the grand hyatt

by TripAdvisor Member cmoncymru

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua Bali, after touring China and Hong Kong we needed a break, the Grand was brilliant, our advice is ----- upgrade to Grand Club, because you get free cocktails, beer or straight drinks from 5 - 7 each evening along with or'deurves, free breakfast in the grand club lounge and express service and checkout, they will even pack your suitcases for you, two of the waitresses in the grand club lounge are really special, names are Eka and Ayu...fabulous service off them.

Beautiful Hotel

The Grand Hyatt Nusa Dua is a fabulous hotel. Rooms are clean and spacious although some look a bit old. Garden facing rooms are cheaper but the ocean is just a few steps away. The service is excellent and the hotels bar and restraurants are awesome. We'd defenitely stay here again!

Pleased but not excited

by TripAdvisor Member jvdv

It is a big resort, a bit impersonal. The staff was friendly and efficient. Great pool(s), gardens and nice rooms (we stayed in a Grand Club room). The prices of the food and drinks are high. The hotel is under construction. They claim "Welcome to Paradïse" but fail to meet these high set expectations. We were a little bit disappointed with the service and quality level but consider it still an ok hotel.

Impressed with customer service and the gardens and pools

Very helpful staff and the grounds and gardens were stunning. Also, it's right next to the beach so if you really want to get away from it all, you can just stay at the hotel and lounge on the beach. I even saw a little monkey in a little temple in the gardens. My room was not the most stunning but clean and had an ocean view. I had one level up from a standard room. Would definitely recommend this place and come back here. (I stayed here April 2005)

5 Star Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member English

We booked into the Grand Club and were really pleased that we did because it turned out to be a 'hotel within a hotel' with it's own pool and club room. The room was perfect with a view of the sea from our bath. As per the previous review, the 5 - 7pm drinks and nibbles are great and you can have free tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day.

We had been warned of building work in progress and were pleased to find that it didn't affect us in the slightest. There were a few areas closed however the complex is so varied and large that an alternative would be available. There is a huge choice of swimming pools and a lovely beach to pick from during the day. Towels are provided throughout the complex and the gardens are a photographer's dream.

Wildlife is encouraged with herons feeding from the ponds, frogs calling and squirrels stealing the temple offerings (there are shrines in the gardens).

I was a little worried after reading some of the earlier reviews that the hotel wouldn't be up to scratch. In reality it was much, much better than my expectations and I would highly recommend it.

Grand Hyatt, Nusa Dua, BaliGrand Hyatt, Nusa Dua, Bali