Kamandalu Resort and Spa

Costs 57% more than similarly rated 4.5 star hotels

More about Kamandalu Resort and Spa

Great time at Kamandalu Resort

by TripAdvisor Member ScottsComments

Just returned from 6 nights at the Kamandalu Resort. We had a pool villa with complete privacy. The hotel is spread out in a series of villa complexes amongst beautiful, lush gardens. The buildings have a wonderful Balinese charm, with stonework reminiscent of the many temples in Bali. The resort is located about 5 mins by shuttle from Ubud or an easy 30 mins walk downhill. The staff are wonderful and so considerate and helpful, especially when I did need the services of a Dr for an earache. The food in the award winning restaurant is excellent as are the services/treatments provided in the spa. Highly recommended, would go back tomorrow. Ubud and the Kamandalu are wonderful places to visit. Only downside is there are a lot of stairs and this would be an issue for those physically impaired and not able to walk easily

Wonderful time stay at Kamandalu Resort

by TripAdvisor Member gunawansonya

I was stayed at Kamandalu on the last Jan.. Kamandalu is a wonderful place with a wonderful view.. I stayed at Kamandalu with my husband for honeymoon.. For the first time, my husband didn't want to stay at Kamandalu coz the price was so expensive.. but after we have arrived there, my husband said that the price was worthed.. n he was very happy n we have plan to stay there again n we want to ask our parents to go with us..
All the staff in Kamandalu were very kind n nice.. N our honeymoon dinner was set with wonderful.. n all the foods were very very delicious.. Not only foods at dinner, but all the foods when we were breakfast were very delicious..
Ok thanks..

Why stay anywhere else.

by TripAdvisor Member derfoofas

I took a group of 22 to Kamandalu in March and spent almost a year researching accommodation and checking Trip Advisor and there were very few reviews.
Based on brochures and the resorts Website we booked this hotel.
I can not begin to tell anyone who wants to read this how The Kamandalu Resort exceeded all of our expectations.
The Resort is a good half hour walk from the centre of Ubud or a RP50,000 by taxi if the free shuttle times do not suit.
The public facilities of the resort are outstanding, the grounds and view are stunning and the rooms unbelievably romantic and have every amenity you could wish for.
I have been a travel agent for over 25 years and can honestly say that the staff of The Kamandalu Resort are by far the best, kindest and most welcoming of any hotel I have ever stayed in. The Resort is a 4 star and priced accordingly but I can say without doubt the service and facilites exceed that of any 5 star property I have stayed in or inspected.
It is hard to please everyone but not one of the 22 people in our group could even dream up a complaint about this wonderful Resort. It was the first time for me to stay at the Kamandalu but I can guarantee it will not be my last.
Kamandalu Resort. 10 Star rating in my opionion.

Very Tired

by TripAdvisor Member MrParker001

Whilst we have been to Ubud many times, this is the first time that we have actually stayed there. The Kamandalu would have been a very impressive hotel in it's day but that day has certainly passed. The rooms are well appointed but very tired. The first room we given had some airconditioning problems so we were shifted to a better room and whilst we were upgraded the experience certainly soured our stay a little. On a brighter note, the staff where faultless, very friendly and expeptionally helpfull.

A little piece of heaven on earth.......

by TripAdvisor Member snot-rag

A little bit of heaven on earth.........
I had never heard of this place and our travel agent booked us. What a wonderful surprise!!!!!! This was the highlight of a great trip.
The place looks like nothing from the road or front driveway, but once in the lobby it's like entering another world. The staff were the nicest people we met, the service, food and setting just the best. It is very peaceful and quite, so if you are looking for a busy, noise filled time, don't go there. I was really looking forward to the beach part of our trip, but found myself wishing to be back at The Kamandalu Hotel.........

Good Food,Good Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member floflogirl

We just took a honeymoon package in Kamandalu. They gave us the newest villa 401. The villa is new and just in front of the club office. I think everything was great. The villa, the view, the private pool, and especially the food. The romantic dinner we had there was excellent. Everything so delicious. We order food from room service and also had dinner at the restaurant the next day.. All the food we ordered tasted great. The honeymoon cake is also fantastic; very chocolate rich :-) They set a romantic dinner in the garden and we had one waiter just for us. The surrounding, the setting everything is special. We will definetely come back there because so far the food is the best in Bali. For pool villa guests, they have a club where they served coffee and cakes and coctail for free.

Bliss

by TripAdvisor Member Janlynn51

Kamandalu is a peaceful resort set amongst the rice paddies outside Ubud. So quiet and heavenly sitting on our day bed looking out across the valley and admiring the sunset. At all times of the day there was virtual silence.

On our arrival we were greeted with frangipani leis and a drink and were personally shown to our room. The staff were very friendly, helpful and attentive.

The layout of the villas ensures they are private. Our special dinner beside the pool was memorable. Rose petals scattered on the ground and tea lights around our table. It made us feel like we were on our honeymoon even though we had our daughter with us. The pool area has lounges which sit in an area of shallow water, so when you are hot and not ready for a swim, you just dangle your legs over the side of your lounge to cool off.

We loved our outdoor shower and the private courtyards and the four poster bed with mosquito net sides. A special place to relax.

Nice place, very friendly & helpful staff

by TripAdvisor Member zags

Kamandalu was our first destination on our last vacation in Bali. We didn't think the place would turn out to exceed our expectations. Located in a lush tropical hills of Ubud with rice terraces and a valley, combined with very friendly and helpful staff, our experience there was a great one. Since we arrived till we left, the staff had been very nice and the service was personal. We also got a complimentary traditional massage at the Spa.

We stayed at a Garden Villa with an outdoor shower and stone stairs outside leading to our "Bale Bengong" where the day-bed was. Our view was not stunning because of all the roofs of other villas, but we got the valley breeze which was very soothing.

The marble bath in the villa, though, is too small, an adult especially a male adult cannot get in it.

The resort has a scheduled shuttle bus to central Ubud. But if you prefer renting a car of a motorbike, the staff can help you. There is also a spa with various treatments. The resort also has activities such as trekking, cycling, village visit, art sightseeing, Balinese dance lessons, cooking class, etc.

a destination for an unforgettable honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member mamalicious

I truly love the villa, the cozy bedroom, the private pool, the gazebo, the spa space inside my villa...I was lucky to get upgraded to the deluxe pool villa...the villa is more than beautiful, it is really amazing!

However, my feedback concerns on the food served for the breakfast, it served pork which actually cannot be eaten by the Muslims like myself and my husband. I will suggest that you serve foods that can be eaten by all people with all religions.
I would also prefer to have the broadband internet connection inside my room rather than having to go to the 'villa' to get the facilities (though we were given the privilege card for that, it is more convenient if we have it in our room).

Other than that, it was truly an excellent and amazing experience staying in Kamandalu.

My appreciation also goes to all the staff who had given me a really great surprise by celebrating my birthday and serving the mini birthday cake on the breakfast time. Thank you very much..it really made my birthday even more special and wonderful.

Please keep up the good works!

Best regards,

Maryam Khairunissa

Wonderful quiet hotel

by TripAdvisor Member vegiemite82

If your looking for peace and quite this is the place to go! The staff were fantastic and we had no major problems. food was very nice, especially if you want to try indonesian food.
Rooms were fantastic, nice and big with an outdoor shower which was just magic. The room was clean.
I would only recommend this hotel to those who want a quite relaxing stay..maybe honeymooners or older couples who dont like busy kuta. A 3 night stay is enough to explore everything (stay too long and you might run out of things to do).
Shuttle bus takes you into town to some nice restraunts.
Overall I have nothing bad to say..

Private lessonsPrivate lessons