Melia Benoa

Sol Beach House Benoa - Bali
Agoda.com Asiatravel.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Melia Benoa

great time at melia benoa

by TripAdvisor Member limetreeboy

just returned today from 16 nights at this hotel great
THESTAFF make this hotel what it is. all inclusive does have its critics but this hotel is as good as it gets . we loved it !!
a small critism would be lack of entertainment in evening but there is plenty in bali to occupy you.
so thanks again to MELIA BENOA BALI for a great holiday

Daughters wedding

by TripAdvisor Member RobinHoodNottingham

Hi

The Melia Benoa is a excellent hotel with the most wonderful staff our daughters wedding went like a dream even changing the day did not cause a problem. I could go on and on but all i need to say is its staff are all warm, welcoming,funny and always freindly and helpfull, they remember your names and what you drink what more do you need with a nice beach plenty of sun beds and parasols this small freindly hotel is a paradise.

FANTASTIC!!!!!!!

by TripAdvisor Member etm

We've just returned from the Melia Benoa after a fantastic two weeks of relaxation! I have never relaxed and enjoyed a holiday so much as this. The flight is a bit long but well worth it. The staff are great, cant do enough for you and after our first night we would walk into the bar or restaurant and the staff would know what we drank. Nada in the bar is lovely and so are the day entertainment staff - Sueta, they made my sons holiday. I was woried he's 11 and there were no other children but he had the best time ever. We met WAYAN on the beach outside the hotel who arranged a private taxi for the three of us for a full day for £30 - well worth it, he advised us where to go and just drove us there. The food was great, ok the room could have done with a lick of paint but realistically when your at a place as wonderful as Bali you really don't need to spend time in the room. The grounds at the hotel are spectacular and the gardeners do a fab job of maintaining them to such a high standard. All in all it was great and will definetely go back!!!!!!!

great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member happyh0lidaymakers

Just returned from 10nts at The Melia Benoa with my husband.
Great time to go as perfect hot weather and hotel very quiet so never had to worry about getting a lounger by the pool or beach and never had to worry about reserving a table in the restaurants.
3 restaurants to chose from 2 of which buffet and 1 Italian Al a carte. All great food, buffet did get bit repetitive at times although good quality and didnt get upset stomach once.
Staff all helpful, although did get somebody everyday going round the pool trying to get you to have a massage in the spa.
Spa prices very reasonable and would recommend.
There is local entertainment most evenings although we tended just to relax in the bar after our meal.
Lovely pool area although unless your in the pool none of the loungers tend to get much sun for a long time because of all the trees. Beach is a suntrap although was very windy.
Not the best beach ive ever been on and did get lots of seaweed. Plenty of watersports available from kayaks, windsurfing, paragliding, jet skiing, banana boats etc.

amazing hotel, perfect for any holiday/ honeymoon

by TripAdvisor Member lospil

we have just returned from bali for ten days for our honeymoon and have to say that the melia benoa hotel was a perfect choose. the staff ( dewa, chocolate and natalia ) made our holiday so much fun, everyone in bali and this hotel are so friendly they made our stay very special and we will definately be returning soon.
the hotel is very nice and although some parts need to be updated slightly, in whole the hotel is brilliant.
my husband and I are very picky eaters but found plenty of food to eat whilst at the hotel, of which was very good quality.
bali is a beautiful place to visit and you will never be bored as there is so much to see.
you do have to be careful with taxi drivers and get a price before you get in but they are all polite and very helpful.
we could not have asked for a better honeymoon and have already started saving for our next visit.
if you would like to go for a day trip then talk to wayan who can be found on the beach at the front of the hotel. he took us all around bali and told us lots of the history of the island. he is alot cheaper than booking through your tour operater and will take you to all the places you want to see.
you will find that on the beach there are alot of people trying to sell you clothes, jewellery etc and they will follow you but if you are not interested then you have to just tell them no and carry on walking. when we arrived we found these people and the people in the art market very hard to say no to but they will understand if you do not buy anything.
we recommend that if you are considering a holiday then you should try this hotel as you will not be dissappointed. we really enjoyed our honeymoon and cant wait to get back there.

Really Enjoyed Ourselves

by TripAdvisor Member desertdave

First of all, Thank you to Dewa the best barman we have ever had whilst on holiday, you made our evenings great fun, we even missed you when you were not working. Hope you received the photo's.

We had a fantastic time whilst at Melia Benoa and the Staff wanted to ensure that you had a great stay and could not do enough for you.

We only stayed in a standard room which was good enough for us as we only sleep there and spend most of our time out of it. It was roomy and had a nice balcony overlooking the gardens and the sea (recommend that you ask for this view).
The bathroom was large and the water was always hot.
We did look into the superior rooms and they were fantastic.

The gardens were very well kept and a pleasure to look around. We've never seen so many large fish in a pond.

The pool was large enough and the pool bar was pleasant with the added bonus of not having hundreds of wasps flying around your drink. Towels and beds are provided, and there are even books to read if you forget yours or you are saving space.

The beach was o.k, but not fantastic as it was not really a private beach and the coral was not kind to unprotected feet. But we are pool people so this was not a problem to us.

The food was lovely and plentiful and the waiters and waitresses were very attentive. One point to remember is that you do not have to have a buffet lunch every day as the top restaurant does serve food from the menu at lunchtime too.

The entertainment was enjoyable, but dont expect to be able to take part, except for the last holiday dance at the end of the show.

Overall a very enjoyable holiday recommended for couples who want a rest, good food and good company.

fantastic holiday

by TripAdvisor Member JennieB58

We normally go to the carribbean/mexico but for our 20th wedding anniversary we decided to go east and picked the Melia Benoa based on other reviews, price and location. It was fantastic!!! Check in was phenomonaly easy, seated in the reception area being serenaded by the welcome girls. We were then taken to a lovely room with fab sea views (just seen through the trees) and a view of the pool. The food was ok, although the a la carte was very very good, but we discovered a great restaurant just down the road who (get this!) will send a car for you if you get the hotel to book. Its called Bombu Bali and well worth a visit!

Although we went all inclusive, it would have been cheaper to have it on B & B breakfast, because a two course meal in Nusa Dua with beer was about £9 for the two of us. That said, not having to worry about money in the hotel was great, and Martini, the waitress/barmaid in the lobby bar was wonderful. Once we'd ordered our drinks the 1st time, we never had to ask again and she remembered what we were drinking, getting it ready every evening as we came into the bar.

We booked tours through the Thomas Cook rep, who pushed for us to pay extra for private escorts - don't pay this, as 9 times out of 10 you get a car and a driver to yourself anyway. We tipped quite well the first time and subsequently got the same pair every time. The temples are fabulous and we saw a balinese funeral which was very interesting. If you do nothing else go to Tanah Lot at sunset - indescribably beautiful and go see the giant bats!

The staff were simply the best I've ever encountered and so helpful its amazing. The guests are mixed, mainly europeans, but there were a few aussies and indians there as well.

When we went into Kuta, the shopkeepers were so grateful to see us and were persistent without being too pushy. We went a few months after the latest bombings, and one shop we went into to buy a few souvenirs, couldn't make change as she hadn't sold anything in days. The change was only about a £1 equivalent but she wouldn't accept just keeping it, we had to take goods to make up the value, they are so proud.

Will defo being going back there are some point, and I heartily recommend this to anyone wanting a peaceful and relaxing holiday with plenty of sun.

Fabulous,very enjoyable holiday

by TripAdvisor Member solitaire1

Well we arrived on my birthday on 27th April. Wonderful welcome by Suweda our guide from Virgin holidays but in Bali is conected to Asian Trails.( He also works privately aswell)He greeted us in arrivals and took us personally with his driver to the hotel. He is a very knowledgeable guide with 20 yrs experience so if you need one he is wiliing to be contacted (I have his details if you would like them).He will stay with you for as long as you need him even getting the best restaurant tables and ordering your first drinks.

Wonderful welcome in the lobby with welcome drink. Padma the recptionist showed us personally to our executive suite number 8227. Lovely spacious room.This was an upgrade that was subject to availabiliity but I e mailed the hotel in advance and the suite was confirmed. I would happily book this room again as the location was great.

The whole property to us was fantastic, we have been to the carribbean and to Sandals resorts but this is totally different, there is an aura of calm and the scent of insence is everywhere. Offerings are made at the temple each and every day and likewise around the entire island.Every family and property has a temple and we took offerings on our last day of the holiday with incense...it was very calming and I have come home totally refreshed.

If you are booked in to a deluxe room ask for one as far from the lobby as possible as there are rooms that are adjacent to it and the El Patio restaurant which you can hear the resident band in the evening.Also if you step on to your balcony in one of these rooms you will come face to face with diners in El Patio and you will also hear the outside fans in motion.

The grounds are immaculate with a wonderful fish pond, I cannot fault a thing.

The beach although not the prettiest I have been to is very spacious, the sand is a bit shell like in places but not all over but I like that under foot. The beach is tidal so early morning the tide will be out and perfect for swimming around 8 am.The water is warm and protected by a reef so no big waves.To the left looking out to the beach there is a bay opposite the next door hotel which I liked as it is like a mil pond. Tide goes out about 5 pm ish and it is good to then walk out (take some beach shoes for this). I got to really love the beach as when it gets to near the end of the day you can explore the reef or just potter along discovering things.

The staff are all so lovely,courteous and so happy to see tourists, each and every one of them are a credit to the hotel. They are happy in what they do and there is no way they would expect tips as so often the case in the caribbean.

Night life is the resident band or the shows in the theatre which are not each night but wirth seeing as they are very proffesional.The theatre is air conditioned with nice covered chairs...a pleasant evening although each show only lasts half an hour.

The spa is at the entrace to the hotel which you enter over stepping stones over water......it is very Balinese and very relaxing. The honey seed scrub is great but I wish I had a long massage aswell. Massage can be done in the spa or outside.

There are nice shops in the hallways of the hotel and a fantastic tailor I had a dress made in 24 hours for my last evening, custom made to fit and fantastic. Can also get mens suits,jackets,shirts etc. I love the dress so much I asked for another colour and they ship it to wherever you live. Silk dress cost £45 GBP...$90 US ..bargain and so well made.

Went on trip for a whole day (Ask for the Volcano trail) with our guide and covered all that we had to see. Some of these things are half day trips elsewhere but there is no reason why You can't do it all in a day. $40 Us per person.

First visit a temple at Batubulan Village with balinese dancing called the Barong dance then Celuk village for (Silver/gold ( not so keen), wood carving at Kemenuh village at the Dewa family business (great but if they give you a price go half that as thats what i did and got the goods I wanted).

Batur volcano for lunch , looking over Lake Batur, this is an incredible view....get a table outside on the terrace it is magical, monkey forest ( only need short time but worth seeing, we were there about half hour as once youv'e seen a few monkeys do you really need to keep looking?, plantation at Seribatu run by a family ( really liked this place as run again by a family and our guide showed us everything.Cocoa trees, lady roasting the coffee beans...smell is fantastic and you can try the coffee and chocolate for free.Herbs/spices, little shop outdoors you can buy all they produce along with incense/oils etc. All the places do enjoy a bit of bartering as at the wood carving he actually told me I was a good barterer. If you do go with Suweda ask for the day he gave to Robert and Diane ,i am sure he will remember us.

WORD OF WARNING....on trips take some antibacterial hand gel as toilets not so good and toilet paper/tissues. Also plenty of water whilst in the car.

After lunch coming back down the other side we saw rice paddies and many shops along the roadside...you can get some wonderful photo opportunities ,you can ask to stop at any time.There is a wonderful view of the rice paddies on the way back at Tegalango not to be missed!

Went to Planet Hollywood in Kuta..about 20 mins away in taxi...there are taxis within the hotel barrier which I would suggest using. A word of warning is get a taxi with a light on the top as you would normally see. The government is strict with tourist taxi's and if you useda non registerd taxi and it was stopped roadside ( this happens randomly anywhere by road police) you will be told to get out and walk!
Adjacent to Planet Hollywood is the Duty Free shopping mall.

Food is good but all buffet and we did get fed up with it before the end of our 2 weeks.

There is a little shop across the road to buy water/sweets, sunscreen etc. Don't buy sun screen in the hotel as much cheaper in the shop. The security guard will help you across the road as it is a busy one.

Overall a great holiday at Melia Benoa, we would definately return as it is so friendly and a good position. There is a path beachside that you can walk all the way to every hotel in Nusa Dua and also the opposite direction but it does get hot so pick your timewell and take water.

There are daily activities if you want to partake and a childrens room but it is in my opinion not really for teenagers as they will be bored.....young children fine.

If you have booked or are planning to book this hotel I would have no hesitation in recommending it, it is I think the best in the area...we looked at some of the big ones in Nusa Dua and although lovely with lagoon style pools ets the Melia Benoa was special, It is personal and so welcoming ....we love it.

Any questions please ask, I have arouind 200 photo's and can only submit 10 so if you would like to see more please let me know and I will be happy to send them on.

fantastic

by TripAdvisor Member ticketsplease

we stayed at the Meliabenoa all inclusive nusa dua for ten days in June2007 . this was our 3rd visit to bali and compare this to kuta or sunur this place tops the lot the staff were great survice excellent june is the best time to go as the wheather is perfect and not so many tourist .There was everythig we needed right next to our hotel so we did'nt have to go to the busy place kuta . The food was very good,with 3 restaurants to chose from. I recomend a hoilday to bali for the place is great and the people are so friendly. Lover of bali. [--]

Loved it, want to go back!

by TripAdvisor Member VegasJetsetter77

This hotel was fantastic. We stayed in 'low season' and the hotel was
reasonably quiet but the staff were so attentive. The food and drink were delicious and this was the first hollday overseas where I have not experienced an upset stomach! We were originally booked into B and B but upgraded to AI for £25.00 per person per day.

The room was lovely and spacious. In the evenings it was quiet and we
tended to have a drink in the lobby bar after dinner and then an early night.

There is an art market next door to the hotel. The people who sell at
these stalls do want you to look BUT they are very persistent for a sale so unless you are patient, don't go down there!

The beach was nice, a little weedy when the tide was out but we stayed by the pool area which was shady. Swim up bar was a bonus. The
grounds were also immaculate!

We visited Kuta but experienced the pushy sales pitch again so headed
home. Great if you like this but we like to look in peace.

We had a lovely massage at the hotel spa £12.00 each for a hour massage, jacuzzi, sauna and foot massage but even then the spa receptionist was trying to sell us speedboat rides whilst we were having a cup of tea after our massage!!!

I would love to go back here simply to be in the hotel, the staff were wonderful especially Dewar, Martini, Norman. I nearly cryed when
I left!