Novotel Benoa Bali

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Novotel Benoa Bali

Overall pretty good

by rh0314 about Novotel Bali Benoa

We were originally assigned to one of the older rooms towards the very back of the resort, away from everything. It looked like it'd be ok -- all we really planned to do was sleep there anyways, right? But then, when we got to the room, it (and the whole block of rooms around it) was being remodeled! I thought for a minute we might have to help the guy paint or something ;-). So we walked all the way back up to the lobby and eventually after a bit of a wait, they found a room for us, and they upgraded us to one by the pool :).

Everything about the room was fantastic! Nice bed (I like a hard mattress), bathroom was really nice (there was even a bidet-like contraption in the toilet), and even a 32" LCD TV with plenty of chanels in English. The resort itself is very nice... There are two pools -- one on the non-beach side of the resort and another right up by the beach. The one away from the beach seems like it was more suited to people who like it quiet and the one near the beach was a lot more fun. There are plenty of lounge chairs provided on the beach for hotel guests and no shortage of bars (although drink prices are steep, as in any hotel). One thing we learned quick was that you can walk down the street a few meters from the hotel and buy beer in one of the many convenience stores... then store it in the mini bar and bring it out to the pool or beach as you please. I should mention, though, that they have happy hour from 5 to 8 PM. Two-for-one cocktails!

Overall, we had a great stay.... There was one small problem with the room that resulted in the door being removed for a couple of hours. This was actually quite an inconvenience for us as we had planned to go into town but didn't feel comfortable leaving the room with it having no door!! After a bit of cajoling, the manager agreed to "make us happy" with a couple of complimentary coctails, and the workers replaced the door relatively quickly.

I would recommend this place.... The area was nice, we felt safe, there are plenty of good restaurants nearby, and most (99%) of the staff was nice. Pretty run of the mill resort-type hotel.

KIds Friendly & Good Value For Money

by TripAdvisor Member Frankito

We stayed at Novotel Benoa Bali Resort 3rd-7th Feb. As family with 2 kids (6y+6m) - we were very much satisfied with our stay at beach cabana room (had enough for baby bed plus bed sofa and king size bed). Worth to mention is the kid s friendly pool area - good breakfeast offer - well equipped gym - the overall compact layout of the resort (embedded into a tropical garden) and finally the fantastic service mindset of staff. Only negative point we see is that the beach area is next to Benoa harbour - means you probably will see and hear jetski s and paraglider boat s all day long (or see it positive: open water fun is around the corner) Facit: Kids friendly & Good Value For Money

Absolutely Perfect!

by TripAdvisor Member dotie27

My partner and I stayed at the Novotel Benoa from 18th-28th February, right in the middle of wet season. After travelling at this time, I would have to say, i would never travel in dry season. The wet season brings less crowds, and a beautiful lush island. It only rained once in our entire 10day stay! The resort, where to start! It was perfect, one of the most beautiful resorts ive ever stayed in. We stayed in the standard room on the opposite side to the main pools and lobby however we had 2 of the 3 pools, one of them had the only swim up bar in the resort. Everything from the staff, to the pool and beach areas, the well manicured grounds, everything was well above standard and cant complain about a thing. Upon arrival we wanted to upgrade our room however once we saw our standard room, we were more then happy with it. It was perfect, perfect location over looking the pool, size, and decor was amazing, very traditional balinese. The room was spotless, extremely clean and beautiful. The spa treatments are amazing, we got between us about 9 treatments! The restaurants are great too, Cocos Restaurant on the beach was excellent. Dont listen to people who complain about the standard rooms being on opposite side, its not a problem at all, if anything, it is much better because its less crowded and very peaceful. The balinese atmosphere through out the entire resort was beautiful and tranquil, it is a stunning resort. We cant wait to return to Bali and stay with the fantastic staff at the Novotel Benoa Bali!

Combination of Ocean Resort, Temple and Forest

by TripAdvisor Member jfoote

My wife and I stayed at the Novotel Benoa for three nights. The room was booked through the Accor website at a City Breaks rate.

The open-air lobby is impressive with the thatched roof about five stories high. It is connected to the bar and restaurant that overlooks a stage, pool and ocean through the palm trees. The beach is large and sandy with a bar/grill plus recliners/umbrellas. The grounds feature a temple decor and the rooms are hidden in dense landscaping.

This is a full-service resort that can accommodate the needs of most guests. The internet connection is through two computers with time purchased at the lobby desk. A full breakfast buffet was included with the room. A dinner buffet is available, but a less costly option is the grill on the beach. The resort is well-maintained and adequately staffed by friendly employees.

The more expensive rooms are on the ocean side of a narrow road while the less expensive rooms are across the road together with a 50-meter pool and tennis court. Our room was large with a king-size bed, patio and a powerful air-conditioner.

My impression was that we had hit the jackpot on this resort with the combination of low price and luxury. Frommer’s positive recommendation was definitely confirmed.

4 great star hotel with a relaxed 5 star service

by TripAdvisor Member mkw61

I have returned from a 2 week stay in Bali & would like to let fellow travellers of my experience at this Hotel
I decided to take a dozen staff & spouses to Bali for a business trip & chill out session as we are also in Hospitality
We selected the Hotel because of its proximity to the Convention centre while still in a typical balinese fishing village
To my delight as Im a bit of a Hotel Snob it had the perfect mix
of 3.5 & 4 star for the staff whom asked for something smart but traditional right thru to the deluxe Villa with its own pool on the beach that accommodated my family
We had a private function put on for my staff as I had taken managers,chefs wait & barstaff they all apprieciated the level of detail provided by the Hotel
The Pizza s on the beach & the cocktails certainly got a work out from my team & they all left wanting to go back next year
It was the best accomodation I have stayed in for a relaxed getaway atmosphere for many years & the genuine smiles from all the staff that looked after all of us made a staff trip into a most memorable occasion
Great service so to Phillipe & his management team & staff thanks to all at the Novotel Benoa

good service

by TripAdvisor Member chrisy_zhuang

a lot of restaurants are around the hotel. the beach is nice. the service is very good. the staffs are very friendly and kind. the manager is very patient, gave us a lot of tips when we were in bali. we enjoy our bali holiday very much. thanks.

Incredible stay

by TripAdvisor Member Novotelbali

This is our 5th stay at the Novotel and I must say, our best.

This year we stayed in a 1 Bedroom Pool Villa. These rooms are brand new and are superb in every sense of the word. Your own Pool, Spa, outside entertaining area complete with surround sound system,daily fruit baskets and afternoon pastries delivered to the villa.
The staff as usual were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble.
Our thanks must go to Mr Philippe Le Bourhis, the General Manager of the resort who was always accessible on the odd occasion when something required his attention.
The breakfasts are something else. Such a huge array of tasty mouth watering food. Couldn't eat lunch, too full.
By the time we returned home to Australia we were totally refreshed. A perfect way to chill out.
Definetely recommended.

Best hotel I've stayed in

by TripAdvisor Member Yellowbelly51

Just returned from our 2nd visit to the Novtotel this year. We've tried both the beachside cabanas and a standard room and it's difficult to choose between them. The cabana is a bit more rustic with an outside stone bath, but the standard room had a lovely modern bathroom. I loved the Balinese features of the hotel - thatched rooves, lots of stone carvings, water features and gardens. A lovely peaceful location with friendly helpful staff. Eating at the beach bar is better than in the restaurant where it seems to be buffet style each night. I must admit the fact that it was Novtotel put me off a bit when booking as I've stayed in a few for business around the world and they tend to be a bit bland. But I couldn't have been more pleasantly suprised this time. The manager and his staff have really got this right - we will be back!

Wonderfull pool villa !!!

by TripAdvisor Member Fred1503

I stayed 2 nights in the pool villa (was only able to afford 2 nights as the rate is pretty expensive).

Wonderful and huge villa, private pool, very clean, very nice, everything was really impressive (flat TV with outdoor home theater, outdoor fridge / coffee / TV room), wonderfull bathroom with jacuzzi and rain shower, huge bed. Staff is really friendly and professionnal.

The location is very bad to visit Bali (far away from authentic places, far away from Ubud, very far from the north of the Island), so I would definitely recommend this place for the 2 first / 2 last nights in Bali in order to rest before going back home in a wonderfull and luxury place. Don't plan to visit the Island when staying there (at least 1h to get to the cultural center of the Island), but enjoy the private pool and walk around the beach for sunset...

Btw, the public hotel pools are really nice too, breakfast buffet is huge and good, didn't really like the dinner buffet, would advice to go to Bumbu Bali restaurant which is really close to the hotel, good and not too expensive (and btw they have a free pick up service from the hotel, no way to get there by feet as the road is really a nightmare for pedestrians).

Bali Revisited

by FreeSpirit_sg

"Bali Bali"

Bali is only a 2.15 hour flight away from Singapore, but it's taken me 17 years to re-visit it after the first time way back when I had first started backpacking.

And boy, has it changed! We only visited Ubud the last time on our Java-Bali trip... Ubud then was all verdant green with rice terraces you could see as you walked around the little place.

This time, i had to be taken by car to a little village (i forget the name) just to see the rice terraces, and that was a disappointment because it was all touristy with people coming up to sell you souvenirs and touristy little tea shops overlooking the terraces.

That said, Bali has retained its charms.

This time, I managed to see some of the sea as well. Tanjung Benoa was lovely - we stayed in the Novotel Benoa and I loved the place for its very nicely done landscaping and the nirwana pool in particular, which is quieter than the other pool nearer the beach. You can see birds up in the trees as you lounge in the pool.

We stayed at the Tunjung Mas bungalows, which is a little outside of Ubud city centre but convenient for the shops and restaurants near there. We noticed a number of Japanese eateries and quite a lot of Japanese women when we visited those eateries. One cake shop we visited was particularly good - part of the kitiang (? i'm sure i'm spelling this one wrong) bungalows just a couple of houses down from tunjung mas. We found one nice little Japanese restaurant in rice fields near the Bali Ratu(?) spa, on the way in to Lily House the other side of the road from Tunjung Mas in Padang Tegal.

5 days in Bali is really too short, even if you visit just two places, which was what we did. It's a great place for just chilling...

Despite it being so much more touristy, the Balinese are still a lovely people - gentle, smiling... we didn't encounter any touts who were aggressive. Even the taxi drivers who tout along the street are friendly and cool about not getting their fare.

So yes, Bali.. if only there weren't that many places in the world to visit!

Meanwhile, Mt Batur stays active and I will look out for when it erupts, unless the prayers of the Balinese manage to appease the god(s) within.

the goddess, nirwana pool, novotel benoathe goddess, nirwana pool, novotel benoa

Comments