Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel

Similarly priced and rated as other 4.5 star hotels

More about Novotel Nusa Dua Bali Hotel

Terrible staff!!

by TripAdvisor Member radjaff

I had a free certificate from a friend who is a member of Accor Privilege Card, and tried to use it in Novotel Nusadua. I have no problem booking through Accor hotline service, and reconfirmed the booking 4 days prior to our intended stay directly to the hotel. Again, the staff at Novotel Nusa Dua confirmed the booking and told me to show the certificate when I checked in.

We checked in on 11 November only to find that our certificate was rejected because the front desk staff said that the certificate is for Accor Privilege Card member only, and I have to show the copy of member card (I'm not a member so I don't have one!) although it is clearly stated in the certificate that it is fully transferable and it doesn't said anything about having to be a member to use the certificate.

I was very angry and dissapointed so I moved to Harris Resort - which is the best decision I ever made!!!

I would not recommend Novotel Nusa Dua at all, and if you have any of these certificate, be very careful before you check in.

Great stay

by TripAdvisor Member Papuacragrat

Thoroughly enjoyed stay at Novotel Nusa Dua although it rained 3 straight days over Christmas. Not a good time to enjoy the pool. My 8 yr old thoroughly enjoyed the Kids Club. The staff were good with the kids. A very international clientale.
Frustratingly the pool towels were always out when we did go to the pool - which is a great one for kids.
The one bedroom suite was fine for us - it took a while to explain to front desk folks on checkin that we did not want 2 single beds in the bedroom but one large bed and that we needed bedding for the couch for our daughter. Loved the spaciousness of the unit and decor.
Great to have TVs - one in the bedroom and one in the LR.
Being right at the south gate, we were able to walk out to find other eateries - less than half a dozen choices. Nothing fancy and definitely not like staying at Kuta. If you're looking for night life, this area is not for you!
Not being right on the beach wasn't a drawback. The Beach Club with 2.28 minute ride was quick and convenient.

Terrible Service

by TripAdvisor Member arsw1

I stayed in Novotel Nusa Dua during my Christmas vacation as well as to attend a wedding in Nusa Dua.

There are things that I think the hotel can definitely improve on in terms of customer service. A few examples on what they missed:
- Room service is a hit and miss. Sometimes they attend to you right away, but other times they just didn't do anything. One very particular thing, I am a local tourist - it seems they provide better service when I used English to request room service!
- The room cleaning is not very thorough - they missed things and some of the times they didn't furnish back all of the toiletries.
- The way they treat the customers in the restaurant is not very professional at times. Once I asked for coffee, after waiting about 10 minutes, I asked the same waiter again. He answered in a heightened tone and with a not very pleasant reply...

The hotel itself is nice since it is new. We stayed in one of their apartment units with our own pool. The unit is also quite well equipped with appliances that might come handy if you are staying for a longer term (e.g. stoves, fridges, etc.).

In terms of facilities, they have pool, children club, spa, and cafe, but no gym or nearby beach. Their private beach, which is real
nice, is a 2-minute shuttle ride or about 10 minutes walk.

All in all, I might have to find other place to stay if I were to go to Nusa Dua again..

Won't Return

by TripAdvisor Member Defenders

We stayed at Novotel Nusa Dua for three nights (Feb 7-10th). We had a two bedroom suite which was tastefully decorated with wood flooring and very modern bathrooms. The suite was comfortable and quiet. The hotel is small compared to other hotels in the area.

The hotel needs to do better with housekeeping. They don't clean well and I found more dust than I can take. For this type of hotel, I was surprised to find cheap towels. We were very disappointed with the breakfast buffet. Their coffee is terrible, and they need help making better eggs. Their food is not good so I wouldn't bother with room service. Service at Novotel pales compared to many places we stayed at in Bali. We were there during the Chinese New Year and the hotel was nearly full. Unfortunately, we had to endure many rude visitors who were demanding and did not know how to line up and wait their turn.

The Spa is okay. I'm used to really great spas so I wouldn't bother going back. It's too noisy and they provide no robes or sarongs before your treatment. I wouldn't recommend the two therapists treatment . While staying at the Novotel, I had a spa treatment at Mandara Spa at the Nikko and that was worth the taxi ride and the price difference.

Staff at the Kid's Club were nice and welcoming. We go to Bali once a year and we won't be staying at Novotel again. The beautiful rooms are simply not enough.

Overall a good stay.

by TripAdvisor Member cabincrew

Stayed for 3 nights in September 2007. Great brand new resort with 4.5* facilities - great pool, great rooms, great beach club and great value for money. Service was a bit slow... check in took nearly 30 minutes however staff do go out of their way to remeber who you are (this could have been the fact that I was one of only a few staying at the hotel at the time).

The hotel does cater to time-sharers and also conferences from the nearby Asia Pacific region which does make the hotel very quiet by day.

The hotel does have a shuttle to Kuta for 10,000 RP return, however it does stop at the Novotel Benoa Bali 20 minutes up the road and depending on the time of the day and traffic, it does take nearly an hour in each direction - a cab for maybe an extra 40,000 RP return would make the trip much quicker.

The ambience around the hotel is extremely quiet, enjoyed the pool completely to myself, did not see another person (except for the bar staff) at all for one day while lazing my the very large lagoon pool. If you prefer the beach, there is a very quiet but basic beach club a nice 10 minute walk through the golf course, or if you prefer a regular shuttle every 30 mins or so can run you back and forth - there is a bar that serves drinks only while you're there. The beach is very quiet and clean.

Room service and the on site restaurants are reasonably priced for Nusa Dua standards and also were very quiet, the newly updated Nusa Dua Collection shopping centre up the road (10-15 mins walk) does have a few very good value and good food restaurants, some will more than happy collect you if you phone ahead. There is also a great department store and well stocked supermarket at the complex to pick up supplies.

The rooms are very well decorated in traditional and modern furniture, the kitchen is huge as is the bathroom and lounge area. The shower of the bath is designed poorly, gaurenteed to flood your bathroom when you shower, however it does look nice. The bedroom is large with either a king bed or two singled (I lucked out as a single traveller with two beds - couldn't be changed apparently due to occupancy issues).

All in all 3.5* stars based on the few service/room/ambience/kuta shuttle issues, but I'm sure the resort will fine tune this out and become a great Nusa Dua resort. Seminyak is a much more lively and cultural part of Bali to stay... and to be honest better value for money. You could stay here and really be anywhere in the world at a nice beach destination.

Pictures are attached.

Not bad, not great

by TripAdvisor Member Graystea

We stayed at this hotel in mid November 2007, our first trip to Bali. Our main reason for choosing the Novotel was on recommendation from our travel agent, as we have 2 young children.

First impressions were good - the 2 bedroom apartment was big, complete with decent sized kitchen. The hotel has a great kids club and the pool is huge and has a nice tropical feel to it. I must also echo all the positive comments made about the staff by the other reviewers - they could not have been more helpful or polite. Overall we did enjoy our stay, and there really is nothing wrong with this hotel, however it just lacked a certain something, that polished edge that would make it deserving of its 4 star status. The main downside (though nothing can be done about it) is the distance from the beach. The hotel does everything it can to help in this regard (ie regular shuttles) and it's not a bad walk. The lifeguards at the each were also extremely helpful, including playing with the children in the sea, etc. However if you feel the sudden urge to wander down to the beach in the evening for a stroll or for the kids to play in the sand, it becomes a little impractical.

Other points: the rooms were not as clean as I was expecting for a new hotel. Superficially yes, but you didn't have to look hard to see where corners had been cut (eg bathroom floor in our case). Free wireless internet was great. The food was OK, sometimes good, sometimes not. Also on a couple of nights they seemed to run out of white wine. The hotel also seems to cater for a lot of corporate days for local businesses - no problem with that - however when we were there it did mean there were various team building games at the beach, complete with (very) loud speakers, music, etc that detracted from the experience a little.

All these points are relatively minor and as mentioned we did enjoy our stay, however next time I would spend a little (or even a lot) more to stay in a 5 star place on the beach.

Very good compromise

by TripAdvisor Member Richy27

We stayed 8 days in this very nice new hotel, with 2 kids and what a good surprise..
Appartments are so nice, with typical decoration and such a nice "ambiance". Kids club is well equipped, beach and swimming pools also.
Hotel staff are well trained and here for all your needs.
We will, for sure, stay again in this so relaxing place.

Good value but lacking amenities

by TripAdvisor Member leanne1812

Hello fellow tripadvisors,

Having recently returned from a 5 night stay at the Novotel here is my opinion of this resort.
Firstly 8 members of my family stayed here. 5 of us in a 3 bed unit and 3 in a 2 bed with private pool. The pool unit was fantastic and well worth the extra paid. There were no 3 bed available with pool when we booked and when we saw it we were even more disappointed. All in all for the price we paid, £23 pppn I can't complain about the accomodation.

On arrival at 2.45pm only the 2 bed unit was ready so we all made our way there and surveyed the unit. It was clean, spacious and of course the pool area was wonderful. After leaving our cases we went to the hotel restaurant for a snack. The menu was pretty good but unfortunately despite there only being 1 other table with 6 diners we waited about 30 minutes for our food to arrive and it was, at best, mediocre. Needless to say that was the last time we used the restaurant. We booked a room only package and thought we would check out the breakfast on offer before committing. My husband went over the next morning and said not to bother, at £9 a head it just wasn't worth it. There are plenty of little restaurants less than a 5 minute walk with an abundance of choice.

At the resort it just seemed to lack a holiday atmosphere, it was very quiet, probably due to the inflated prices. The beach was lovely and it was a very short shuttle ride which was frequent and you could have a drink or some lovely fresh fruit baskets which were very refreshing. Again it was quiet which was probably a good thing as i could imagine a shortage of loungers if it was busy.

My sister stayed at the Melia on her last visit to Bali and we did use their facilities one day. It was definately a much superior resort and what a difference it makes being right on the beach, this hotel was busy, had a very good lunch menu with prompt service and there was a good selection of watersports available on site. We also had dinner here one night, it was a spanish buffet with a fantastic selection including champagne with plentiful refills at £12 a head.

To conclude, the novotel accomodation itself was great but the facilities and proximity from the beach let the resort down. Next time i'll pay more and stay at a beach resort.

A lot of room for improvement

by TripAdvisor Member Priangan

The staffs were friendly, but they were inefficient. The French GM and the French chef tend to treat foreigners well, but they don't seem to value feedback from Indonesians.

Very, very disappointing when it comes to customer service.

Held a company meeting there. Strange that the left over refreshment were not allowed to be packed to be given away to the needy families who live near by the hotel instead of disposing them. Made a request to their HR Manager and the Dy GM about it, the next day they even tightened the rule.

Other hotels usually always ask if we want to pack the left over food from the buffet and refreshment that we order.

Great staffs (IMelda & Dewi) at the Kid's Club though.

Don't recommend to stay here if you are local

fabulous holiday

by TripAdvisor Member mecar

Stayed at the hotel in a two bedroom apartment with my son,daughter-in-law and their 10 month old son. We all had the best holiday, the staff were fantastic, friendly, helpful and a delight. No complaints at all, the apartment was well serviced, room service was very good, all in all, would and have recommended this hotel, we are keen to come back. Am planning to re visit Bali and will most definately stay at the Novotel in Nusa Dua on my next visit, hopefully will aim for the same apartment, ended up feeling like home. Great Place.

Comments