Jalan Danau Tamblingan 63, Sanur, Bali, 80228, Indonesia

Costs 31% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Puri Santrian

A quiet resort in Sanur

by tere1 about Puri Santrian

The Puri Santrian is a quiet 3* resort in Sanur. I stayed there for some days while in Bali. The hotel is nice , though its access to the beach is a bit out of hand and it was undergoing renovations on the pool by the time I was there.

It has nice gardens , with balinese sculptures, nice rooms, cottage style, and two nice restaurants, the Beach Club Bar and the Mezzanine. I advise you, if you can afford it, to book a Santrian Club room, larger and much nicer than the others. It also has two pools. It's a good value for money if you are considering staying in the Sanur area. Service is also very good and people there are very smily.

Peaceful, beautiful, friendly

by TripAdvisor Member Lique

Actually we had chosen another hotel in Sanur. Due to overbooking we "had to" stay at the Puri Santrian. A very beautiful, calm, relaxed place. Staff is very very friendly. Good location, directly at the beach. Nice spacious rooms. Situated in a more than fabulous garden. Direct access to the beach.
Have seen many hotels all over the world, but this one is something else. A fabulous place I can recommend to everyone.

I thought it was good value

by TripAdvisor Member emoliash

We have just returned from 10 days at the Puri Santrian. We stayed in the Santrian Club rooms, they were fantastic. Large and with a separate dressing room which enabled all our baggage to be placed out of sight. We were travelling with a 2 year old so this gave us more space in the room.

Also we were right near the santrian club pool which was beautiful and more sheltered then the other 2 pools. there was no problems obtaining a sunbed most of the times.

The service and the staff were both professional and friendly.

I have stayed a the Hyatt in Sanur as well and we enjoyed this hotel more, and would probably return.

The only disappointed was the buffet breakfast which really was a very 3 star hotel breakfast buffet. however the room you ate it in was lovely. The food at both their resturants was average.

perfect!!

by TripAdvisor Member hayley&steve

I originally booked to stay at another hotel in sanur but read some bad reviews and saw how many good reviews the puri had so decided to change it, in so glad i did.
The puri santrian is an wonderful hotel it is a small and friendly hotel.
It is a very traditional building with balinese furnishings unlike some of the other hotels which are more modern and impersonal.
All the rooms are spread out around the gardens of the hotel.
We stayed in a bungalow room which was very nice with a huge big double bed,tv en suite bathroom.
The gardens are sprayed twice a week to stop insects being in the gardens of the hotel and it works because i didnt see one cockroach!!!
The hotel staff are very friendly, and cant really do enough for you.
They have a very nice swimming pool with a swim up bar just try and get a sunbed early as some nationalities do like to hog sunbeds!!
There is a very nice place to eat on the beacfront with nice sofas which is part of the hotel,we eat lunch here as it was convenient when by the pool, but at night there are plenty of nice restaurants left and right of the hotel, try donalds restaurant just as you come out of the hotel on the right it is very cheap but very very good!!! Also the mezzannine reataurant is good that is right at the front of the hotel and belongs to the hotel serving thai food more expensive but has to be tried at least once as food is fantastic!
Overall the puri santrian is a fantastic hotel and deserves a higher star rating as its perfect.

What a great hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member louise612

Have just got back from a fantastic Honeymoon at the Puri Santrian. What a great hotel! We booked to stay in a bungalow which was very clean and spacious but a little dated. Some Bungalows have been refurbished and are beautiful, however ours was not quite what was desribed in the brochure but still good. On arrival, as promised we had our honeymoon flowers, fruit and a cake which said "happy birthday"! It's the thought that counts I suppose.
After four days we had a problem in our room which could not be rectified. As there were no more Bungalows available we were upgraded to the "Club Rooms". This room was fantastic! It had a dressing room, with safe. A good size bathroom with an excellent shower and a spacious bedroom with Four poster bed.
The hotel staff are amounst the friendliest people I have met, always saying "hello" in the morning. I even heard one women complaining about it!!
Breakfast is excellent. There is so much choice, to suit all tastes and nationalities, and a man who cooks eggs and ommlettes to order. If you ask one of the waiters they will also cook pancakes for you which are superb.
The pool and beach are very clean. I couldn't believe it when I saw someone sweeping the beach by hand, but he was there every day taking the seaweed away in little bags!
The area that the hotel is in is quite a quiet part of the resort with a few bars and restaurants. The best of which are the Mezzanine for good Thai and fish. Double Dutch is probably the busiest bar along the strip and has nightly entertainment.
If you turn right out of the hotel and walk for about five minutes you will find a wider selection of restaurants to suit all tastes.
Restaurants I would reccomend would be Mezzanine, The Village(a long walk or a short taxi ride away), Legong (good food, with traditional Balinese dancing) and Donalds (simple cheap food on your door step).
All in all a really great holiday, made better by a great hotel!

Fantastic!

My boyfriend and I stayed at Puri for a week and we thought it was absolutely lovely! Great beach-side location that isn't too busy, three wonderful pools, great service and an all-round winner. Their prices are very reasonable and it definately deserves more than the 2 or so stars it is listed as. Whilst around the area, we wandered around a number of 4 or 5 star hotels and Puri was undoubtedly better.

The food was good overall and not bad value for hotel food. There are however many places around the area, such as Stiff Chilli down the beach, that deliver good food at low prices. Alternatively I would recommend getting a taxi to Kuta and eating at one of the great places there.

The spa at Puri is also another highlight: great treatments and beautiful inside.

I would without hesitation recommend Puri to anyone...particularly those who wish for a relaxing holiday with no hassle and few children!

Great hotel

by TripAdvisor Member vals

Just returned yesterday from Puri Santrain & would recommend it. The staff were always smiling & had a greeting for you when you passed them at any time.
We had a Club Room which was well worth the additinal cost. It was large with a 4 poster bed with drapes, had a seperate dressing area & sitting area, & plenty of storage.
Everywhere was incredibly clean too.
Had 3 pool areas, with one just for the club rooms. Beach towels were also available so no need to carry your own & add to your luggage allowance!!
Dining room was a light & spacious. Afternoon tea was also included, but this may just be with the Club rooms. Thought prices for the restaurant were very reasonable, though obviously more expensive than outside the hotel. There was also a lovely restaurant connected to the hotel but open for anyone else too - again, priced more than the other restaurants but still very reasonable compared to home!
I Usually stay in 4/5star hotels but read all the reviews & decided that this looked good - it didn't disappoint & even though I am not the sort of person to go back to the same place twice when there is a whole world out there, I would certainlly recommend it to anyone visiting Bali.

A little piece of paradise

by TripAdvisor Member pjay72

We booked this hotel because of its location. Upon arrival we got upgraded to a bungalow room which was simply wonderful. Large comfortable bed and terrace situated in the tropical gardens. The pool and beach are great with plenty of places to relax and chill
We ate a few times in in the hotel but would strongly recommend eating on one of the beach restaurants, "Donalds" was our particular favourite (right along beach), great food right on the waters edge.
I would definatley return to Bali it is a beautiful place with beautiful people.

Great Stay,Great Value

by TripAdvisor Member abayoumy

This was our second stay at the Puri. Both times we stayed in the Santrian Club rooms. The staff are excellent. Extremely friendly. pleasant and accomodating. The breakfast buffet is very good but, in my opinion it needs to be expanded or changed daily. The rooms are spacoius but a little dark. The hotel is of Balinese style. The grounds are beautiful and very well cared for.
The pools were beautiful but I feel they could use more lounge chairs. If you don't get there early your options will be very limited.
The afternoon tea and cake was wonderful. We had lunch at the hotel and we also went to the dinner show on thursday night. The food was excellent. The dinner show is a must see. The hotel prices were reasonable. The spa is also a place to definetely visit.
Overall the hotel stay was great and it was a great value.

Fab location and fantastic staff.

by TripAdvisor Member pinkgizmo

I have just returned yesterday from 10 nights at this hotel.
Well where do i begin the good bits first:
All the staff are very friendly,polite and helpful.
The beach was immaculate and always clean,there was also a cafe type area with umbrellas overlooking the beach which was lovely.The swimming pool and garden area was always very tidy and felt like walking around your own private garden.
The location was perfect you could walk out the hotel and onto a street which had lots of restaraunts and bars and shops so you did not feel stranded which has happened to me before.
The Thursday night show was very good and the restaraunts and lunch prices were very reasonable.
The weather was great with a nice breeze ,and we found a restaraunt called Donalds across the road and slightly to the left which had fab food and was about £10 a night for us for 2 courses and drinks his restaraunt is by far the busiest every night and had a good choice of local,european and seafood also.
There is also a good restaraunt left out of the hotel which has a good live band every evening and does really good food too.
We went on a few trips which we enjoyed and went to the waterboom park in Kuta which was so clean and empty so that was a good day out for a change.
The only 2complaints I have are firstly the lack of sunbeds ,it was a nightmare certain nationalities were getting up at 7am every morning and picking all the best sunbeds either on the beach or under the umbrellas next to the pool,going for breakfast then about 9.30am lying on them all day.The pool will not open till 9am so they were reserving beds with sarongs ,books ect.
This drove me mental as we never got the really good beds with the sofas on the beach ,I considered camping out one night!!
But the waterpark in Kuta was a great option with pools and slides and good food ect and no bed reserving it cost £10 each.
The other moan was the rooms really need updating they are so dark you always needed a light on to see,especially the bathroom it really was dark ,we actuallt stayed in 3 different rooms throughout the holiday due to the arguing honeymoon couple next door we had to get moved the noise was horrendous,seemingly they had been moved 4times already as guests were complaining,but we got another room so it was fine te hotel were very accomadating .The other rooms were pretty similar no better really or worse,we stayed in a bungalow also it was nicer than the standad room but I personally didnt think it was worth the extra ££ the bedroom was nicer but the bathroom was even more outdated than the first room we had,but it did have a nice private patio so if it was £50 extra I would have paid it but they wanted £200!!If a club room had have been avalible I would have paid the extra for that.
All in all it was a fab hotel and you could walk along the beach to Donalds cafe for breakfast(he has 2 cafes,the hotel breakfast was okay but 4times the price of Donalds and not worth it really.
I would definitley stay here again and with my 2minor moans you dont send much time in your hotel room anyway but if the price was reasonable I would get a bungaow or a club room as this was the only thing that let the hotel down.

our cottage at Puri Santrianour cottage at Puri Santrian

Any special offers on bali hotel rates for september 2009?

by goldtop1

my wife and I are visiting bali in september 09 for about 12 days en route to oz from uk. we have read great reviews of the puri santrian on sanur.

we haven't booked this hotel yet since we are still seeking the cheapest rate for a club room.

grateful for any headsup on special deals for sanur hotels or suggestions for which travel agent to book through to get a good price.

colin.

by Chrissy50

I usually find that if you check out the cheapest internet rate, (usually this is Asia Rooms) then contact the Hotel directly through their web site and ask if they can let you have it at the same price which normally they do.
However check out Tamukami Hotel Sanur, you may not like it but I have stayed at Puri Santrian and their sister hotel at the other end of the beach and though I like them both I now stay at Tamukami.

Hello,
It is umlikely that you will get any huge special offer at the Puri Santrian during September, as it is still their peak season until Sept 30th.

AsiaRooms have their price at £107.00 per night for club room (including taxes & Service Charges.

The Santrian itself advertises its own Internet rate at £283.00 per night

The best rate from agents on Bali is around £100.00 per night

However it appears that the hotel is very nearly fully booked anyway, and AsiaRooms cannot confirm any bookings.

There are however as previous poster suggests many other hotels in Sanur at better prices with rooms just as nice as the club rooms in Puri Santrian

Good luck

by airasia

bm..

Sanur Bali - good location ?

by timeoutdee

Hi, can anyone tell me about the location of the Puri Santrian on Sanur Beach - is it close to restaurants and shops or would we have to get taxis everywhere ? Many thanks, Dee

Hi,
The Puri Santrian is in a great location, very close to some of the better shops and restaurants and bars in Sanur. Easy walking distances no problem

Anyway Sanur isn't a big place abd it isn't too far to walk from one ent to the other to be honest.

Have a great time in Bali

by puerto_lover

Dee , Plenty of comments about local facilities and the resort on Trip Advisor:

Seems very likely that you don't need to walk far to find some restaurants and small shops. Taxis are cheap to get further. Lovely part of Bali and this stretch of coast has the best beach with the reef offshore. I once swam off a boat but discovered that I couldn't get back on as no ladder LOL so it towed me back to shore slowly ! Worth the effort.

by gipilodi

Sanur is a good location, there are many restaurants and shops.
But if you want to go somewhere else is better rent a car with driver. It's cheaper than using taxi.
When I was in Bali I rent a car with driver and it was very safe. Driving in Bali is little bit crazy.
My driver, mr. Herman, was very nice and he drove me everywhere.
I found him in a Thai tourism photo. His address is bima_tour@yahoo.com his mobile 0062 (0)87861345288

by IdreamIam

Hi, Both Santrians are in a good location, Sanur is lovely, Ubud is my favourite place but Sanur comes in second. Plenty of restaurants you can check quite a few in Sanur out on Trip Advisor. Also if you walk along the beach you will eventually come to the markets, but quite close are a second lot of Beach Markets which are better, well I think so. There are also lot's of restaurants on the beach as well as all the resturants that are in the hotel's that front the beach some are very good some not so good. Have fun, Christine

by IdreamIam

Sorry my last post I should have read it before I sent it, usually do, but I think you can work it out. Christine

Kids Club Bali

by timtamfaketan

Hi

After travelling to Phuket and having a great time , i would like to try Bali with my 9 year old daughter. Has anyone been to a nice resort with a good kids club? Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks
Bel

Re: Kids Club Bali

by BesarRahasia

There are so many around with excellent facilities for children, it depends on where you are wanting to stay (which area) when you are here.

Kuta/Tuban :- Dynasty beach front location, great kids club, nice rooms, good swimming pool and activities.
Bali Garden Great family rooms, good for activities with children, nice pool, beach front.

Nusa Dua :- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel, The No 1 Kids Club in the area, huge swimming pools, beach front, large rooms, loads of activities for the kids, whilst you relax by the pool or on the beach.

Sanur :- Puri Santrian :- Beachfront, good sized rooms, great family facilities and activities, good kids club

Jimbaran :- Intercontinental :- Award winning kids club, beach front, fantastic rooms, nice swimming pools, lots of activities for family & children

There are loads more some cheaper some more expensive.

No need to worry too much the Indonesians are very good with children have a natural ability to play and keep children interested, enjoy their company and take great care with them. So whichever hotel you stay in if they have a kids vlub, they will be well taken care of and will enjoy their time.

Re: Kids Club Bali

by KarliBali

Definately Bali Dynasty in Tuban South Kuta. Great kids club, 4.5 star good prices beachfront hotel. walking distance to everything. very kid friendly. you will have a fantastic time, i prefer Bali to Thailand, people much warmer and friendlier. beware you dont catch the Bali travel Bug..... (and i dont mean Bali Belly) i went for my first time in 2002 and have been back every year since.... i am inlove with the beautiful island. check out the dynasty web site, its a great web site.
enjoy.