Ratu Kharisma Villa Hotel

More about Bali

Rice Terrace'sRice Terrace's

Hostel and itinerary advise

by Marcialina

I am thinking of going to Bali sometime this year. This will be my first time going there and will be there alone. There are few points tat I need help:

- where to go/do or suggest an itinerary.
- budget hostel (room sharing) recommendation where it is safe adn decent for a solo female traveller
- will US$50-70 for each day expenses including transport and accommodation be sufficient? (i'm not into sea sports)

Thanks!

by BesarRahasia

Well to answer one of your questions 50 - 70 US$ won't really be enough for transport and accommodation and food/drink (even soft drinks)(depends on when you are thinking of coming seasonal surcharges etc)

Fuel and food prices in Indonesia have risen in recent months alarmingly, and there is no reason to think they will stop rising, most smaller hotels (Around 250,000 Rp (which is over half of your budge daily budget) get full very quick at certain times of the year, and generally don't have very good conditions.

I hope you find something within your price range, but don't expect to be able to do a lot of exploring around especially if you think of a car with driver as previous poster offered. Better you use public transport and stay more locally.

by Bartravller

Yes $50-70 a day is plenty for Bali!!!!! Don't be discouraged by the previous posters. I have to disagree with both previous posters,sorry guys but not everyone spends that much.

I have just recently returned from Bali and now planning my next trip as it was sooo cheap.

You can stay in a decent hotel with Hot Water in Kuta for 140,000rp ($15) a night, try AP Inn in Poppies 1, they have a huge pool, very big rooms and breakfast is included. Then you can eat at the Warungs, for example in Poppies 1 there ie Bamboo Corner, best food - - you can get steaks for 18,000 Rp ($1.90)

Don't waste money with a driver if you are sole traveller, you need to buddy up with someone or do tours. I just posted a tip about a great Cycling tour and I know they do overnight ones with all meals and accommodation and transport for $60, that way you'd get out of Kuta and see the Kintamani area, Lake Batur etc. They are called C.Bali (www.c-bali.com)

Try Ubud, you can get a shuttle bus there for 100,000, or do a tour with the guys I mentioned above and get them to pick you up from Kuta and drop you the next day in Ubud so you save costs. If you check out the forums you can find accommodation for 150,000rp per night in Ubud. Go to the monkey forest, just walk around and take in the vibe of the place (its very arty).

Tours will be your best bet as you pay a price that includes meals. Spend other days lazing by the pool and save more money. Oh, and it is safe!

by pamtumaka

Hi all. This will also be my first time in Bali, so I've found Bart's advice very useful as I'll be travelling by myself. I'll try to check into AP Inn or a similar place along Poppies Lane, it sounds like a good place. And for those of you who know that area, please: is it easy to come by agencies offering fix departure tours for Bali and beyond that I could join as an individual traveller?

by Aloe9678

Hi!

I'm going to be in Bali for the first time either in September or January, if you go before I do will you let me know how it was? I'll return the favor. If I go in September, I'll be alone, but if I go in January my mom will join me.

Have a good trip!