Santika Beach Hotel

Jalan Kartika, PO Box 1008, Tuban, Bali, 80361, Indonesia
Otel.com HotelTravel.com Despegar.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

More about Santika Beach Hotel

Traditional Bali @ it's best !!

by TripAdvisor Member Tatrat

Santika is one of the few Hotels left in Bali that still envelopes the traditional Balinese theme. Picturesque gardens, truly interested and helpful, friendly staff. Most staff you meet @ Santika have been there many years. Two i'm aware of have been there since the Hotel opened in the late 1970's.

The room servicing is exemplary (no shortcuts in cleanliness) and in 2007 installed a new (larger than before) pool in the Bungalow area.
Breakfast buffets are unbelievable - Everything for every taste and nationality.

I Love Santika Beach Hotel, that's why 2008 will be my 9th Stay. I can't wait to get back to see my friends (Staff).

Jan

Don't Waste Time Looking Santika Is The Only Place To STay

by TripAdvisor Member SARAMAL

WE HAVE STAYED AT THE santika beach hotel for around 10 times we always say in a premiere room the staff are wonderful they have become part of our family...we have tried other hotels in bali but the santika draws us back like a magnet. The pools are magic the cleanliness is superior and the location is the best you can get...we are arriving again on the 8th of march 2008 are counting the days as we cannot wait to get there again...the full breakfast is to die for anf the sunsets at the restaurant with a nice cold bintang is just the best. Would like to try a bungalow next time as I went a viewed one and think they are terrific. Security is excellent..have never had to complain about anything at the Santiks and trust me we are fussy...cant say enougth about this wonderful hotel....reccommend going on the Bali Hai Sunset cruise ...fantastic night out beautiful buffet dinner and great entertainment...enjoy.

First time in Santika... definitely not the last!

by TripAdvisor Member pynkorked

My choice of Santika Beach hotel was entirely based on the reviews I read from here. And I was glad I made that choice! For one, I loved the fact that the hotel is located away from the hustle and bustle of Kuta yet still within walking distance to Kuta Square and the likes. There are a lot of roadside stalls selling dvds, clothes, handbags, sandals, art.. you name it...

Secondly, I loved how the hotel looked and felt like. As you walk into the grounds of Santika, you don't get any of those noises from the street. Your view is being replaced by these lushful greens and traditional sculptures placed along the path towards the reception area and the atmosphere is really soothing with the background sound of gamelan (their traditional musical instrument).

We stayed at their deluxe room throughout our 5 day stay there. The room is nicely decorated with traditional bali style furniture yet having the bathroom tiled with a marble-like pattern immediately gave it a luxurious look to the whole bathroom. The wardrobe is spacious and you have ample space to keep your luggages away from the sleeping area. Our room was at the ground floor which was great cos we get to sit at the verandah overlooking the swimming pool, yet you are still a distance away from the shriekings of children playing at the pool.

From Santika, you have an option to walk to Kuta either walking along the roadside or via the beach. I gladly walked along the beach as I hated being harassed by the street vendors. Tuban beach is not as beautiful as jimbaran's or kuta yet it is still nice to stroll along it towards discovery mall or kuta.

In terms of food, I can only comment on the breakfast spread that we have every morning.. well, they have a mixture of both western and balinese breakfast. They do change their menu a bit every single day but majority of their menu stays.

With all that said, I am sure I will go back to Santika for my next trip to Bali. I couldn't think of any better place to stay in bali that meets my tight budget and location preference.

Value for Money Stay

by TripAdvisor Member lilacfields

I have to add my voice to the chorus of praise for this unpretentious yet totally charming Bali-nese style hotel in the midst of throbbing Kuta. Had come here last weekend for a regional NGO retreat, expecting to be presented with a business-like conference-type hotel. Far from it! This was a haven in the midst of busy Tuban, and once inside its sprawling grounds you'd be hard pressed to think you were actually in a town setting. It had far more charm than the Intercon that I moved to subsequently for my own personal retreat.

The staff were helpful and were fast to respond to calls for help from the room (adaptor, TV control, etc). The main grouse was that the aircon in the rooms (the standard range)was not cold, and when told the next day, they kept the aircon on through the day to improve matters! I'm sure this is something they can correct.

Also, they do not have a spa to speak of, providing only a massage service. Apart from that, it is truly a value for money hotel for its proximity to shops, sunset view (not as good as Jimbaran), delightful staff and garden retreat setting. The villa section especially has a lovely pool setting and walk path.

Overall, Santika Beach Hotel as a homely, warm feel about it which makes one feel extremely comfortable and relaxed, and wanting to return. Its short 15 minute ride to the airport is another plus, allowing you to max your stay in the place.

Great hotel with perfect location

by TripAdvisor Member Jane75

We spent a week of our honeymoon at Santika Beach and we had a great time. The location was great, close to the airport, right at the beach and just a short walk to the shopping area. Two great pool area at the hotel, a good "get away" when you get tired of people trying to sell stuff to you on the beach.
Great service at the reception and at the travel-desk. On my husbands birthday the kind hotel staff supriced us with a delicious birthdacake, what a great suprice!! We can strongly recommend this clean, nice and friedly hotel.

Great Hotel, best in Tuban

by TripAdvisor Member MickJo

This was our fourth time at Santika and it is getting better! Lots of friendly staff once again and service is the best! Rooms are always clean and fresh linen and towles are always on hand. Rooms are a great size; take your compass so that you can find your partner in the huge beds! Thanks once again Santika. Mick and Jenny, Karratha, Western Australia.

best hotel in tuban

by TripAdvisor Member guildfordians

Having been to the Santika Hotel many times, once again we were very impressed with all the service and the hotel itself. No other hotel in tuban has the beautiful garden and open space that Santika has. Superbly clean also. Its a hotel that can be full of guests yet you can feel like its your own private holiday. And where else can you sit and watch the sunset either from your beach chair or the beautiful sunset restaurant. Its a unique hotel and luckily they havent tried to change to be like all the others.

We actually went into a couple of other hotels (melasti beach bungalows and Mandira beach hotel ) mandira was in legian.
The melasti was the most dirty and disgusting hotel and it was cramped and just felt closed in , i wouldnt let my dog let alone my kids stay there. The Mandira was small cramped and the rooms were tiny , the pool was dangerously perched above alot of steps.
Then you come back to Santika to the beautiful gardens, clean hotel, huge rooms and great service....why go anywhere else
We have already made arrangements to go back next year...

Do Not Stay Anywhere Else - Santika 10/10

by TripAdvisor Member insertscreenname

We arrived in Bali after midnight and were exahusted after getting to our hotel. When we arrived the staff said "welcome home" which was very nice but I brushed it off, I was wrong to do this as Santika made me feel at home. It pains me to write this review as I wish I was back at Hotel Santika. The gardens are so wonderful and the room was very well appointed and very well looked after. We stayed in a presidential suite for 14 nights and the room was very big and beautiful. There was a separate living area and a wonderful big King size bed. The TV was fantastic with so many channels to choose from. The staff were fantastic and always willing to help. There is a little courtyard out the front of the room where many a Bintang was enjoyed. The pool was only 10 m from our room but we were never bothered by any noise from the pool ( and it was the middle of the July School Holidays). You can also pick up a foot massage poolside for less than $5AUD which is amazing.The breakfast is beautiful with indonesian food and western food combined - you have so much to choose from its unbelievable. The location is fantastic as it’s a quick 5 min walk to the Centro shopping Centre and across the road from a fantastic italian restaurant where you can get Gourmet Pizzas for $3AUD. On the beach side of the hotel there is a beautiful big restaurant where you can watch the planes come into the airport down the beach or watch the magnifecent sunset. When we come back to Bali to get married in 2008, there is no where else I would stay in Bali. Santika is like a home away from home.

loved this hotel!

by TripAdvisor Member mrorganic

Just got back yesterday from a 12 night trip at the Santika. My first time staying at this hotel and in this location of Bali. Had a friend recommend this hotel to me and I also had done my trip advisor research. I loved every moment of this hotel. It is an older hotel but it has had certain aspects of it refurbished. It is only about a 3.5 star, but it is really relaxed and fantastic. The room we stayed in was a Premiere pool room and was in the oldest part of the hotel. It was very spacious and had a large balcony overlooking the pool and poolbar. In past holidays usually stay in 5 star hotels but this was a cheap and cheerful gettaway, and I do not think I will stay anywhere else in Bali.

Tha gardens are lush and it is situated on the beach and it is a nice beach. The locals dont hassel you too much. The hotel is long and if you want a room closer to the beach you will need to get a suite or bungalow. But any room is just a short stroll to the ocean. "Sunsets" resturant overlooks the ocean and serves really good food and I found the prices really reasonable. It would be the perfect spot for a romantic dinner or even small wedding gathering.

The staff really friendly, always smiling and really made an effort to make everything perfect.

The spa, really only does massage, but organises scrubs ect. through another spa, but I went to other spa's in Bali and believe the spa staff at Santika did the best massage and really reasnonable prices (remember we are used to paying for 5 star resort prices). What I liked about the spa it is was open air and in a large thatched hut and you could shut your eyes and relax to the natural sounds of the ocean and birds. It was great listening to nature and feel a slight breeze on you as your tension was being taken away.

Breakfast was ok. But to be honast no matter where I have stayed Breakfast in Bali is not really great. The buffet was the same for 12 days with no change and I heard others commenting on this also. It was boring and we only went to breakfast 5 times as we chose to sleep in and grab lunch elsewhere instead.

The poolbar had great food and I also found this to be reasonable prices. The staff at the poolbar were fantastic. You could also swim in the pool as late as you liked provided you dont disturb other guests, this I really liked as sometimes you need to get cool before you go to bed after a long day/ night of shopping.

The Santika is really not designed for kids, but there was some there, but it does not have kids clubs and activities.

The location was great for you to be able to walk to places. 5 min walk to the Discovey shopping mall. 7 mins to kuta square. It had fantastic resturants across from hotel. Thai was great, Italian was the best. For the best mexican in Bali go to CHI CHI's next to the bali sling shot.

If you want relaxed for your next holiday but still want to be able to walk to things and feel safe I would really recomend this hotel. As I said before I will not be staying anywhere else! I loved it.

Good hotel

by TripAdvisor Member fayyong

Only spending a nite in this hotel as we were in Ubud before this..This hotel we're staying is HUGE! Upon reaching we were'nt greeted by anyone...and it took sometime for ppl to Notice our existence..no welcome drinks were served..Bad impression for me..check in by a staff called Lina..she's friendly anyway..lobby was Ok~ We need to wait for about 15-20 minutes in order for staff to clean the room for us..

Finally we're lead to our room..It was room #206 upstairs..pool view..step in the room the floor was WET! There's strong smell of the cleaning liquid...the room was ok...bathroom is a good size..King bed..tv with Many channels- good point! Shower gel and shampoo was not provided..im not sure they forget or what..but anyway i bring mine..so it doesn't matter...there's only One toothbrush?? Anyway..the most annoying thing is the WET FLOOR! Umbrella, Safe, slippers etc..all provided..which is convenient..

They have big gardens..nicely done..pool was great..2 pools in a hotel..went to the so called 'beach'...Big Disappointment..it was High tide then..i prefer spending time at the pool with the balinese tune rather than the beach..

When we were out for the day and came back found out the room was being clean..and there's a letter on the table with a fruit platter for our honeymoon..

Breakfast was delicious with plenty of choices..asian and western...staff were all very friendly and courteous..

Streets are busy outside..walk to the kuta square tooks me about 15-20 minutes..good to walk at nite..there's a mart about 3 min opposite the hotel..very near to airport..about 5 minutes drive..u can ask the reception to call u a cab..it only took a few minutes..

Not the highest peak photo... this is across itNot the highest peak photo... this is across it

Comments