Value Score No Data
Good For Couples
More about Bali
This is going to be our first time in bali and if anyone have any inputs to my questions, I'd greatly appreciate it:
1) trying to choose which beach to stay on but seen many comments that a lot of the beaches are "surf beaches" and are hazardous to swim in. I'm not a very good swimmer so please advise whether there are any beaches where it's safe to swim. And which are the best accommodations around that beach? (we enjoy nightlife, so if it's not too far from the main nightlife area, that'd be great.)
2) we are planning to have a commitment ceremony (non legal wedding) in bali but seems like the prices are quite steep for a simple ceremony by the wedding planners. Can anyone recommend a good and cheap company? We are thinking of either having the ceremony at a chapel or renting a villa.
3) do they sell fireworks in bali? can we lit fireworks at the beach?
4) any other must see in bali?
Thanks all for your help!
RE: RE: swimmable beach
The ocean in the Sanur and Nusa Dua areas are reasonably safe for swimming. To be honest they are perhaps the only 2 areas in the South of Bali where you can swim reasonably safe (especially for a novice swimmer)
Sanur is more lively than Nusa Dua on a night time with plenty of bars and restaurants having live music and everything like that.
There are some good hotels in Sanur depending on your budget. However there aren't many that have a chapel in the grounds for your commitment ceremony. There are many villas available to cater for your ceremony, however depending on your time of year (high season for example)for the ceremony many places will be fully booked or would reqire a minimum stay of around 3 nights.
The hotels in Nusa Dua area are generally more expensive than the one's in Sanur.
Tanjung Benoa also has a good swimming beach but there are lots of watersports there and many speedboats so it probably isn't too safe.
Fireworks are not readily available in Bali on sale to the public,(Legally that is) they are usually brought in from Java for special occasions mostly orgainsed by the hotels or other agencies, and if you reqiure rockets to go into the air then you would need a special permit (to do it legally that is). The permit can be easily obtained by a wedding organiser. As to the costs for a simple commitment ceremony, well there still have to be fees paid to the celebrant who will oversee the ceremony, the fee to the local banjar for the ceremony, and to the chapel commitee (if you choose a chapel, you could try to organise it yourself it doesnt require any legal documentation and could be performed anyplace. The average price for this ceremony should be around $450 US complete.(including the permit for the fireworks (fireworks additional cost)
I hope this information helps, have a great time in Bali and a good happy life together with your partner.
RE: RE: swimmable beach
Thanks a lot BesarRahasia! Your info has been of great help. So, it really comes down to Sanur, Nusa Dua, or Tanjung Benoa. Which of these 3 beaches have the best sand? My bf likes to lie around white sandy beach, so it'd be great to stay around a white sandy beach. We will go to bali in the low season and will try to take advantage of the last minute offers on the villas. If we were to get hold of a villa at reasonable price, we will have our ceremony there. Do you know of any wedding organizer who can offer good price for the ceremony? (I do need hairdo and makeup. And would prefer choir and a floral arch) is usd 1500 for 4 nights nice accommodation and the whole ceremony too little? That's probably our max budget... Thanks a lot for your help!
Popular Hotels in Bali
Jalan Damai, Kayuputih, Lovina, Singaraja, Bali
Banjar Begawan, Desa Melinggih Kelod, Ubud, Bali
P.O. Box 1028, Denpasa, Nusa Dua, Bali
Jalan Abimanyu 66, JL Camplung Tanduk 66, Seminyak, 80361, Indonesia
Explore the World
- Capricorn Resort Yeppoon
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Reading
- Playa Bella Apartments
- Royal Myconian Resort & Thalasso Spa Center
- Horseshoe Bossier Casino Hotel
- Ras Hotel
- Top Plaza Hotel Dipolog
- Budget Suites of America
- Ramada Hotel Helsinki Airport
- Delta Toronto East
- Barcelo Dominican Beach
- Verudela Beach And Villa Resort
- Hotel Doria