Summit Panghegar Conference Hotel

Road Map - Puncak to CipanasRoad Map - Puncak to Cipanas

Travel Tips for Puncak

GREEN HILL and MOUNTAIN RESORT

by meiyergani

PUNCAK in Indonesia means PEAK or SUMMIT is a green valley of Tea Plantation and a beautiful Mountain Resort with a breeze and cool weather located sixty kilometers from JAKARTA, the capital city of Indonesia.
The attendance could enjoy not only the green scenery of Tea Plantation, but also one of Indonesian nice place for enjoying Indonesian Cuisines represented by so many Restaurants which scattered along the green hills and long and winding road

"A Mountain Resort for a vacation"

Puncak is a Green Hills vacation Resorts belong BOGOR District, located at the eastern side of Bogor City

Puncak Pass

by ukirsari

"Via Renata"

For Jakarta residents, Puncak Pass is an alternative destination for weekend. Situated approximately 90 km from the capitol city and can be reached less than an hour by Jakarta - Cikampek highway.
The most famous place on Puncak must be Puncak Pass, which always make local traffic jam on Saturday night. Because many young people, teenagers also families from Jakarta and Bandung with their cars and bikes meeting on the highest point at Puncak Pass.
The temperature on this hilly area is about 18 degrees Celcius, cool enough and windy (just like Bandung), and surrounding by tea plantation.
As a tourist destination, Puncak Pass has several guesthouse and hotels which can be used for anybody who wants to spend their weekend. One of the famous place on Puncak is Cimacan. Ci means 'river' in Sundanese lingo, meanwhile Macan means 'tiger'. Maybe, in the previous time, this place has a river and became a destination for the tigers to get a drink :) No wonder, because in this present time, we have Safari Park which situated nearby Cimacan on the way to Bandung.

One fine day, on my weekend, I take a short vacation at Cimacan and stay overnight at Via (not Villa) Renata.

The green flowers

After swim and visit the garden, I feel thirsty, so I put young coconut with ice into my glass. Hmmmmm .... It's called es kelapa muda.

Plus serabi (pancake with palmsugar and coconut milk) as dessert.

This swimming pool is so great ... I have swim everyday. Before the sun rise (pfuihhhhh, freezing :D) and after the sun goes down (again, cold!).

And here I take picture nearby my room. With a flower on my ear and relaxing smile. INDEED, I just forget all the deadline times, because this cozy place. I wish I have a home with nice views, fresh air and cool temperature like Puncak :)
+ Picture taken by Odeng

"Floral Secret"

This title taken by Enya's album "A day without rain" which I like very much.
Stay for awhile here, I feel close to the nature and I see many flowers everyday. And sometimes I smile for myself, because I don't know about their names. So I decided to give them names by my own :D
Like this one, I call her "Bunga Pagi" (morning flowers), because I see them early morning at my first day on Via Renata.

"Bunga Merah di atas Dahan". This one is high enough from the ground. Just like a tree then the red flowers comes out on several places.

"Nothing Gold Can't Stay"

This is a poem by Robert Frost which I like very much. And I know it for the first time when I was 12 years old, after I saw a movie "The Outsiders" (by Francis Ford Coppola and the main roles are Matt Dillon, Patrick Swayze, Ralph Macchio, C. Thomas Howell, Emilio Estevez and Tom Cruise). 'Till now, I remember the words very well and I can write it easily :)

NOTHING GOLD CAN'T STAY
*Robert Frost

Nature first green is gold
Her harder hue to hold
Her early leaves a flower
But it's only for an hour

Then leaf subsides by leaf
So Eden sank to grief

So dawn goes dawn today
Nothing gold can't stay

"Terompet Ungu" (the purple horn)

Small orange flowers

The orange flowers nearby the tennis court

Comments