Dewi Sri

The GroundsThe Grounds

Street scene in BanyumulekStreet scene in Banyumulek

Info needed, please, for 2 weeks in Lombok

by mariathe

We ( my husband & I)are planning to spend next February in Indonesia , 2 weeks visiting his family in Jakarta and the other 2 weeks on holiday somewhere. We have been to Bali previously and didn't think much of it. Kuta is my idea of hell! So this time we thought we'd try Lombok.

Does anyone know if Indonesian nationals get a discounted rate for hotel rooms and if so, what's the best way to book? Can anyone reccommend a hotel in Senggigi? We were thinking about the Sheraton, has anyone stayed there and whats the beach like? I want somewhere thats good for swimming so I can overcome my fear of snorkeling!! We also thought about spending 1 week on one of the gillis, so any suggestions please? Whats the weather like there in February?

Whats the best way to get to Lombok from Jakarta, and what are the fares like?

Sorry for so many questions, but after the Bali trip which was such a dissapointment, I want to get this holiday right and arrange most of it myself(instead of leaving it to my in-laws).

by xuessium

HI!

For starters...perhaps you'll like to take a look at the VT Lombok pages....

by sybille

many of the more expensive hotels offer discounts to Indonesians, but I would suggest contacting the hotel (s) of your choice directly.

by mariathe

I've been doing little else for the past 2 weeks! I've tried logging on to the sites of the airlines that fly Jakarta - Lombok, without success, and hotels always have cons which aren't mentioned in the publicity blurb. The V.T. pages are good and I have learnt a lot, but there's no substitute for asking specific questions and, hopefully, getting helpful answers.

Info needed, please, for 2 weeks in Lombok

by skyb88

The last time I went there, we stayed at Intan Lombok Resort
The location is next to Sheraton Senggigi Beach.
There are some Islands (gili) that nice for snorkle such as Gili Meno, Gili Air, Gili Trawangan & Gili Nanggu
You also can stay on those gilis, but off course the facility will be different like in Sheraton
There are some direct flights Jakarta-Mataram (Lombok) such as Garuda, Lionair, etc

Have a nice vacation,
Rini Kusdianti

by pPamela

Check out http://groups.msn.com/LombokLovers a website that is about Lombok with a fairl;y active forum.
Also go to http://www.balitravelforum.com and ask on there about some of the best places to stay on Lombok. Many posters on this forum have been over to Lombok and I am can suggest some really good Hotels.
Kuta Lombok is a beautiful but quiet area but they do have the wonderful Novotel Hotel there. Gorgeous views.
Hope this has been of some help.
Pamela.

Travel Tips for Lombok

The Myth of Cats

by balisunshine

On this island of cats,
dogs are unwelcome.

It is believed by the locals here that
you should never wash a cat in the ocean.

If so, it is believed on the island
that it will cause huge waves.

I wonder if ,
the bigger the cat,
the larger the wave.

Kuta in the South

by heckendorfmortgage

Get a guide with vehicle to take you for a day trip to the south of Lombok through Tabacco fields and barren lands in dry season.
You will get the usual "we stop at, weavers, potters, art market".

You will see bemos and buses piled high with people and produce, typical of 3rd world.

Small boats

by paradisedreamer

To get to the Gili Islands the bus will take you to Bangsai, the 'port' - basically just a beach from which you can get a small boat to the islands. There are usually a few other travellers so organise yourself a group as it will be cheaper than paying separately.

Go fishing !! On Gili Trawangan ~~!!!

by Uluwatu

This fishing trip set us back $30 for 2 hrs .. we may have went longer but the boat can only hold the water out for 2 hrs!! The boat was seriously like 3 feet wide and leaked the whole time ...... no joke....A captain and a mate too what a deal !! !!!....... Fishing Poles ?? yeah right who needs them ... more like fish line on a spool .. and let it down ... NO POLES here! ... needless to say ... we caught like 10 fish!~

Local Kids

by black_mimi99

Wehn I was in Gili Trawangan... cos stop for rest before snorkeling, and I saw this Kids playing on the beach... the local kid with fun jump and swiiming againts the wave....:) really cute faces and funny kids...:)

Comments