Gili Air Hotel Lombok

Satisfaction Average

More about Gili Air Hotel Lombok

Gili Air worst experience

by Chris8080 about Lucky's Bungalows

I've been there with a my friend. The meals were nice, eventhough a bit pricy. The view was ok, like almost everywhere on Air.
But please don't go there. A cidomo driver was very rude and wanted to get some money I guess. Another rude person was 'Jimmy 2000' (he introduced himself like that) who first offered (in a pushy way) some boat tours and after hesitating a bit he approached us later on and was really mad. He shouted at us and used several dirty words - just because we didn't want to buy his boat tour or all the other services he offered.

Getting up the next morning, my shirt was stolen from the veranda which I put there for drying the evening before.

I really recommend you to walk a bit further. The area is nice and 5 or 10 minutes walk later, there are other opportunities.
Just avoid Lucky's Bungalows!

Sorry to say that - but that was not acceptable! Nice view, but not worth trying!

Gili Air

by challi about Gili Air

$30 USD for one night Good beach bungalows, good pool amazing scenery, very laid back, a good place to recouperate - especially if you've been trekking hard!

Visit Lombok, a virgin island of WsetNusaTenggara

by meiyergani

Lombok islands offers so many paradise beaches. If visit Lombok don't miss visit three GILI ILANDS: GILI TERAWANGAN, GILI AIR AND GILI MENO, which can be reached by Public Transport. Get a mini bus from a cross road near Selaparang AirPort called REMBIGA(not official Halte), the bus will deliver you to PAMENANGAN MARKET in about 45 minutes which cost less than IDR.10,000,-( less than TENthousands).Take left side seat to see a good panorama. At PAMENANGAN there are many HorseCART await you and it will take ten minutes to BANGSAL SEAPORT which cost you less than IDR.10,000,-. From Bangsal SeaPort there are Motorized BOAT which will deliver you to GILI TERAWANGAN island in 45 minutes which cost IDR.8,000, (eight thousand). The Last Boat from Gili Terawangan to Bangsal SeaPorts is at 04.00 afternoon

Take the snorkeling trip to the 3 Gili Islands

by freshia

We took this trip when we stayed in Gili Trawangan. It cost us around $30 pp

They used a glass bottom boat and each boat carries about 10 passengers. We started at 10am they drop us to good spot in Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno (see the turtles) and Gili Air. Stopped at lunch at Gili Air and return to trawangan at 4pm

To the Gili's on a local boat ?

by cadzand

What a pity we hadn't enough time to take that boat with the locals for a trip to the Gili's.
They were loading the boat with all kinds of stuff to transport it to Gili's Air and we could have joined them.
We would have loved that

In Gili AirIn Gili Air

Gili AirGili Air

Thinking Gili Air may be more me.....

by Tommmo

...not so much into raging into the wee hours these days. Any suggestions as to how to get there, where to stay (at upper budget level) things worth doing etc etc most welcome. Please be quick - I'll be there in 5 days!
Cheers
tom

Hi,
Check out http://groups.msn.com/LombokLovers/forum/
You should join and ask all your questions there.
Mimpikami(Sweden) one of the contributors there, usaully lives on Trawangan for a few months every year and is very knowledgable.
Also if you read some of the past posts you are sure to find recommendations of where to stay and what to do.
Pamela.

Hey Tommo,
I just found these interesting blogs on Gilis.
Hope it will be of some help to you.
Pamela.

by Tommmo

Thanks Pamela. I'm Tommmo2 on Lombok-lovers forum. Ask lots of questions but get few replies, don't think it's a very busy forum - sometimes nothing happens for four days. I'm leaving for there in 4 days. But it is ok.
A guy from Balitravelclub has offered Merpati tickets DPS-Mataram for Rp 310k which sounds good.

Hi Tommo,
It used to be very busy when Gemma was on all the time, but she does not seem to be on the forum at all these days- not sure why?
310,000 rupiah sounds like a good price to me, I think I paid about 330,000+ last November so you have done well.
Have a great time. How about posting here when you get back and let us know how it went and then make your website.
Pamela who still hasn't done my website yet and it is about 5 yrs since I joined.

Lombok & Gili Trawangen..........help

by Funcat63

Hi there, planning on visiting during Oct & Nov and wondering if anybody has stayed at Lina Cottages/Hotel in central Sengiggi.
Have checked this site very well and can't find any mention of it.
Also wondering if anybody has stayed at Beach Winds on Gili Trawangen or Gili Air Hotel on Gili Air. For Lina Hotel, being budget, just wondering, do they supply linen, towels etc, what the surrounding beaches are like. Hope somebody can help. Thanks

Lombok & Gili Trawangen..........help

by skyb88

As I know there are nice accomodation with good price on Gili Trawangan
Better you come there to take a look the accomodation & choose which one is suitable for you
You can check to http://www.lombok-network.com/gili_islands/getting_there.htm for more info

Have a nice trip

Rini

RE: RE: Lombok & Gili Trawangen..........help

by Funcat63

Thanks for the link Sky, I'll check it out.
Michelle

Travel to Gili

by loukisp

Hi,

I'm going with my son (3 years old) to Gili in May. My question is: should-I accept my hotel's transport service from Lombok airport to Gili (USD 100 !) or I can easily make it much cheaper by myself once there ? I read a lot about touts and hustle in the port, but I've been travelling for 20 years and this does not bother me. In that case, does anybody know how much should the taxi cost from the airport to the port?

Thanks

Re: Travel to Gili

by theo1006

Hi!
What Gili are you going to? Gili means 'island', there are lots of them. But probably you mean Gili Air, Gili Meno or Gili Trawangan.

I have no experience with this transfer, but as no one answered yet, here my advice.

In Bali you hire a car with driver for a full day for USD 40. An airport taxi on Java for this distance would set you back no more than USD 20.
Does the rate include your ferry to the island? A chartered boat should cost around USD 20.
So however you look at it, USD 100 seems a stiff price.

Comments