Jl Raya Mangsit, Senggiggi, Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara, 802210, Indonesia

Qunci Villas Hotel
Agoda.com Expedia.com Official Site

Costs 63% more than similarly rated 4 star hotels

• Professional, slick, subtle

I stayed in Qunci Villas for 5 nights in January 2011 - it was a beautiful stay for a number of reasons: setting, staff and understated style. The food was excellent, the rooms fresh, clean and well sized and there were so many things to do close to the hotel. Watch the allah akhbar early in the morning - the local imam did carry on a little more than average!

It was easy to drive up the coast, swim at remote beaches, meet fishermen, see village life, get into Senggigi for a feed (not really needed) and walk on the beach. Magsit beach was a little wild and woolly - non swimmers beware.

I would definately recommend Qunci for a stay - better than Senggigi by far!

• northernbaldy's Profile Photo

A relaxing & romantic place to hide away

Absolutely fantastic service from the moment they picked us up atthe airport, to having a welcome drink & a cold cloth ready for us as we were checking in.

Everybody was so happy, smiley & helpful. A great place to relax - lovely pool next to a narrow beach.

Qunci Villas is a few minutes outside of town but it's easy & very inexpensive to catch a taxi.

Add to that, I personally would not want to stay in town as there isn't a great deal there apart from the restaurants. Plus, practically all of the restaurants provide transport back to your hotel.

Would recomment the Secret Garden for a nice dinner. Fantastic food, but the open air setting alongside a romanesque pool makes for a great location.

Unique Quality: There are many mosques in Lombok so be prepared to be woken in the morning by the call to prayers.

• Svitata's Profile Photo

The Idyllic Getaway in Lombok

Qunci Villa is a boutique hotel with just over 20 rooms. It has a very cosy environment with warm and friendly staff. The rooms are modern yet minimalistic with very clean lines. I love the open rain shower the best!

I have more photos of Qunci in my travelogue.

Unique Quality: It has a pretty good restaurant and a nice infinity pool that faces the sea. On a good day, you'll even be able to see Mount Agung of Bali!

• canicus's Profile Photo

Beautiful and Idyllic Lombok-Qunci Villas

Booked this hotel online at www.quncivillas.com.

Stayed there from 18th to the 22nd of November.

A fantastic place if you want to chill out and just leave your worries behind. Take note! This hotel is not Children Friendly(Read as: For Adults only... ) So for all you who really want to get away from from screaming and wailing kids this is the place for you.

Pay a little more and this will be your dream come true.

Unique Quality: The staff are extremely friendly and nice.

They also take you to your room/s to let you decide whether you you want the room and will keep trying till you have a room of your choice.

Asked for a room change after I found that the Sea view was partial.
    but had to go diving early in the morning

Staff was so nice that they actually shifted all my luggage to the Room I requested for. (Room 5)

Staff are extremely honest. My cousin Derwin left his wallet in the room and they actually informed him when we got back from Dinner. Is that rare or what?

Directions: Airport transfers with the hotel can be arranged when you book online at their website

• Magical!

Qunci Villas is a beautifully landscaped beachfront property under swaying palm trees. It has a large beachfront swim pool perfect for relaxation and enjoying the amazing Lombok sunsets with Bali's Mount Gunung Agung off in the distance. My room opened out into its own private outdoor garden bathroom with shower! The lighting at night in the gardens is just magical. I could just sit there for hours at a time and get lost in my own thoughts and the beauty of Lombok.

Unique Quality: The View of Bali in the distance over the Lombok Straits, modern overflow pool on the beach, very tasteful design of the rooms.

Directions: Just ask for Mangsit Beach.

More about Qunci Villas

Qunci is a good base

by TripAdvisor Member studmuffin1

Qunci Villas was a very handy haven on Lombok. There are no televisions in the rooms ,which is fine, but the lighting is also via 25 watt bulbs, which means you cannot read either, and leaves the rooms very dark and sombre. The staff told me that bedside lamps are on order and should be installed by the time you read this review.Overall the rooms are very good value at about $60 per night for a double.Having said that , the local Sheraton which is a magnificent location and has a great pool area was quoting only $65 per night, despite their published price being $200.

The staff at Qunci are very friendly and helpful, but we found the food and wine in the evening to be over priced and the portions on the small side. A better bet for meals is the Square in Sengiggi, which had the best cuisine we found on our entire holiday.

For a great trip out to the Gili Islands, contact a delightful local called Sapiah, who cannot do enough to give you a great day, seeing turtles and the local reefs. Email him at sapiah_jalanmansit@yahoo.com or call 081 757 08843. He will arrange a local boat ,captain and crew member for the day for about 800 rupiah (£42) Hi is very charming and needs more work.

This Place is a Haven in Sengiggi

by TripAdvisor Member paulosussex

Stayed for 3 nights in Qunci Villas in the single storey villa by the sea. The room was beautiful and the bathroom was a treat. Everything was clean and tidy and the decoration in the room was great, very relaxing. The location is an advantage too as the beach at Mangsit is much nicer (though a lot smaller) than Sengiggi, which seemed a bit seedy as there were so many empty shop units due to the general lack of tourists in Lombok. I ate at the Qunci restaurant 2 nights and the food was great and I also ate at their restaurant in Sengiggi, "Breeze" and the food was ok there too. The breakfasts are excellent.
The staff are all charming and it is the perfect place to kick back and relax for a few days. I would certain go back if I ever return to Lombok.

What a perfect place !!!

by TripAdvisor Member alohatiger1

Stayed here for a week in Jan. 2007. I found this hotel thru tripadvisor. I booked it like 5-6 month in advance. So I had a long time reading all the reviews here on tripadvisor till we finally arrived to the hotel.

Before we came here we stayed at the Intercontinental Bali. We took a plane flying to Lombok. The airfare is cheap and the flight very short.

Well, what can I say: we loved the Qunci Villas. The staff is extremely friendly and they treat you like you would be coming to the hotel for years (but this was my first stay).

The Villas are clean and the style of he rooms is minimalistic. We had a sea view villa downstairs with the bathroom outside. We loved it.

The pool, the hotel grounds and the restaurant is very, very nice. The food is PERFECT !!!
We never left the hotel for dinner or lunch, because here at Qunci Villas you sit right to the beach and the pool and you have perfect surrounding and perfect service. And I don`t think you get better food else where. Also the prices are ok.

The hotel is owned by a guy called Scott from the US. I had the pleasure to meat him. He is a very nice guy and he does a good job by running this hotel.

Lombok itself is very beautiful. We once rent a driver to drive us around. The countryside is very nice. Plan to do this.

Oh, by the way. In some reviews people complain about some noise. I couldn`t here anything. I don`t know what is their problem, but don`t worry about it !!!

Fantastic refreshment for notorious hotel lodgers!

by TripAdvisor Member Businessn0mad

For the last 8 years I've been working for one of the top strategic consultancies, which automatically qualifies myself a notorious nomad and hotel lodger. Therefore - when it finally comes to vacation I do my best to avoid all the Sheratons and Hiltons of this World and look for more secluded accommodation, yet at a certain standard.
Qunci villas was just a perfect match for what I was looking for. Cozy, quiet, peaceful, far away from the throngs of tourists. Surrounding nature unspoilt, sea shore in its natural state and not covered with tons of concrete. Our small villa was built from natural materials – quite a difference if you consider the usual glass/steel glitter of international hotel chains.
The only drawback was that since my husband and me felt so good and relaxed we left the hotel premises very reluctantly – I wish we had seen more of Indonesia than just part of Lombok and the Gili Islands. But we will make up for this next time..

Made our holiday!

by TripAdvisor Member MJF78

Spent 5 nights at Qunci villas in a garden view room (no 3) during our 3 week trip to Indonesia and it made our holiday! The setting is stunning. We had a lovely room, set back from the main path, with a fab outdoor bathroom. We had breakfast every day on our veranda and then spent most of our days relaxing in front of the infinity pool overlooking the ocean. The restaurant served tasty food and good cocktails too. On our second night we experienced a lombok dance and music night which was really good fun and great to experience that in
such an intimate setting - didn't feel commercial at all.

Originally, we were disappointed that the ocean view rooms were fully
booked, but actually all the rooms are so close to the pool (there are only 20 rooms) that you only have to take about 2 or 3 steps off your veranda and you have an ocean view! We really liked our room (no
3) - if you look at the gallery on their website its pics 3,4,7&8 and
would recommend to others - its in the middle of the plot and set back from the main path.

Only complaints were the mildly irritating hawkers on the beachfront
- they try and attract your attention all day by the pool - but they cant come into the hotel at all; the mosque can be a bit annoying at 3am (we were there during Ramadan) and the food service was a bit rushed in the evening, but none of these issues could take our away from our enjoying stay.

Travel to Live Life!

by timwright

"Lombok Going 'Bali""

I was so surprised to see how much Lombok has changed frommy last visit years ago. It still has the more peaceful pace than Bali does, but now they are going a bit more upscale too. Let's hope that they get the better restaurants, hotels and villas like Bali has...but without all the chaos of the crowds. I put a picture from my balcony at a new hotel in Lombok, Qunci Villas. Lombok is great for the views, with Bali in the background

Comments