Amanjiwo

Borobudur Central Java, Yogyakarta, Java, 56501, Indonesia

Good For No Data
  • bali_junkie's Profile Photo

Amanjiwo, the peaceful "Soul"

The resort brings such an incredible feeling. Being able to experience such luxury in a familiar javanese surroundings just melts my heart.

I was greeted with a flower shower on arrival. Then the vast amazing architecture captured my attention for the next half hour while walking towards my villa, past the most amazing sight of Borobudur temple in a distant.

The special treat for the evening was "Makan Malam" or dinner set up outside the restaurant under the stars. The staff brought out delicious full course menu, typical home made cooking, but made to perfection. The general manager, Sean, accompanied me throughout dinner. As the weather got colder, a staff came to put a batik shawl around my shoulder which I thought was a very nice touch!

This is the place where I fell in love with my own culture all over again.

Unique Quality: Their attention to details is amazing. I love the pool in my villa and the view overlooking to Borobudur temple. The photos say it all, but Amanjiwo is something to experience and that can't be captured in pictures....

It is a feast to your senses

Directions: They provide airport pickup, but if you drive over for lunch, go to Borobudur where Manohara hotel is, you take the small left turn leading uphill. Keep going about 15 to 20 mnt, the resort is on left side of the road.

• joeymello's Profile Photo

Jungle Luxury

I actually didn't stay here. My tour guide and myself went and visited the place in the hopes of being able to eat brunch here. My friends have stayed here in the past and they told me it is an AMAZING hotel! Unfortunately, I cannot afford to stay here at the present time (cost per room is over $600 USD per night.)

Unique Quality: Some of the rooms have their own swimming pools and private view of Borobudur/Mt. Merapi. Very peaceful and quiet. They have an indoor shower and an outdoor bath (private of course!) Each room is similar to a villa. You have alot of privacy in the middle of the jungle! The service here is top notch and pretty much all its staff speak very good English. Alot of orchids and flowers.

Directions: This is near Borobudur; about an hour away from Yogyakarta. Amanjiwo provides free airport transfer from Yogya and Solo airports.

• rosie_b's Profile Photo

Best resort in Yogyakarta

It was a very memorable stay. If you really want to experience Yogyakarta at its best, you definitely should go to Amanjiwo. They offer an Elephant trip early in the morning or late in the afternoon. They also can arrange you a trip to Borobudur, which requires you to wake up early in the morning around 4:30. They will have a tour guide to go with you to explain the history of Borobudur, while waiting for the sunrise.

Unique Quality: Because they know when my husband and I went there for our honeymoon, they offered us a candlelight dinner at the club, just the two of us, with a gamelan played by a musician on the background. It was an amazing experience, because we had such a great meal (of rice cone and some small Indonesian side dishes) and privacy to enjoy our time together, and they made it happend.

Directions: Near the famous Borobudur temple.

Comments