Jl. Malioboro No. 60, Yogyakarta, Java, 55213, Indonesia

Agoda.com Booking.com AMOMA.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 4 star hotels

• craneboywill's Profile Photo

historic hotel

Despite the negative reviews, I found the hotel to have quite a bit of luxury. Anyway, its in an unbeatable location for shopping and the lovely Kraton.We paid USD 55 for our rooms. The rooms were obviously renovated as we the paint looked fresh!!! I would definitelyr eco this hotel. The nicest place in town was the Melia but the prices were a little too rich for my blood.

Directions: On the main strip

• fachd's Profile Photo

Ideal location, adjoins to Maliaboro Street

It was in 2001 seven years ago that I stayed at Natour Garuda. It was very comfortable and clean hotel at reasonable price.

The location of the hotel adjoins Maliboro Street which is one of the busiest streets in Jogja. Outside the hotel there are many becak driver (rickshaw), they will take you anywhere around the city, I caught becak to Sultan Hamengku Boewono Kraton. The hotel organise tour and hiring car and mini van with driver.

The hotel is about twenty minutes from the airport and five minutes from railway station.

The room were clean with mini bar and television. The buffet breakfast was good especially the Indonesian breakfast. Like any other hotel it has all the cons like swimming pool, beauty parlour, and restaurant and bar, shopping arcade, air conditioned and so on.

Seven years ago I paid around forty Australian dollars. Today you may have to pay little bit more.

I am not sure if the hotel has change because seven years ago it had good reputation.

Unique Quality: It has good facilities. The staff were friendly and polite always with a smile. Very close to the Maliboro street where action are.

• boocik04's Profile Photo

Not A Four-Star Service!

I had quite a bad experience with this so-called "four-star" hotel as they are supposed to pick me up at the airport and no one from the hotel was there waiting for me on the day of my arrival. I waited for 30 minutes and at last had to take the taxi which costed me IDR45,000.
    The IDR600,000/night room was very small and I saw that it was in dire need of a good paint and renovation works. The shower curtain was dirty and there was only one very small bar of soap.
    I had booked a Borobudur & Prambanan Sunrise tour from the hotel (which costed IDR90,000/pax when it should only cost IDR50,000 from the local tour agency) and it starts at 5.00am. When I asked about breakfast (which is included in the room rate), the receptionist told me that it starts at 6.00am. When I insisted, they promised to send me some bread and fruit juice at 4.30am but at 4.45am the next morning, I had to chase them twice from the kitchen to get my breakfast. I was finally given 1 bun & 3 pieces of bread in a box. Nothing else. Not even the fruit juice. It seems that they can only give out fruit juice at 6.00am.
    I decided to check-out that day after the tour as I am very unsatisfied with the service.

Unique Quality: The building was built pre-war and I feel that it should start some restoration and renovation works if it still wants to maintain it "historical" reputation.

Directions: The hotel is near Tugu railway station and in front of the famous Malioboro street.

• Do not stay at this hotel

Do not make the mistake I made of arriving in the airport on a Friday night and accepting the first recommendation of a "good" hotel from a tourist agent. The Inna Garuda looks good from the outside, charming and historic, and the lobby also presents well. But for the state of the rooms, the rates were outrageous. I stayed at this hotel after the earthquake, so damage of that kind would be expected, but it was clear from the state of the bathrooms in both rooms I stayed in (first one rejected), the rattling air conditioning, the mouldy smell in the carpets etc that this hotel was way run down before the earthquake and in much need of renovation. Poor Yogjakarta, the tourism seems to have fallen off so much since the financial crisis that the competition to maintain standards simply not there. Bad deal for something like Rp450,000 per night some $A70. The Melia Purosani, by comparison, good value for money.

Comments