Jl. Jendral Sudirman No. 9, Yogyakarta, 55233, Indonesia

Booking.com Agoda.com MGallery

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• cal6060's Profile Photo

My Five Stars Experience

I usually don't spend money into luxury accommodation, but The Phoenix Hotel in Yogyakarta was really worth staying as the price is still reasonable for 5 stars standard in the historical town of Yogyakarta. We paid for RM250 (US$84) per night for a twin bedroom with balcony looking at the swimming pool. The hotel has historical colonial style buildings like Raffle Hotel in Singapore. It is managed by an International Hotel Management Company, MGallery. I felt like I was staying in a art museum. The hotel has living rooms with classical antique furniture, old photos, Javanese art, beautiful light and floor. You can also take a great picture of the pool at night.

If you are not staying here, you can visit the hotel or join their Fitness Center near the Pool. The Fitness Center will cost around US$7.50 per visit, and include the following service:

1) 10% discount on Food and Beverage
    2) 10% discount on Laundry
    3) 5% discount on room promotional rate
    4) 15% discount on My Spa for all treatment
    5) Free access to sauna and swimming pool

Directions: Bus Stop: Halta Sudirman 3

• clouds111's Profile Photo

The Raffles of Java

I had a fantastic stay in the old colonial Phoenix Hotel. It's a beautiful building and the staff were wonderful. Breakfast was varied and there was so much to choose from and you are wooed by the enchanting music played by 2 old men sat crosslegged in the courtyard.

We organised a sunrise trip to Borobudur from the hotel which is a wonderful experiance. One of the staff will drive you in one of the hotel cars. Pick up is about 4am but it once one of the most memorable sights I have ever seen!

Defintiely worth spending the extra money to stay here, although it was so reasonable considering.

• ricardoz's Profile Photo

Nice & convenient location

I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is like a boutique hotel just 2 storeys high & was recently renovated. The room I had was a little small but is clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom looks a bit dated but sufficient. Generally the staffs are very friendly and helpful from the guard all the way to the front desk. I would recommend this place, about $50 per room per night including BF. BF is quite decent and staff is always there to serve. The hotel lift is a bit slow, well I am sure those on holiday wouldn't mind.

Unique Quality: The design is nice, the place peaceful and not crowded at all and quite romantic. Every part of the hotel is uniquely designed. The price is just right. I am sure there is pool somewhere but I didn't have time for that.

Directions: Along the main street of Jogja. About 5 mins away from Malioboro by becak or 10 mins walk.

• ricardoz's Profile Photo

Nice & convenient location

I stayed here for 2 nights. The hotel is like a boutique hotel just 2 storeys high & was recently renovated. The room I had was a little small but is clean and nicely decorated. Bathroom looks a bit dated but sufficient. Generally the staffs are very friendly and helpful from the guard all the way to the friend desk. I would recommend this place, about $50 per room per night including BF. BF is quite decent and staff is always there to serve. The hotel lift is a bit slow, well I am sure those on holiday wouldn't mind.

• rightclique's Profile Photo

Pleasantly surprised

Stayed there in April 2005.
    Booked thru a travel agent in JKT with air package which included airport transfers. It's very clean hotel. It looks small from the outside, once you got in, there are more facilities such as spa, pool, and court yard. Loved the balcony. It's very nice atmosphere with colonial feel. Expect lots of smiles from friendly staffs. Allowed us to check in at 10AM and check out at 3:30PM without extra charge. Spa is clean and very resonably priced and it offered 20% discount. What a way to unwind the weekend with affordable price.
    IT's recommended.

More about The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta

*muah muah* to the staff of Pheonix Hotel Yogyakarta!!

by TripAdvisor Member Joddiex

My BFF and I stayed at The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta frm 24 - 28 April 2009. The hotel staff were friendly and full of courtesy!

During our 5-day stay in Yogyakarta, we were so so fortunate to have met many wonderful people of Yogyakarta!! We felt safe and welcome and made many new friends there!!!

So *muah muah* to the staff of Pheonix Hotel Yogyakarta and to all the new friends we met there..!!!! xoxo..

Fantastic Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member viragelet

It's the third time we have stayed and really enjoyed the experience again and again... Great place to stay, nice interior design, clean and neat room, also close to down town area. Circle K, Mc Donald and Pizza Hut are just around the corner. We would definitely visit The Phoenix Hotel Yogyakarta again.
[----]

Kudos

by TripAdvisor Member bellp

I totally agree with Joddiex!

Generally, the hotel is safe, clean, friendly staff, good food and oh they serve deliiiiiiiiiiiiicious iced lemon tea! Metered taxis and becaks are just outside the hotel. We had no problem with the taxi fares. They charged us according to the meter reading. We were very impressed with the staff etiquette as they never failed to smile and greet us.
All vehicles are thoroughly checked for security threats before entering the hotel premise. Circle K 24-hr convenience store is just opposite the hotel. Overall, we had a wonderful and comfortable 5-day stay!

;-D

Good value Solid Hotel

by TripAdvisor Member P&SSmith

We arrived at this hotel after a hair raising taxi journy from Solo Airport. We arrived early so although we were able to check in our room was not yet ready. The lady at reception kindly gave us welcome drinks but there didn't seem to be anywhere to sit down. The one drawback about this hotel is that there isn't a particularly large lobby so the only place to wait was in the restaurant. We sat down for a while a had a few drinks and eventually we went back to reception and we were taken to our room by a very friendly member of staff. The room itself which was one of the executive rooms was a good size and had all the facilities you would expect - LCD TV, minibar, comfortable bed etc. There wasn't an iron and an ironing board but we did have some clothes laundered which was very good value for money. The food at the hotel was also very good and we had room service a number of times which was always prompt.
A major plus point was that the air conditioning was very effective which was very welcome after coming back from sightseeing when the weather outside was 30 degrees C.
The swimming pool looked lovely and although we didn't use it we did have some treatments at the Spa which was excellent and again we felt by european standards very good value for money.

The hotel in general has been refurbished to a very high standard but I think it is fair to say that the bathroom in our room could really do with being fully refurbished. It wasn't dirty in any way but looked rather tired. One more point - each room had a nice balcony but for some odd reason each balcony only had only one chair and a table???

To summarise:
If you are looking for a luxury hotel in the centre of the city with friendly staff and quality accomodation then choose this hotel.

upscale and elegant

by TripAdvisor Member walkie

beautiful hotel, central location. upscale, for sure. if u want yesteryear's ambiance but with all the modern amenities, this is the hotel for you. however, other than the driver who fetched me from the airport and who later fetched our bags for check-out, no other staff struck me as particularly hospitable.

my best hotel stay ever

by TripAdvisor Member LondonE7

this is an amazing hotel with a very local flavour to it. it has colonial drawing rooms. the staff are very hospitable. i stayed on my birthday and had a free cake delivered to my room complimentary. location is by the togu monument, a bit of a walk to the kraton but you can hire a rickshaw driver to take you around. very family friendly. room service was very cheap!

Comments