Kimiya Ryokan Aichiken

Good For No Data

More about Nagoya

Me by the PavillionMe by the Pavillion

central zonecentral zone

Toyota Pavilion & the queue!Toyota Pavilion & the queue!

Meiji-muraMeiji-mura

Travel Tips for Nagoya

BOBBY'S CLUB

by kiwigal_1

Bobby's was a great place to relax in. The music was good and the atmosphere was fun and interesting. The food was excellent!! The menu offers a range of low-priced dishes from around the world and the quality is excellent!! Garlic Beef from Brazil and Chicken Salad Chinese Style!

Nepal@expo2005

by cheesecake17

Official name
Kingdom of Nepal

The focal point of the pavilion is the Mandala, which symbolically represents the Cosmos.

The Mandala has been used in Nepal since time immemorial as the basis and tool for planning and designing temples, palaces and simple residences, as well as entire cities.

Lots of colours, lots of little crafts all over the place....

Nepalese handicrafts

(pic#2)Various Nepalese handicrafts made from indigenous materials were available at the pavilion.

Even some of the Nepalese plants in the pavilion's garden were also on sale.

There were so much stuff to look at ..in this pavillion.....Lots of colours....

The pavilion has a restaurant that offers authentic Nepalese cuisine, dont miss that one..

First Leg - Nagoya

by Amareyui

"Prologue"

I am going to Japan. To be exact, I am going for the World Expo, currently being held in in the Aichi prefecture, near the city of Nagoya. I can’t come up with a reason why I have to travel such distance to see an Expo. The slogan of this Expo, “Ai-chikyûpaku”, which roughly translates to “Love- Earth’s Expo”, doesn’t generate much excitement. Either we get to see recycling and energy conservation at their finest, or an interview from Earth herself claiming how happy she is despite human’s genuine effort to shorten her lifespan by 90%. I figure the world wide oil’s price hike has to be a concentrated effort by all parties to support this love the Earth message by discouraging oil consumption. That’s right, all tourists should walk to the Expo to show their determined effort to stop pollution at all cost. But I digress.
So whatever the reason is, I am about off to Japan. After the tickets are issued, nothing is going to change that. Even the sudden eruption of anger display by my fellow comrades in mainland China towards Japan is not going to change that. I guess I do not qualified as a patriotic type. Without further ado…

The plane is about to land in Narita, and an air stewardess hands me an Alien Registration Card. This is not our first encounterment, but it still doesn’t fail to amaze me. Just how does the Japanese government get away with this for so many years? (Ooo…, us Japaneses’ Engrish is very poor, not know different between alien and foreigner) Doesn’t any “alien” complain about this? The only instance this might apply is when Michael Jackson somehow gets acquitted and pays a visit to Japan…
After another three hours and a domestic flight to Nagoya, I am on a regular express train heading to town centre. I take me awhile to figure out the difference between regular express and express, but I now I know; regular express is slow. I think a hundred express trains have passed us by in the past half hour. Can’t they just call one fast and the other slow? As the train continues to make a stop at seemingly every minute, the sun slowly dips into the ocean, and darkness begins to spread across the sky. The disappearance of light is causing my mood to deepen as well. I am tired, I am hungry, and I don’t know if I have a place to stay for the night. I am already contemplating how should I gain the most from my probable homeless experience. Will they put money in my mug if my sign is in English? How about the location of the mug, should I be holding it or leave it beside my head? I almost feel like I have to know these stuffs.

"The Next Day"

To any of you wondering, I did not sleep on the street last night. The search for a vacant room was not as hard as anticipated, as it was over after only one phone call. The problem was to locate the ryokan. The combination of my poor sense of direction and the map I downloaded from the ryokan’s website, which sole purpose was to lead a potential customer at least twenty blocks away from the ryoken, left me wandering on the street for two hours. The solution was, embarrassingly, the clear direction on the second page of my printouts that I had neglected.

Comments