3-1-8 Sakae, Naka-ku, Nagoya, Aichi Prefecture, 460-0008, Japan
Expedia.com Booking.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

More about Nagoya

sweets on display(pic#3)sweets on display(pic#3)

There are many shops along side of the street.There are many shops along side of the street.

Nagoya Castle, Nagoya, Japan (Oct 2004)Nagoya Castle, Nagoya, Japan (Oct 2004)

On the airOn the air

Plan to visit EXPO 2005 in NAGOYA

by Edy8

Dear fellow travellers,

We are planning to visit the first World Exposition of the 21st century in April 2005. Can you help us on the following questions:

(a) what problems would we face on F&E;
(b) what transport to travel to Tokyo/Osaka?
(c) what budget hotels available?

Thank you in advance.

by ChicagoGuy

Hi Yeo,
Thank you for asking these questions. I wish I had any of your answers. I am asking some of the very same questions. Few people seem to know about the Expo. It looks to be a fantastic event. There are flights directly to Nagoya. I am not sure that helps. There seems to be plenty of shuttles to take you to the site from there. Also, I too have been looking for cheap hotels. All I have found are $300 a night hotels or not available.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

by kinghewitt

We are visiting Japan at the end of March and will be going to the Expo, which looks fantastic, but we will be staying in Kyoto and using Japan Rail Pass to travel up there, it is not far away. We found this place K's House which is near the Kyoto JR station http://kshouse.jp/ which is very reasonable. Not sure if this will help, but good luck getting to the Expo. We may get round to putting some comments and photos up before you go too.

RE: RE: Plan to visit EXPO 2005 in NAGOYA

by pounce

Cathay is ofering some great deals to the EXPO. Under $600 for 2 nights + 1-day pass + RT coach from Hong Kong. http://www.cathaypacific.com/chl/eng/promotions/0,,77254__eng,00.html

by kinghewitt

Okay we've been now. See this tip on transportation: http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/80e24/570/9/
There should be more to follow, but it will all be put up on ClareyD's site.

Travel Tips for Nagoya

World Expo 2005 General Information

by ClareyD

Some basic information about the World Expo

Tickets:
You can turn up on the day and buy a ticket at the gate. The cost is 4600 Yen for adults.
If you are just going for the evening after 5pm the cost is 2300 Yen for adults.
It is also possible to buy tickets online which was useful before it opened as there was a discount, but now it is the same price. You can make reservations for the popular pavillions once you are inside Expo or as we later discovered if you book in advance you can make up to 2 reservations per day online (handy). It seems very organised and there was not much of a queue when we arrived. If you do buy a ticket online you will need to take a print out of the confirmation e-mail and the SAME credit card you used to make the purchase with you. There is a full list of terms and explanation here where you buy the tickets:

How to get there If you are arriving by train you will start at the North gate where the Limo maglev train stops.

Reservations:
To make reservations on the day within the Expo site go to the side of the major pavillions there are terminals or do it on line in advance.

There are many volunteers walking around in uniforms the site who will be happy to answer any questions.

Opening Hours
Main Area from 26th April - 9:00 to 22:00
Seto Area 9:00 to 18:00 (later in August)

The official mascots are Kiccoro and Morizo. Kiccoro is the forest child always excited and wanting to learn, Morizo is the forest grandfather and knows everything about the forest.

Rubbish is thoroughly separated and there are staff on hand to assist with the many options.

There are a few smoking areas and mostly they are well separated.

For further information see the official website http://www-1.expo2005.or.jp/en/index.html

coming back to Meiji Era....

by wathy

Meiji Village, a must must see in Nagoya.
Actually, it located in Inuyama city, the neighbor of Nagoya city.

You can see many historical things in here such as old clocks, old train, old building in Meiji Era which rebuild in here etc.
A recommended place!!

Check the entry ticket in Nagoya Station.
I bought a ticket set of Meitetsu Train and Entry fee of Meiji Mura which is cheaper than you buy it separately.

I visited when I was 8 years old

by GracesTrips

My only trip to Japan was when I was eight years old. It was summer vacation and our plan was to stay with my grandmother for about 1 month. My mom thought it would be a good idea for my brother and I to have our tonsils taken out (the thing to do if you're Japanese back then) while we were there. Well, my tonsilectomy had complications. I was in the hospital for almost 2 months, our total stay was 3 months but we made it back home in time to start school.

One of my fondest memories was when the kids in my grandmother's neighborhood realized we were Americans, they wanted to speak to us in English and wanted us to talk to them in English.

Comments