Hanareyama, Nagano, 389-0102, JP

More about Nagano

Real Estate Advice

by EagleSoaring

Hello
I expect to move to Matsumoto/Nagano in March. Any advice on choosing a real estate agent would be greatly appreciated! And is there any way to get around the agent fees/key money???

Re: Real Estate Advice

by stonefree

Welcome to VT Denise,
Your question will be reactive by asking to kiwigal_1(Rhianon) .
She have been living in Nagano for several years. She will be an authority at the point of being foreign resident in Nagano.

Re: Re: Real Estate Advice

by kiwigal_1

Hi there,
Rhianon to the rescue (maybe!) :-)
You should take a look at my Nagano and Matsumoto pages for a start! You couldn't have chosen a more beautiful part of Japan to come to! Firstly... why are you going?? The reason I ask is that most English speaking foreigners in Nagano are there to teach English and their accomodation is sorted out for them by their employers. In Japan it is very bureaucratic which makes it hard for foreigners to find accomodation without Japanese assistance in the form of a sponsor. Some people move to flats that are owned by friends of friends etc after they get there but it is usually a word of mouth thing. my impression is that it is expensive (the key money thing is a big one!!) and difficult for a foreigner to rent accomodation without a Japanese sponsor. It would help to know a bit more about your situation so please write to me at rhianonb@yahoo.com with your reply to this message and I'll see if I can help you any further.
Regards,
Rhianon

Travel Tips for Nagano

Nagano Ken Japan

by .comyati

"Nagano ( the town I grew to love)"

Hi readers, let me introduce you to this japanese town that I've been working and living for 6 months in 1982.

It is called MIYOTA Machi.I was 18 years old at that time. Well how time flys. My daughther is now 18 years old. It seems , she likes to work abroad too............remembering Japan reminds me of a beautiful...serene ...peaceful community ..........and courteous people.
I hope that I get to visit this place once again.

Nagano-shi

by Scyess

Nagano, as I saw it, was just a small town in Japan. Nothing special is there, really, except an abundance of basashi and (if you're adventurous) hachi-no-ko, which is very good. There are also huge unutilized sports stadiums which were built for the 1998 Olympics and are so big a town of this size can't possibly need, use, or fill them.

In fact, from a tourist standpoint the whole town is like a ghost living in the past glory of the Olympics, when it attained a status it will never reach again. Sad. But you can amuse yourself for maybe a day trip out to here.

Avoid the stadiums.