Misawa Inn Koyo

Rakuten Travel

More about Misawa

How To Get to Misawa

by 2Prissi4Words

I'm living in Florida, currently, but will be flying out of ATL to travel to Misawa in October/November. I've read that the "best" way to get there is a flight into Narita, a bus to Haneda, and then a flight from Haneda into Misawa. Is this truly the best way to get there? I don't want a tedious, tiring trip.

Thanks in advance!

by stonefree

For Narita airport is the nearest international airport to Misawa, the way you have mentioned will be one of the best way to get to Misawa. It depends on what day and what time you arrive in Narita, there sre some way to get there by train. ex: Narita to Ueno by Keisei express, then to Hachinohe by Shinkansen, and to Misawa by special express.
See my Japan page for "Here to there search".
Have fun!

Re: Re: How To Get to Misawa

by 2Prissi4Words

Oh wow! Thanks so much for the advice! I was hoping for an "easier" route, but it seems this may be the best itenerary for me afterall.

I'll probably leave on a Wednesday (early a.m.) since I'm "losing" a day in my travel. I just don't want to be forced to have to stay overnight in Haneda by myself. I'd like to be able to travel straight through and arrive in Misawa sometime between 4 and 7 p.m. (local time).

Again, thanks for your advice!

by DS7469LS

Hi , I am making almost the same trip next month (July), except I'm leaving from Houston. I am visiting a Japanese friend who has made the trip here 3 times, and she says that is the fastest and easiest way to get to Misawa. I will let you know on my return how it turned out.

by erin_hensley25

I don't know when you posted your question, but if it was recent I want to tell you that it is very unlikely that you will get to Misawa without staying the night in Haneda or Narita. The last flight from Haneda to Misawa is around 5pm depending on the schedule that day. Most flights won't put you into Narita until around 4 pm and then you still have to go through customs and take the bus from Narita to Haneda which is a little over an hour, sometimes longer depending on traffic.
On the bright side, staying the night in either city isn't as frightening as it may sound. If you are arriving in Narita before 2 pm, you should have no problem making it to Haneda on the same day. If it is later than 2pm, plan on staying the night in Narita (it's cheaper there anyway!). You should be able to reserve a hotel ahead of time and when you get to the airport find customer service counter and they will get a shuttle for you to take you to your hotel. When you get to the hotel, tell them when your flight is the next day and they will tell you when the shuttle will be there to pick you up. The shuttle is free I believe. They make it very easy and they are extremely helpful...don't be afraid to ask for help. Most actually do speak at least enough english to help you find your way.

by erin_hensley25

Just saw that this question is VERY old!!! Oh well, maybe my answer will help someone else!

Travel Tips for Misawa

Relax and visit an onsen

by terps94

The Tohoku prefecture and Japan has lot of hot springs bath that can help you unwind after a long day at work , a long hike or if you just want to enjoy the healing benefits of natural hot springs.

Usually an onsen is identified by a red drawing of circle with 3 steams line. When you visit the onsen modesty goes out the window, so if your one of those people who hates walking around nakes around strangers you might not enjoy the hot springs. But sometimes you have to get over that to enjoy some cultural experience

Here are some links to help you with your frst onsen trip:

some links about onsen

http://www.fastriver.com/onsen/index.htm sitting in the rotenburo (outside hot springs)

Comments