Daikokuya

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Narita

View from the street in the cityView from the street in the city

JumpingwithNorman, Limousine Express at Narita2010JumpingwithNorman, Limousine Express at Narita2010

Artistic Detailed Wood Carving at the TempleArtistic Detailed Wood Carving at the Temple

Inside YCATInside YCAT

transport from Narita to holiday Inn to town and back

by janetbentleyjones

We are staying at the Narita Holiday Inn for a couple days in May. We would like to leave the hotel and go into Narita city for the day, have dinner and return to hotel. What is the least expensive way to get back to hotel after dinner?
How late does the round bus go?

by Yuran

Are you going to use the free shuttle bus?
The bus is from the hotel to Narita Station.
There is not any timetable heading to Narita station in English page, but in Japanese page.

You can see the timetable at the bottom of below page.

The last bus will leave the Narita station at 23:35, and arrive at the hoteh at 23:50.

I shall translate some Japanese to English.
I hope your browser will show the Japanese.

ホテル発:Leave hotel
JR成田駅発:Leave Narita Station
イオンモール発:Leave AEON Mall
ホテル着:Arrive at the hotel

Wow...
I didn't know that we can not use Japanese...
Sorry!

I made a page of the hotel.
See the following address please!

by janetbentleyjones

So, does that mean the shuttle bus runs until almost midnight every day??

by Yuran

I think so according to below page.

Travel Tips for Narita

Need an ATM?

by flynboxes

Seemed like getting cash in Timbuktu was easier but here if you need cash..get it at one of the airport ATMs on the lower levels or if you are in Narita city at night the 7-11 behind the narita JR station is the best place to get some spending money as not all of the small eateries in Narita take credit cards as I found out one night. You will see other ATMs on the numerous drug stores around town but they only take local bank cards. Neither the Holiday Inn nor the Raddison had working ATMs.
Vince the guy that runs the Jet Lag Club told me about this place. Finding an ATM here was a bit of an adventure. It is located down the back stairs from the JR station.

Tokyo - Manila via Egypt Air

23 Nov. 2002 MS 865 Tokyo 16:00
Arrival :
23 Nov. 2002 Manila, Philippines 19:45

Roundtrip Airfare: PhP 23,122.20
(approximately US$ 433 = PhP 23,122.20 /PhP 53.40/US$)

Travel tax: PhP 1,620 (approximately US$ 33.34 = PhP 1,620/PhP 53.40/US$)

Travel Agency: Wings Travel and Tour (Taft, Malate, Manila)
Contact person:

Airport Limousine - JPY3,000
Destination: Narita Airport

Omotesando

by Wild_Orchid

One of the nice things you should do when visiting Narita town is to take a stroll along the Omotesando Road that runs from the JR Narita Station’s east exit through to the Narita San Temple. “Omotesando” is synonymous with shopping street. Here in Narita it is no different.

I really loved exploring the quaint shops that I found here. There are quite a few old stores with more than 100 years of history, many Chinese medicine stores built of Dozo(warehouse) style, and large wooden Three-story Japanese-styled inns. Many had open displays of local delicacies such as grilled eel, cute boxes of tiny sweetened fish, sweet & savoury rice-cakes and locally brewed sake. There were also quite a few restaurants (Indian, Tempura, Sashimi, noodle houses) and a few souvenior & clothing shops.

Towards the evening, it gets really quiet and I was informed that most of the shops here close at around 5.30 pm. Therefore, if you happen to arrive at Narita in the evening, and have only 1 night here (like most people who have an early flight out) it is best that you take your stroll earlier and explore the town immediately after you check in to your Ryokan or hotel. Trust me! There will be plenty of time for relaxation later on because Narita is pretty quiet at night.

Narita International Airport

by shintarojon

"Tokyo International Airport"

(last date visited - June 3 & June 16, 2007)

Narita International Airport

- world-class airport
- clean & on-time
- courteous Japanese staff

"Tsudoi 2007 - Philippine Delegates"

The Reunion of Former Students in Japan from Southeast Asian Countries and China - Tsudoi 2007

Philippine Delegates
1. Dr. Amelia Fajardo - University of the Philippines - Diliman Professor
2. Dr. Fernando Sanchez - University of the Philippines - Los Banos Professor
3. Mr. Albert Tanching - Manager
4. Junilo S. Espiritu - Japanese Language Teacher

"Manila - Tokyo - Manila via Japan Airlines"

Flight Schedule:

Tokyo - Manila via JAL 741
Departure time - 09:35
Arrival time - 13:05
Seat # 35 D

Travel fare: US $ 790 (two-way ticket)

Prepaid ticket sponsored by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan

What lies Beyond Narita Airport

by Wild_Orchid

Naritasan Shinsoji Temple

On my second visit to Japan in May 2005, I had a morning flight out of Narita airport. This time, I decided to stay overnight at Narita town, rather than at an ubiquitous American Chain hotel. Well, I'm glad I did because there's more to Narita than just the airport!

I would like to say a Special thank you to VT'er manuel_eb and one time frequent traveller to NaritaMike Newman for helping with information relating to this quaint and interesting little town.

Narita Airport-Your Gateway to Japan

Arrival: In late 1994, I arrived at Narita Airport slightly groggy from my 7+ hour overnight flight from Kuala Lumpur International Airport, via Singapore's Changi Airport.

The toilets at Narita were spotless and we managed to freshen up quite comfortably, before heading to the immigration counter. This was completed with minimal fuss despite the number of arrivals. Clearing customs took a bit longer as the female officer wanted me to open my luggage bag. (I had only 1 bag!) She then shot me a few questions in staccato-English. Fortunately, I managed to understand and replied accordingly. My colleague who was standing near me was amazed because she thought that our entire conversation sounded like it was being conducted in Japanese!

Outside, I spotted a water cooler, so I avoided buying any mineral water (my first taste of just how expensive it was in Japan...).

Departure: From the Narita Excel Hotel, we joined the shuttle coach to the airport. It was basically uneventful.

When I arrived at the airport, I got a friend to take a picture of me at the airport car-park to remind me of the airport, and also to remember how bloated my face looked after having slept for only 2 hours on the plane! LOL

Comments