International Guesthouse AZURE Narita

Please ignore Morosis's Description

Best (5.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on January 11, 2006

Hi

I would like to disagree completely with Morosis's description of International Guesthouse Azure. I found the owner of the hostel to be most helpful. He went out of his way with his generosity and kindness. On our day in Narita, he closed the hostel for several hours to take 3 of us staying in the hostel around to a traditional site in Chiba, 45min drive, one way, in his personal car. We were all grateful for this opportunity to see more of Narita and certainly didn't expect him to volunteer to take us out of the kindness of his heart. I have also heard him talking on the phone to pick up people personally from the train station. In addition, he also allowed my friend and I to leave our luggage at his place for a week whilst we travelled other parts of Japan, at no cost! This saved us substantially from having to store it at the airport. As for leaving early, we had an early train ride at 7am - we took the initiative to tell him the night before and he was happy to wake up at 6am to assist us. I certainly couldn't see him partaking in American slander either, he was curious about other cultures not dismissive. I also had 23kg of backpack on me and walked to the train station so it was easily walkable and not requiring of a taxi. I loved this hostel. It was immaculate, beautiful and friendly. The facilities were incredibly clean, the hostel was warm and comfortable. I highly recommend it and would easily return to it.

Directions: 9minutes walk from Narita (metro) station, 1 stop from Narita International Airport.

morosis's Profile Photo

Hostel to Avoid at all Cost

Terrible (1.0 of 5.0 stars)
by written on May 26, 2005

My plane was late arriving and I didn't know japanese. I asked hostel host if he could call bus for me as I was in physical pain and couldn't use trains for transportation due to back pain. He rolled his eyes and ignored me and continued to flirt with this girl. I asked him to exchange money for me as I was told that he did this for others.

He told me to go to bed (it was 11pm) He shut out hostel lights and told me to sleep. I couldn't due to both pain and jet lag. He then waved me away as I asked if I could take tour brochures before going to my bed.

The sun was up at 4:30am and I waited for him to get up. I heard him moving about and rang the bell 6 or 7 times.

I had to leave at 7am as I wanted plenty of time to leave for Tokyo. He ignored my calls for help. After I left, He emailed me and accused me of taking something from hostel but wouldn't say what. I told him I did take every brochure that I could since I needed a lot of help and he told me to come back or that I would stay in a japanese jail. He emailed me every night accusing me of theft but refused to describe what I took. I told him to bill me b/c I had to continue with journey and I didn't intentionally take anything.

He then told me he hated americans and that american government did Japan wrong and that the Japanese were the true victims and that we had a corrupt government.

I don't care what our govt does, I can't control our govt. I am a female traveling alone and I asked for help with transportation via interpretor and he refused to help me due to my nationality.

Please avoid his hostel

Unique Quality: best thing about this hostel is the large amount of candles here. Avoid Narita altogether and go to Tokyo and Kyoto or different hotel

Directions: 3 miles from station NOT 5 min walk as I used taxi to go there from station.

Nearby International Guesthouse AZURE Narita

Narita Travel Forum

Need advice about Narita, Japan? Visit the Travel Forum for Narita and ask our Answer Gurus.

Latest Narita hotel reviews

Very Good (3.5 out of 5.0) 2 Reviews
Comfort Hotel Narita
Good (3.0 out of 5.0) 1 Review

Explore Deeper into Narita
Naritasan Calligraphy Museum, Japan ...
Narita is Great City!
Omotesando .. Narita main tourist street
Nartiasan Shinshoji Temple
Things to Do
Unagi ... this is the place for it !!!!
Naritasan Park
Things to Do
Take a stroll around Narita town
O-chochin-the Red Lantern
Narita Tourist Information Office
Omotesando St
The Shrine
Things to Do
Affordable clothes store in Narita downtown
Shopping
Narita's Circle Bus
Tokyo - Manila via Egypt Air
Narita - Tokyo Prince Hotel via Limousine Bus
Narita, Japan to Manila, Philippines via JAL
Transportation
Fix your seat allocation at your hotel
The Keisei Skyliner
Naritasan Park
Things to Do
Narita, is one of the must visit sight
Naritasan Shinshoji Temple
Narita International Airport
Transportation
The JR Narita Express Train (N-EX)
Cheapest way from Narita Airport to Tokyo
Western Food in Narita
Restaurants
Want a Level 10 rating for curry??
Restaurants