Narita Excel Hotel Tokyu

Narita Excel Hotel Tokyu
Agoda.com Booking.com Expedia.com

Costs 34% more than similarly rated 3 star hotels

• jlanza29's Profile Photo

Excellent hotel in a pricey country !!!!

Ok, I should have written this tip a couple of years ago, but I never got around to do it until I found a photo of a room that I couldn't figure out. I asked a couple of my travel buddies and one of them finally told me it was the Hotel Excel Tokyu in Narita.

We had the unfortunate scenario that we missed our flight back to the states and were pretty much stuck and our money situation wasn't good. And going into downtown Tokyo is pricey and to stay in downtown Tokyo is another costly adventure.

So we asked the tourist information desk if they can recommend a standard and economical hotel in the airport area. They sent us to the Hotel Excel Tokyu and yes I'm spelling it correctly .... They charged us 6000 yens for a room, that is about $70 US for a room. The rooms were a bit small but at this point we didn't care. The staff at the hotel were awesome in understanding our situation. They even gave us a couple of vouchers for free breakfast, that was worth 2000 yens a piece.

The hotel has a free shuttle to Narita airport every 20 minutes and a free shuttle to the main train station every 15 minutes.

I highly recommend this hotel if you ever encounter a problem and miss your flight at Narita Airport.

• suhadis's Profile Photo

Average Hotel in Narita

The hotel looks dated, but still ok. The rooms are rather small, but the toilet is quite a wonder for a first timer to Japan - with its "washing" feature. The staff can moderate english, but do not expect much as it's not a language they speak everyday.

Do take note of the schedule of the free shuttle bus to the airport. At non peak hours it comes by only every hour.

Unique Quality: There are no grocery shops around the hotel. There is a regular bus to Narita city or Aeon shopping mall where you find most of your needs.

Oh yes.. Some rooms have massage chairs. Request for these rooms if you want to try them out!

Stay away from those business single rooms... They are really tiny!

Directions: Take the Shuttle Bus from the Airport. There are no public bus links to this hotel from the airport.

From the Narita JR or Keisei, take the free shuttle bus (nearer to Keisei station).

• dennisKL's Profile Photo

Budget Hotel

Overall is good. If you are getting some electronics devices, make sure you have the correct socket as they actually don't offer this. My camera was out of batt!!!to bad...
    I have a misunderstanding with the officer...which they only speak Nihongo!
    If you are thinking to get around the Narita at night, the only transportation offer is Taxi.

Unique Quality: A very nice view from the Narita airport which you can actually seeing the flight take off and landing in very close distance!

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Enjoy the Koi Gardens (Part II)

Although we only stayed for one night, I had a good night's sleep and felt well-rested the next morning, ready to catch my flight back to Malaysia.

The room was a good size for one person and the bed was comfortable. There was a big flask for hot water, a little fridge, plus a cotton yukata (bathrobe) and slippers. Despite the proximity to the airport, there was no aircraft noise.

Unique Quality: The hotel has an indoor pool & an outdoor swimming pool. The outdoor pool is only open during summer and was lit up at night with some festive lanterns. Unfortunately I did not get the time to check the pools out. The hotel also features a gym, a sauna and some tennis courts.

There are also some large banqueting halls and restaurants, and I believe it is a popular venue for weddings.

Lovely gardens and koi pond-see pics - which can be viewed from the Coffee House or if you have more time, you can stroll in the gardens. Fortunately, I had a bit of time to snap a couple of photos.

There is a shuttle service to the airport at regular intervals.

• Wild_Orchid's Profile Photo

Watch the Planes Take Off (Part 1)

Arrived from Tokyo at 10 pm after being caught in a 2-hour traffic jam. Stayed only one night so didn't get to see much of this hotel.

Noticed that it was pretty crowded at the lobby even at that time of the night, but I still managed to find a spot to sit down while waiting for my bags to be taken out of the coach.

Service appeared to be friendly and efficient.

Unique Quality: Cold towels waiting at the lobby area - entirely self - service but it was indeed a welcome relief after being on the coach from Tokyo.

My room here was larger than the room I had in Tokyo but the bathroom was the same size with the exact same layout and even the toiletries were exactly the same.

From my window on the 5th floor, I could see planes taking off from Narita airport at regular intervals, but fortunately there was no corresponding aircraft noise. I could also see the car park and large green fields and noticed that it was extremely windy.

Buffet breakfast was quite tasty, and was a mix of Continental and Japanese.
    (Marked price for the breakfast : 2,079 yen, but ours was included with our room rate)

Convenient shuttle service to Narita Airport.

Ample TV channels, including CNN and BBC.
    Room rate below was for a single room.

Comments