Otakeya Ryokan

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

Good For No Data

More about Narita

The best are represented here.The best are represented here.

Grilling Eel for the Lunch RushGrilling Eel for the Lunch Rush

Khoi in a Brook at Naritasan ParkKhoi in a Brook at Naritasan Park

McDonald's at the corner next to the train stationMcDonald's at the corner next to the train station

Narita (Circle) Bus

by tianna87

Since I have about 10 hours waiting for my next flight, i wanted to get out and tour the city as much as i can. I was wondering about the Narita Cicle Bus where it takes you to the museum and aeon shopping mall, whether it is part of a tour thing or just a bus that runs through a course (like to museum, mall, airport and the same thing all over again)?? And so, if i do take this bus does that mean that for every stop I take like getting off to visit the temple, i'll have to wait for another one to go to the mall and then finally take a bus from the mall(since i'll be shopping) to the airport? And last question, is this bus crowded - if it is,i'll be planning to leave early so that I wont missed my flight. I hope I can get some help, and hear from anyone soon. Thanks.

Re: Narita (Circle) Bus

by 777flyer

The Circle bus I am familiar with (I'm an airline crewmember who has flown to Narita for 20 years) is a city bus line that goes from the Keisei train station in downtown Narita in a large circle, stopping at the Aeon Mall, Narita Shinshoji temple and gardens, BonBelta Mall, YourElm Department store, and many (perhaps 10) airport area hotels. It does not go to the airport itself, you would have to transfer or take a hotel bus. The full circle takes approximately 2 hours, though there are buses operating in both directions. The bus usually has room, though you may be standing if it is during the morning or evening commute. The fare is 200 yen ($2 US), and you can pick up a transfer that is good once. After that you will probably have to pay the fare again. The buses operate from about 6 am to 10 pm, aproximately 30 - 45 minutes apart. They have "200" in very large letters on the side, which distinguishes them from other city buses.

Travel Tips for Narita

Narita has two terminals-don't miss your flight!

by Wild_Orchid

I found out that there are two terminals at Narita. I had arrived and departed via Terminal 1 on my first trip to Japan when we flew here on Singapore Airlines in late 2004.

On my second trip in May 2005, I had arrived and departed via Terminal 2 when flying MAS. Make sure you get to the right Terminal, because the immigration queues at Terminal 2 are really long and you'd best observe the minimum 2 hours pre-check-in rule in order not to miss your flight. For flights departing from Terminal 2, please check the Narita Airport Guide. Latest Update: May 2005. This tip originated from VT'er Sumtingwong: he's right to say that the shopping at Narita airport is limited and you should do your shopping downtown. However, I wish to explain that it does depend as to which Terminal your flight takes off from. The shopping at Terminal 1 of this airport was certainly nothing to write home about as Terminal 1 had only 3 souvenior shops, a couple of small duty free shops focusing on Japanese snacks, branded cosmetics and some branded clothing, and there was also a Swatch & Flick-Flack watch counter. Out of desperation, I had purchased a few small coin purses and a couple of photo-frames (RM400-500 yen each) to bring back as souveniors to my colleagues back home (had neglected to buy anything for them in Tokyo based on the misguided belief that there would be something at the airport).

However, if your flight takes off from Terminal 2, there is a good range of souvenior shops and food outlets. The pricing is very competitive although the items are almost the same in all the shops. You can buy colourful wooden dolls in different sizes, key chains, coin purses, fridge magnets, and Japanese snacks.

During this trip, I had bought my souveniors at Narita town, and that was a great experience due to the excellent customer service that I received. The range and selection was also larger.

Best place to watch the planes at NARITA

by cheesecake17

On TERMIMAL 1, Observation DECK...you get a whole view of the runway...

The observation deck is on the 5 floor, it also has a snack corner, so you can have something while you watch...

On TERMINAL 2, Observation deck, you can see lots of japanese and foreign planes...

There is also a few good restaurants with a good view of the planes...

Jumping in Narita!

by Jumping

Feb 23, 2010 That's my sister who just arrived in Narita and she jumped at Arrivals!

I arived in Narita at Terminal 1 through Continental, and my sister arrived an hour later at Terminal 2 Japan Airlines (from San Francisco). It was easy to get on the yellow connecting bus to bring me to her terminal....

And once she came out, I asked her to jump! Hehehe

Within a few minutes, we already reserved our limousine bus going to our hotel in Ikibukuru....the bus was only 6000 yen I think for the two of us and it was supposed to be 90 minutes - but because of traffic, we had to take a detour and it took over 2 hours (455PM - 700PM)... but along the way, we did get to see Tokyo Disneyland by the Freeway, and then we also saw the Imperial Palace because of the detour.

NARITA - Aviation crossroads

by tiabunna

Tokyo’s major international airport created quite a stir locally when it was developed in the 1980s. Despite farmers’ protests, the airport went ahead and now is one of the world’s major aviation crossroads. The little rural town of Narita has been subsumed into a tangle of bitumen, concrete and expressways.

Although that may apply locally, as our JAL 747 approached the airport, I was fascinated to see the tiny pocket-sized rice paddies covering nearly all the countryside. What was not being used for agriculture or housing was used for golf courses: I have never seen so many, all looking beautifully landscaped with ample trees around them. Sadly, although the view was interesting, digital gadgets (including cameras) are not allowed at that stage of the flight, so my description will have to suffice.

A stopover at an airport, with or without an overnight stay at an airport hotel, scarcely seems the basis for a VT page. But, should you find yourself transiting Tokyo, I’d like to think the tips with this page may be helpful.

The Narita stopover comfortably breaks what is a very long voyage for travellers between Europe and Oceania and gets the time-zone changes out of the way before (or after), leaving a trip north or south along the same time zone for the balance. A short break at Narita seems to minimise the effects of jet lag. The route via Japan also is a very interesting travel option with no more flying time than the more common routes.

I should add that the hotel at Narita Airport contained brochures for sights in Narita township – sadly, my itinerary did not allow a visit.

Airport Surfin' & Terminal Hoppin'

by Halfwit

"The Stop-Over Hang-Over"

What can I say about Narita?

I didn't spend long there .... It was simply a stopover en route from BrisVegas to Vancouver.

Japan Airlines put us up in their hotel, with the scenic views of Narita International Airport to greet our heavily hungover eyes the next morning .. Terrific.

If you're ever stopping in Narita for longer than a day - go in to see Tokyo, it's worth the effort and 4ish hours on public transport .. From my experience there's not much to do except watch planes take off and land

"Terminal Sleeping & Million $$ Sandwiches"

As you might expect, I didn't spend long in Narita coming home either. We flew in under cover of darkness, and rested our eyes in the desolate terminals.

As with all airports, food is pricey. 3 sandwiches and a small tube of Pringles knocked $20 outta my pocket. I didn't have the testicular fortitude to dare order a beer ... Beware!

Comments