Fukuoka-city is a cosmopolitan and internationalized city.
Its sightseeing attractions are contemporary rather than traditional, but they are still very much worth visit.
And Fukuoka is also renowned as a culinary center and its night life.
"Where to visit"
1. Sea side Momochi, is a water-front resort area.
2. Heiwadai area, nearby Tenjin district
- Ohori-Koen Park, enjoy a jogging.
- Ruins of Fukuoka Castle, plum and cherry blossoms can be enjoyed.
"What to do"
1-1 Complex commercial facility
- Canal City Hakata
- Fukuoka City Theater
- United Cinema
1-2 Tenjin, is the biggest shopping district in Kyushu region.
- Overview of Tenjin
- Tenjin Underground Shopping Arcade
1-3 Hakata Riverain is Fukuoka's most sophisticated multi-function complex
- Hakata Gion Yamagasa, held on 1st through 15th of July
- Hakata-za, Japanese traditional play Kabuki theater
- Fukuoka Machiya, is a forlk museum located nearby Canal City Hakata.
- Yatai, is a food stall
- Ganso Nagahamaya, is the birth place of Nagahama Ramen restaurant,
6. Professional baseball, Fukuoka Yahoo Dome
[Go to Fukuoka-ken]