Kitakyushu Yahata Royal

My Apartment in EdamitsuMy Apartment in Edamitsu

Travel Tips for Kitakyushu

INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION

by kiwigal_1

This is a picture of the KIA or Kitakyushu International Association. It is located up the hill (towards Mt Sarakura) from Yahata Station.
There is loads of information available here as well as free Japanese lessons.
For more information on activities at the center click the link: http://www.bcc-net.co.jp/kia/index-e.html

Japanese for "North Kyushu (Island)"

by DSwede

Kitakyushu is the new city consolidating the older cities of the area, focusing around Kokura.

I visited the area after spending a few days in Fukuoka. I enjoyed the sites and had the opportunity to meet VT member Masa [ (VT’ers I’ve met (part 2)].

Among our stops:
- in the city center we walked along the Riverwalk, the Kokura Castle area, City Hall, and Tsukimi Tei.
- to the southwest of the city center, we went to the top of Mt. Sarakura by use of the inclined tram (round trip fare was 1000 yen on the Hobashira Cable car).
- we also ventured farther north to Moji area and saw the retro-district, the observatory at Mekari Park, saw the Hayatomo-no-Seto strait between the islands of Kyushu and Honshu. We also walked under the water through the Kanmon tunnel to Honshu.

Feel free to visit my Japan page for some more general thoughts on my time on the islands.

(for more pictures, feel free to visit my Japan Gallery. If you enjoy the pictures, please leave a comment.)

Comments