Value Score Average Value
Good For Solo
I had tried to reserve several hotels like Keio plaza, new Otani prior to my stay (from 24 - 26 Jun 06) in Sapporo but to no avail as all the hotels that i tired were fully booked. I chanced upon Toyoku inn (www.toyoko-inn.com) and surprisingly, their rates were so much cheaper than the rest.
Unique Quality: Decent facilities but don't expect that of a 4,5 star hotel.
- room is small
- no swimming pool
- simple breakfast
Directions: From Hosui Susukino, look out for exit 7 and then a 5 minutes walk to the inn. Although it's not located within the JR Sapporo premises, it is still very near (10 minutes walk) to the entertainment district (Susukino) and ramen alley
Budget Stay, central location, very affordable!
This accommodation was perfect for us:
- clean, sanitary bedroom and bathroom
- deep bathtub
- special pillows: top is foam-filled, bottom is wheat-filled for a comfortable sleep.
- good quality firm mattress
- free disposable toothbrush/toothpaste, hairbrush, shower cap, shaver, replaced daily
- aircon & heating 2-in-1
- short walk to JR Hokkaido Sapporo Station (just 2 minutes!)
- convenient & safe location
- very friendly staff, approachable and helpful
- at least 1 English-speaking staff on duty 24/7.
- modern design
- free pamper-kit (fragrant bath salts, sponge etc) & other useful gifts of your choice upon checking-in
- free internet access (lobby)
- compact room. good for us travelling light but if you have large baggages, space may be a problem.
- view not very good, but if you're out of the hotel for most, who cares?
- no complimentary breakfast. Just hop across the road to "Lawson's" (something like 7-Eleven) and grab one of the varied ready-to-eat meals.
I would definitely return to this hotel if I'm in the area ever again (tough luck, Japan is too expensive to re-visit on own expense!)
Unique Quality: Unique quailities? See above.
Double Room US$82 per night
Directions: Take north exit of Sapporo Station, and turn right. Walk for about 2 minutes. You will pass 2 "Lawson's" convenience stores across the main road on your left. Hotel looks just like pictured.
Popular Hotels in Sapporo
2-5-2 Chuoku kitagojonishi, Sapporo
6-1-9 Kita 6 Jo Nishi, Kita-ku, Sapporo
4 Nishi Kitaichijo Chuoku, Sapporo
5-1, Nishi, Minami 4 Jo, Chuo-ku, Sapporo
Explore the World
- Elegant Circle Inn
- La Jolla Village Lodge
- Torre Belroy Apartments Benidorm
- La Palmera
- Sofitel Cannes Le Mediterrannee
- St. George Apartments
- La Penita Apartments
- Mountain Club Resort
- Ocean Dunes Resort & Villas
- W Los Angeles - Westwood
- Hotel Jardin Amazonas
- Splendid Hotel Paris Levallois
- Greenhills Elan Hotel Modern
- The Chace Hotel