This accommodation was perfect for us:
- clean, sanitary bedroom and bathroom
- deep bathtub
- special pillows: top is foam-filled, bottom is wheat-filled for a comfortable sleep.
- good quality firm mattress
- free disposable toothbrush/toothpaste, hairbrush, shower cap, shaver, replaced daily
- aircon & heating 2-in-1
- short walk to JR Hokkaido Sapporo Station (just 2 minutes!)
- convenient & safe location
- very friendly staff, approachable and helpful
- at least 1 English-speaking staff on duty 24/7.
- modern design
- free pamper-kit (fragrant bath salts, sponge etc) & other useful gifts of your choice upon checking-in
- free internet access (lobby)
- compact room. good for us travelling light but if you have large baggages, space may be a problem.
- view not very good, but if you're out of the hotel for most, who cares?
- no complimentary breakfast. Just hop across the road to "Lawson's" (something like 7-Eleven) and grab one of the varied ready-to-eat meals.
I would definitely return to this hotel if I'm in the area ever again (tough luck, Japan is too expensive to re-visit on own expense!)
Unique Quality: Unique quailities? See above.
Double Room US$82 per night
Directions: Take north exit of Sapporo Station, and turn right. Walk for about 2 minutes. You will pass 2 "Lawson's" convenience stores across the main road on your left. Hotel looks just like pictured.
I had tried to reserve several hotels like Keio plaza, new Otani prior to my stay (from 24 - 26 Jun 06) in Sapporo but to no avail as all the hotels that i tired were fully booked. I chanced upon Toyoku inn (www.toyoko-inn.com) and surprisingly, their rates were so much cheaper than the rest.
Unique Quality: Decent facilities but don't expect that of a 4,5 star hotel.
- room is small
- no swimming pool
- simple breakfast
Directions: From Hosui Susukino, look out for exit 7 and then a 5 minutes walk to the inn. Although it's not located within the JR Sapporo premises, it is still very near (10 minutes walk) to the entertainment district (Susukino) and ramen alley
2-5-2 Chuoku kitagojonishi, Sapporo
6-1-9 Kita 6 Jo Nishi, Kita-ku, Sapporo
4 Nishi Kitaichijo Chuoku, Sapporo
Minami 9 Nishi 2, Sapporo
Latest Sapporo hotel reviews
We've found that other people looking for this hotel also know it by these names:
Address: 5-1, Nishi, Minami 4 Jo, Chuo-ku, Sapporo, Hokkaido, 064-8509, Japan