Sounkyo Choyotei

See Amenities
heywinks's Profile Photo

Great hotel!

by written on June 17, 2003

The hotels in Sounkyo are all grouped together in the same area, near the waterfalls & the gorge. The Sounkyo Choyotei Prince Hotel is one that is located at the top of the hill overlooking the other hotels & the gorge. It was a very large hotel, and very nice! Great facilities, excellent service, good food for dinner & the buffet breakfast, relaxing onsen.
The room I stayed in was not large but a good size for 2 people. Bilingual TV & safe box with key. Traditional Japanese style with tatami mat & futon. The bathroom was small but we used only the toilet & sink in there, going to the onsen for our bath at night. The room was clean. I`ve stayed in other Japanese hotels & I can tell if the tatami is too worn or discolored. The one at this hotel was pretty fresh & it didn`t have a old, musty smell to it. It looked new so I was happy. Tatami is important because sleeping on a futon you are practically on the floor!!

Unique Quality: I was on a package tour so I`m not quite sure of the price of the hotel. Maybe around US$150 a night? The cost of the room includes dinner & breakfast.

Nearby Sounkyo Choyotei

Amenities at Sounkyo Choyotei

• Restaurant
  • Free Parking

Sounkyo Travel Forum

Need advice about Sounkyo, Japan? Visit the Travel Forum for Sounkyo and ask our Answer Gurus.

Sounkyo Travel Guide