Hotel Suwa Tsukuba

302 Teshirogi, Tsukuba, Ibaraki Prefecture, 305-0834, Japan

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Tsukuba

We can't see anything because of the fog!We can't see anything because of the fog!

it's new!it's new!

Sunken square of Tsukuba Center BuildingSunken square of Tsukuba Center Building

You see..No sweat, yetYou see..No sweat, yet

Travel Tips for Tsukuba

Tsukuba Information Center

by torototammy

It has an exhibition on the history of Tsukuba Science City, which offers you a point to start a visit to the profile of the city.
The center also assists in international exchange activities. They offer many programs for foreign residents in Tsukuba such as flower arrangement classes and Japanese lessons.

It is located in Tsukuba Center Building, right next to Tsukuba Center Bus Terminal.

Ah! Those beautiful signs

by manuelEB

Dear friend there STILL 1300 mts to go.
You are at 650 mts over the sea level.
It is not written that those 1300 mts are
very long meters... Bring some articifial enjoy other wise you will start to cry soon...

Welcome To Tsukuba Science City

by torototammy

"Where Is Tsukuba Anyway??"

"Tsukuba-Science-City" is the city I livenow. I moved to this area since I got my job after comig back from Canada. Until then, I had heard the name but didn't know exactly where it is. I only remembered visiting the science expo in 1985 with some other kids.

Not like most of the cities in Japan, there had been NO train stations here.
That was really critical for me. I believed I could go anywhre in Japan using railways. I even didn't have my drivers lisence. I thought I could get another job in Tokyo again someday.

Well, I adjust myself to the life in Tsukuba. Got my drivers lisence, take a highway bus to Tokyo, hang out with my local friends...and settled down with my Ibaraki-born husband!

THE CITY IS STILL UNDER DEVELOPMENT!!

Tsukuba Express(TX), the railway we've been waiting for is finally opening this August. It will connect Tsukuba, Ibaraki and Akihabara, Tokyo. Directly from the science city to the mecca of geeks(akiba-kei otaku), it'll take 45 minutes train ride.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::The Location::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The city is located in the southwestern part of Ibaraki Prefecture.
It is situated approximately 50 km in southwest of Mito City,the capital of the prefecture, approximately 50 km in northeast of the capital Tokyo and approximately 40 km in northwest of New Tokyo International Airport (Narita City).
The city has an extended shape in north-south direction, that measures 25.4 km in width and 14.9 km in length. It's area being 259.59km2, this is the second largest city in the prefecture.

"Tsukuba Park Avenue"

OK, Tsukuba IS a large city(geographically). Basically you need a car to go to work, school and shopping. Major streets are wide and crazy drivers go faster than 80km/h. For bikers and pedestrians, there is a nice road called "Tsukuba Park Avenue".
It runs in north-south direction from University Of Tsukuba to Akatuka Park.
Park Avenue itself is like a park but it joints some parks and public buildings like Epochal(Tsukuba International Congress Center),Tsukuba Center Building, public library, Expo Center ...and University of Tsukuba.

Take a walk or go biking parks to parks on this lovely road.

"Mt. Tsukuba"

Mt. Tsukuba lies to the north of "Gakuen" (science city) area. It takes about 30 minutes by car from Tsukuba Center.

My friends and I took a budget trip there by Nori-nori bus(see my transportaion tip). Check out my travelogue.

Comments