Our Members Say
- Reviews: 968
Kotohira Grand Hotel Sakuranosho: A Truly Grand Hotel
The Kotohira Grand Hotel Sakuranosho is located right off the path leading up to Kompirasan. You can even see parts of Kompirasan from the windows facing the mountain, which is especially nice at night when they light up the shrine's gate. There are often lanterns in the temple beside the hotel on the opposite side, which are also nice for viewing or walking around in the evening. In the evenings in the front lobby they have prize giveaways (at least when I was there).
The hotel itself is also quite beautiful! There are different types of rooms you can get (Japanese and Western-style) and some rooms have their own small onsen-like place outside to soak in. There was even a massage chair! The futons are very comfortable; very easy to fall asleep!
The dining hall (7th floor) is large and the breakfast buffet has many options for all tastes.
Within the hotel are also onsen. If you are staying here after visiting Kompirasan, it should be very nice to come and relax after walking up all the steps. If you are coming here before visiting Kompirasan, it should put you in the right frame of mind to experience the shrine!
Sort by: Most recent | Most helpful
Popular Hotels in Kotohira
Explore the World
- Hilton Cancun Golf & Spa Resort
- Sofitel Seminyak Bali
- Hampton Inn Atlantic City-Bayside
- Embassy Suites Hotel Anaheim-North Located near Disneyland Park
- Fiesta Americana Grand Coral Beach Cancun
- Holiday Inn Garden Court Oudtshoorn
- Holiday Inn FAIRLANE-DEARBORN, MI
- La Plantation Resort & Spa
- Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun
- Le Parc Sofitel Demeure Hotels
- Taj Residency Lucknow
- Le Royal Meridien King Edward
- Iberostar Costa Dorada
- The Dune Beach Village - An Eco Beach Hotel