Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort And Spa

1320 Gora Hakone-machi, Ashigarashimo-gun, Hakone, Kanagawa Prefecture, 250-0408, Japan

Hyatt Regency Hakone Resort and Spa
Booking.com Agoda.com Orbitz.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 5 star hotels

• The best hotel stay you'll ever have!

First, let me say I'm a bit prejudiced; I feel the service industry is something the Japanese have elevated to new highs. We'd stayed in Tokyo the previous year and took the Shinkansen line as far as Hiroshima. We stayed in four beautiful hotels; Ah! Kyoto/Osaka...... When we returned the next year we chose Hakone at the behest and advice of Tokyo businessmen & women. We never regretted taking it! The Hyatt Regency was worth every penny. The quality of the food was somewhere between four and five star. The service staff with whom we dealt had accents from numerous English speaking countries (ours had a distinct Aussie accent). I was informed the majority of their wait staff were undergrad's who had polished their English skills in a foreign country. Not only did they speak excellent English, they knew American sports better than I. The rooms were very comfortable and afforded a beautiful view of the now long dead, forest laden volcano. The cleaning staff consisted of three women who I'd have hired in a moment for the thoroughness of their work. The Onsen is a place you can only describe by experiencing. It's something that leaves you both refreshed and re-invigorated. An experience worth being on your top 100 must do's. Then, to top it off, the full body massages were beyond compare! Every soul must experience the Hakone Hyatt Regency once!

Directions: My only advice to anyone seriously considering this destination would be to acquire all their tickets in their mother country. As they are probably cheaper than in Japan.

Comments