Kamakura Hotels

Our Members Say

• arosales profile photo arosales
  • Reviews: 1

1 out of 5 starsUser Rating

youth hostel kamakura: kamakura youth hostel beware!

We stayed for 1 night, that felt too long!! The place is run in a funny way. You can't be inside from 10 to 4, the doors are closed so, if you wanna take it easy or lie in , you can't. The doors close at 10pm and lights off by 11pm, was i in the army??.
The place is dirty, the bedding was not very clean. And there were bedbugs/ The dorms are just ok but boys and girls are separated. There is also a guy who seems to live there and is really strange...
On the whole it was the worst hotel i've been to and wouldn't go back there EVER!!!

bedbugs
washing facilities but the clothes didn't clean properly

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Water Sports, Historical Travel, Trains
  • Written August 1, 2009

• dancinbudgie profile photo dancinbudgie
  • Reviews: 176

4 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Iwamotoro Ryokan: Cave Baths

We came here after spending the day at Kamakura. It is a very comfortable upmarket Ryokan. The main attraction was the cave bath and also the roman bath. Sorry, I have no photo's of the baths, but the website below does (in its Kamakura accomodation section). It is the same website that we used to make our booking through, and is very easy to use. The greatest thing about staying here was the view of Mt Fuji. We had missed seeing it from every other vantage point we had tried, (including the ropeway at Hakone), so were thrilled to see it from our hotel room window! The room was very comfortable and the price included breakfast and dinner. The staff are extremely attentive and the other patrons friendly. It is right on the main walkway at Enoshima, so is a great place to see the island from.

• Opinion of Price: more expensive than average
  • Related to: Arts and Culture, Hiking and Walking, Family Travel
  • Written March 1, 2008

View from our window of Mt Fuji

• Pixiekatten profile photo Pixiekatten
  • Reviews: 231

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Kamakura Hase Youth Hostel: Youth Hostel in Kamakura

I spent 2 nights in this Youth Hostel and it was ok. It was easy to find and only about a 5min walk from Hase station. It is located close to Hasedera Temple and the outdoor Buddha! And the beach is only a few minutes away. Dorm room were spacious and clean.

Only downside is that owner could have been a bit more friendly and after 2 nights I was told they were shut the following day so I had to find new accomodation.

Price:
4,000Yen, pp/pn (YH members 3,000Yen)

Meals:
Supper 700Yen
Breakfast 300Yen

Check in: 15:00-20:00
Check out: by 10:00

No bath but very clean shower room.

Very close to Hasedera Temple and the Great Daibutsu.

• Opinion of Price: less expensive than average
  • Related to: Backpacking, Trains, Singles
  • Written January 27, 2007

My bunkbed at Kamakura Hase YH

• Pixiekatten profile photo Pixiekatten
  • Reviews: 231

5 out of 5 starsUser Rating

The White House: A women only guesthouse

When Kamakura Hase Youth Hostel decided to close for one day I ended up at this women only guesthouse. It's run by an older lady and the rules are strict, for example curfew is at 9pm. But it didnt matter. I had a wonderful stay here!

I booked a single room the day before and when I arrived the owner thought my backpack was too big and was taking up too much space in the small room so she let me have a 6 bed dorm room all to myself instead.
When I was heading out for a stroll around Kamakura it was raining and I was going to buy an umbrella at a 100 yen shop around the corner. But the sweet lady wouldnt hear of it and searched her house until she found a rain coat with matching trousers for me to put on. She was extremely nice and helpful and remineded me of my Grannie!

The guesthouse got a bath area.

Price is 4,800yen which includes breakfast, great service and true kindness.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Related to: Women's Travel, Trains, Backpacking
  • Written January 27, 2007

My very pink room at White House - Kamakura

• saracen profile photo saracen
  • Reviews: 140

3 out of 5 starsUser Rating

Classic Hotel Aji-Sai: Great Location for Typical Japanese Business Hotel

Typical Japanes hotel in that the rooms are pretty cramped and beds not designed for your western male. Still, it was a pleasant hotel, with friendly staff in the ground floor coffee shop which sold some indescribably good cookies.

The location of the hotel is great – 2 minutes from the very tranquil Hachimangu shrine, great for an early morning stroll. Also, a long central boulevard of trees lines the road in front of the hotel.

• Opinion of Price: about average
  • Written October 8, 2005

• Pavlik_NL profile photo Pavlik_NL
  • Reviews: 3267

Here we had the luck to stay...

Here we had the luck to stay in a totally traditional Japanese house. Made of wood, with removable walls of woodwork and paper. A wonderful veranda on the sloops of a hill, that watches out over the Hayama-bay and even the emperor's summerresidence!
With some searching (on internet) one can find traditional Ryokan and Minshuku in these surroundings. It will come close, but ...

• Opinion of Price: