New City

53-3 Nishidori Fukutomicho Naka-ku, Yokohama, Kanagawa Prefecture, 231-0042, Japan

Satisfaction No Data

Shinyokohama Raumen MuseumShinyokohama Raumen Museum

JR Rail pass

by Danichan

Hi,

I just would like to know your opinion about the JR Rail pass. How was your experience? Also, can it be used to take the Narita Express to Ofuna? Please, let me know anything you know about the JR Rail pass!

Thanks.
Daniel

Re: JR Rail pass

by Ganigan

Hi! If u are going to visit in Japan more than one city JR Pass is a must. U could save the half or more of money, depending the travels that u make.

With the JR Pass u can use the Narita Express until Ofuna, but beware cos not all wagons runs until this destination. When the train arrives at Tokyo Central Station, the first wagons runs until Shinjuku and the last to Yokohama and Ofuna... but maybe u must to check this for a possible change.

A good website in english is www.japanrail.com

Sorry for my poor english, i hope u can understand me...

Have a nice travel and enjoy Japan

Re: JR Rail pass

by DirtyRudy

I just bought my parents a JR pass, and in fact, they're using it right now to go to Tokyo. Apparently, you can use it on the Narita Express, but I've never been to Ofuna. The people at the JR counter at Narita Airport should be able to help you once you arrive.

All the people I've known to use the JR pass have had a good experience. It's kind of experience, but if you plan to go all over Japan, than it's definitely worth it.

Good luck!

Re: Re: JR Rail pass

by elcbw

We used JR pass to travel across Japan twice in the past and we found it very useful and economical. Not only were we able to use the JR pass on the Shinkansen, we also used it on JR operated buses and local commuter trains. In Tokyo, we were using it to travel on the Yamanote line which sort of ringed around Tokyo to save subway charges. JR Pass is half the price if you buy it outside Japan through your local travel agency. The only inconvenience is you have to show your IDs and the pass (usually your passports) to the station attendent when you exit the station gate every time.

Although I took a different railway company line to go to Ofuna, I believe you can use JR pass to go to get there.

Travel Tips for Yokohama

Japanese mixed with a little bit of Chinese

by yen_2 about Gastu' Restaurant

The ambience is fine but when you get out of this Restaurant you could be smell as a smoke! Most of the Japanese are smokers, man and woman smokes. So, no wonder they're a skinny type of people! And they drink alot of Tea too.

This place is great for me even with that smoke because they have a bar of softdrinks that is only 200 yen. Its only across to where we used to live so, don't mind if we'll be there in the middle of the night. 24hrs open and their staff are very friendly. Free soup for evening customer! Best for countryside traveller when they're driving. They served a fabulous of mixed Japanese and Chinese foods, that's what I like most of this Restaurant!

Fire crackers in Mid-July!

by yen_2

When you're in town around mid July in Japan or in Yokohama. You have to see the amazing fire works in the harbour of Minato Mirai though lots of people will come to see this festival. Be there early and it's worth a visit! As there will be a tendency of pushing and shoving around the Station. when we attended the firectackers last July 2001, we had to walk to another station as we cannot enter due to many people who want to watch the big event!

Comments