Arasakikaion Sagamiya

Booking.com

Satisfaction No Data

No Satisfaction or Value Data Available

More about Yokosuka

Entrance below the onsen buildingEntrance below the onsen building

Monument to ADM TogoMonument to ADM Togo

Travel Tips for Yokosuka

Please learn a tiny bit of Japanese!

by hippie005

Yokosuka locals are some of the best people you will meet. You just have to get past the shell which can be difficult sometimes. My mother is Japanese so it's a little bit easier for me to understand how they keep people at bay and try not to be the nail that sticks out. Be an example of goodness and they will accept you and not think so poorly of Americans who live there or foreigners who visit. I found that if I used my limited Japanese to try to communicate, it went over so well and made the Japanese locals so happy. I have a well-worn translation guide that I carried with me everywhere and I had the most fun just leafing through and finding phrases I needed or showing the folks I was talking to the Kanji/Kana/Hiragana translation. I miss the fun of trying to communicate! I miss everything from Yokosuka except for some of the ignorant Americans who would cause a scene because they didn't understand Japanese. Get educated!

lumberjack83's new Yokosuka Page

by lumberjack83

I spent a few days in billeting at Atsugi Naval Air Facility, while attempting to fly "space a" on a P3 to Korea. While there, I ventured to some bars just outside the gate and met some very warm and cordial people.

Comments