Citadines Kyoto Karasuma Gojo

432 Matsuyacho, Gojo Karasuma-dori Higashi-iru, Shimogyo-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture, 600-8105, Japa
Citadines Karasuma-Gojo Kyoto
Booking.com Expedia.com Orbitz.com

More about Kyoto

Viewable for FreeViewable for Free

Gioji TempleGioji Temple

Shimogamo ShrineShimogamo Shrine

Another Japanese beauty!Another Japanese beauty!

Meeting

Hello everybody,
my friend and I will be travelling to Japan in May. We are probably in the area of Hiroshima around 18th to 21st of May and in Kyoto some time between the 22nd and the 30th of May. Our plannings are not completed yet.

Is there any chance to meet some VT-members?
So if anybody feels in the mood for a meeting, just let me know...

Let's meet up in Kyoto!

Hi! Welcome to Japan!

Yeah, I & my husband would like to meet up with you!

We love VT meetings :-)

We are living in Osaka (near Kyoto) so we can visit Kyoto to see you.

When in May will you be in Kyoto?
(I & my husband will not be in Japan from May 1 to 5)

Ayurin

Re: Let's meet up in Kyoto!

Hello Ayurin,
it is very nice to hear from you and I am glad that you would like to meet my friend Manfred and me in Kyoto :-) I love VT-meetings, too!

We will be in Kyoto some days from May 25th to 30th and it would be very nice when we could arrange a meeting during this time there! Just let us know which day is suitable for you.

Do you know a good location in Kyoto where we can meet easily?

I look forward to hear from you and meet you and your husband in Kyoto!

Sandra

Re: Re: Let's meet up in Kyoto!

Hi again!

I & my husband are working from Monday to Friday,
So,
May 29 (Saturday) or May 30 (Sunday) is good!

If it's OK with you two, let's have a VT meeting :-)
I think, other VT members living or visiting in Kyoto (and near cities) can join us :-)

Ayurin

Kyoto Meeting at May 29 (Saturday)!

Hello Ayurin,
fantastic - May 29 (Saturday) is very good for us!!! Which time shall we meet?

Let's have a VT meeting :-)
Other VT members living or visiting in Kyoto (and near cities) are invited, too :-)

I can not say anything about a meeting place, because we do not know yet, which hotel we go. So it would be very good to meet somewhere else (maybe in a restaurant / cafe or at a tourist attraction).

I am glad, that we can arrange this meeting.
Many greeting to you and your husband
Sandra

Re: Kyoto Meeting at May 29 (Saturday)!

Hi!

I've put our meeting information in the "Meeting & Event" calendar :-)

Please have a look

I hope other VTers who live or travel in Kyoto will notice and join us!

I will email to my VT friends who lives near Kyoto and invite them to our meeting.

Meeting Calendar

by hundertmorgen

Hello and thank you Ayurin for organising the meeting calendar!

Sightseeing in the Fushimi-Inari shrine area sounds very good to me :-))))

Travel Tips for Kyoto

Planik mesta, ktory dostanete...

by renuschka

Planik mesta, ktory dostanete v informaciach obsahuje velke mnozstvo chramov, pagod, ci palacov. Rozhodnete sa pre niektory z nich a zrazu zistite,ze vyhradeny cas vam nestaci, pretoze cestou k vytipovanemu chramu narazite na tri dalsie, ktore sa na mape ani nevyskytovali, ale su o to zaujimavejsie. pri tomto chramiku nam miestny sprievodca povedal,ze je to Shogun Temple. Nezarucujem presnost, ale preco by sa tak nemohol volat:)

The Hub

by j-san about The Hub

It is a fairly relaxed foreigner bar, very little sleaze factor. When we go out we usually meet here. Beer is about 500Yen which is good value but the same goes for non-alcoholic drinks, which is a rip-off!! :( I love their fried salmon and chips and also their Ceasar Salad, (about 500Yen each). They also have Guiness on Tap.

Kaiseki Ryori (Traditional Japanese food)

by vic&michael about Shiraume

I went to Shiraume with my Tea Ceremony Teacher. She is a well-known tea-master in Kyoto. The Restaurant is made of Tatami-mat private rooms, and is actually a traditional Japanese Ryokan (old-style accomodation). You eat kneeling in the formal Japanese position. We were served a 10 course meal. As it was summer, everything was served chilled. This type of Japanese meal is very traditional and old-style. The food was displayed gorgeously on beautiful dishes and served in small portions. Ok, some of the food was a bit of an adventure for me, but it was an excellent experience. Most of it was raw seafood and cooked/pickled vegetables and a cold soup. Please look at my pictures of the food : ) (under Shiraume in my restaurant hints).

Visit some temples

by davidlop

Don't try to see them all, it's almost imposible. But at least try some, you are welcome, and the only drawback is that sometimes you have to leave your shoes outside. Enjoy a short break on your journey. If you want to know more, try to find which "family" is that temple, there are a lot of slightly different branches all around the country.

Heian Shrine - stylized

by SLLiew

This is my fourth favorite Kyoto temple/shrine. There is a sense of stoicism and rituals here. Apparently it was built to commemorate 1,100 years of Kyoto as the capital. It is actually rebuilt in 1976 after a fire. Many students bought lucky amulets. I liked the garden at the back of the shrine.

Comments