Karasuma Kyoto

Booking.com Agoda.com Expedia.com

Similarly priced and rated as other 3 star hotels

• fattyjulia's Profile Photo

sweet hotel

actually...I think the best hotel(or YH),the only one point is "location" thins hotel is near everywhere and it's easy to get bus and subway.if you'd like to go walking,it's also very convenience...

More about Karasuma Kyoto

3 day 2 night in Kyoto and what did I do.

by sandrafiza

"First Day - walk and walk and walk"

On May 14 at 10:36 am we depart from Tokyo Station to Kyoto Station. The journey take around 3 hours. We get the package-Hotel Room + Shinkansen Ticket from JTB. I think the price is reasonable compare to buying it separately. And the JTB people deliver the document to our hotel in Tokyo and we get it when we check in.

We stay at Karasuma Kyoto Hotel and I think that we are lucky, our room is at the end but it is so big. We have 2 plasma TV- 1 facing the bed and another facing the sofa.

On the first day, since it already evening we can't do much so we went to Kyomizu Temple. Very long walk from the bus stop to the temple. The temple and it surrounding area is so beautiful, everybody that go to Kyoto must stop at this temple. Then if you walk further you will see a place selling all kind of talisman for couple and talisman according to zodiac and you will see a lot of fox sculpture.

When we want to go back my sis suggest that we should walk back to the hotel. I said why not, I enjoy walking cause you can see and notice a lot of thing. I saw some nice restaurant but I can only see from outside because 1) I don't eat Japanese food 2) As a Muslim I don't have confidence with their food. But the food do look nice from the glass window.

"Second Day - Aoi Matsuri 2007"

We went to this Matsuri on the second day. Nothing much to see actually, just alot of school kid wearing costume.

The Aoi Matsuri, now one of Kyoto three big festivals, is one of the most solemn and graceful festival in Japan and has been well preserved throughout the ages since the 6th century. It is named after aoi leaves, which are used to decorate the costumes of the participants The procession consists of 511 people, 36 horses, 4 cows and 2 carriages and runs 1 kilometer from the front to the back

After the festival, we went to ........Nijo Castle. We actually walk from the Imperial House to Nijo Castle. My sis hate me so much. After that we take train back to the hotel. Cannot walk anymore.

In the evening we went out for food hunting at Daimaru and Hankyu.

I was really surprise that I didn't buy anything in Kyoto other than food until second day.

"Third Day - Memoir of Geisha"

Last day in Kyoto- train depart at 2:00 pm. We can only go to 1 place so I insist that we should go to Fushimi Inari Shrine.And I'm so happy that we did.

Accomodation area

Hi all,

I am Tzuki and I will travel to Japan this October. I am looking for accomodation in Japan - Tokyo and Kyoto cities and I would love to know which areas are better to stay in both cases.

Any feedback will be very welcome!

Many thanks and best regards,
Tzuki

by sandrafiza

Tokyo is a big city. Depend on what you looking for. You need to study the area and see where you want to stay and what is your budget. On my first trip to Tokyo, I stay in Shibuya and Ikebukuro. I don't like Shibuya so much and I really don't like Shibuya 109.

In Kyoto I stayed at Karasuma Kyoto Hotel. I get a big room-so no complain. But for my next trip to Kyoto I want to stay at Toyoko Inn-Kyoto Shijo Karasuma.Nearer to Gion and shopping mall.

by tzuki

Konnichiwa and thanks a lot for your quick reply and good info.
i will check it out.
great near Gion :-)
smiles, Tzuki

by mim95

I've stayed at Asakusa in Tokyo. There seems to be more budget hotels and hostels there. There isn't a whole lot of nightlife though.

Mim,
Thanks a lot for the info attached.
I´ve checked this area and I liked it. Is always good to have a second opinion.
:-) I really appreciated.
regards, Tzuki

by eenelfje

Both in Tokyo and Kyoto I have stayed in a hostel, its cheap and very good & clean hostels !! But they are very popular so book in advance !

Its the K's House Kyoto and K's House Tokyo.

K's House Tokyo is in Asakusa and close to 2 metro stations and shops and restaurants.

K's House Kyoto is about 10 min walk from Kyoto station and close to shops etc.

by tzuki

:-) many thanks eenelfje !!
this is a great help too.
I already checked them and seem good to me.
regards,