Kyoto Kokusai Hotel

Costs 36% less than similarly rated 4 star hotels

More about Kyoto Kokusai Hotel

Modern, yet traditional

by pharsadi about Kyoto Kokusai Hotel

Very nice hotels with friendly and professional staffs. Each person get a breakfast coupon and you can choose between the traditional japanese breakfast, or the american buffet. We chose the american buffet since it also offered some japanese food. And the breakfast was good.

The hotel also has a japanese garden which provide a serene athmosphere. The room was spacious enough to fit 4 adults.

Togetsukyo BridgeTogetsukyo Bridge

Nishi HonganjiNishi Honganji

Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion)Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavilion)

1-Day Bus Pass1-Day Bus Pass

bus

by timewaster

Do the buses in Kyoto display the name of the stop in english?
I do not speak or write any japanese so I would need to know when to get off the bus for my stop.

by unaS

I don't remember seeing any bus signs in English, but if I just said the name of the place I wanted the driver always told me when to get off.

One doesn't need to know the language to say only the name of the place.

by GrumpyDiver

It's been about 5 years, but I think there were recorded announcements in the bus in English and Japanese (there may have been a display board at the front of the bus in English / Japanese as well). In the subways and trains, I am 100% sure this is the case, but with the buses, I can't remember for sure. We are in the same position as you from a language perspective and took buses in Takayama, Hiroshima and Kyoto, without getting hopelessly lost.

by Gili_S

As far as I can remember no English but the driver mentioning the stop name and that can help. I usually have a map with me and I just follow the route so I know where I am. In general it is very easy to use the buses there and they are rather frequent during the day and a bit less at night.
Please note that you board the bus in the back or middle door and you only pay when you leave via the front door and you better have the exact money in cash.

by walterwu

If you are buying a day pass, it comes with a bus route map and Kyoto is not very big and should be no problem getting around.

Read my travelpage on Kyoto

by Waoife

I was in Kyoto in March last year and had no problem with the buses. The easiest thing to do is get hold of a map of the bus routes so you know what number bus you want - a lot of them start from just outside the train station. On the buses themselves, the stops were normally announced so if you keep an ear out then you should be able to hear when your stop is coming up. Also, most of the buses had electronic displays which displayed the stop name in both Japanese and western letters. I never had any major problems - although traffic in Kyoto can be pretty heavy so some of the bus trips can take a while!! Have a great time - I really enjoyed it :)

by pritj

Hi! I ve been there several times, one of my favorites in Japan.
They are right, don t forget the free map outside the station.
Also, inside the station (1 st floor,almost in front of Mr.Donnuts), there is a tourist information center, they speak english and provide the free maps in English as well.
Even if they speak japanese,the buses show the names of each stop in japanese and english.
Kyoto has lots of tourists from all over the world, so you can ask for help easily.

Travel Tips for Kyoto

Make a little effort and learn...

by asantetravel

Make a little effort and learn some Japanese. Most college educated people have studied English for 10 years but very few people speak it or want to be bothered. If you use some Japanese in asking for help even the most stubborn people will be more open to helping you. Sumimasen – excuse me/I’m sorry, Arigato – thanks, * doko desu ka – where is…. Still, be prepared for people to tell you “no English” in English of course!

General Travel in Kyoto

by PryanoFiore

During my experience in Kyoto, the simplest way to get around is by taxi, though busses are good as well. Obviously, being a city with many famous sights, you will want to see everything possible... and as long as you know the names of where you want to go, cab drivers can and will take you to your desired spot. Also, in some areas you can walk from site to site, which can save a good amount of yen. Busses are nice, but knowing which one(s) to take can be a hassle... Especially if you don't know Japanese. I recommend taxis.

Chinese restaurant Minmin, the...

by Ken_Matsuoka

Chinese restaurant Minmin, the photo is one of Minmin chain restaurants in Osaka, sorry, but the food, atmosphere, and price are the same as the one in Osaka.
A wide variety of tasty chinese cusine. My typical order is gyoza, fried rice, salted fried shrimp and, of course, beer, but I am sorry no Suntory is available. Gyoza, or dampling

Monkey Park Iwatayama

by hebaemam

very nice place to visit specially with kids, for 500 en per person you can have and access to a practically free roaming monkey mountain. The park is a steep 15-20 minute walk up the mountain from Togetsukyo Bridge (little tough) and, besides the monkeys, offers very nice views over Kyoto. monkey just go around you like this as if they are cute pets..... pics will describe more
please rate this info if usful

Comments