Togetsutei

54-4 Arashiyamanakaoshita-cho, Nishikyou-ku, Kyoto, Kyoto Prefecture, 616-0004, Japan
Orbitz.com Agoda.com Travelocity

More about Kyoto

Bukkoji TempleBukkoji Temple

The Kiyomezu-dera temple pagodaThe Kiyomezu-dera temple pagoda

costa del sol Kyotocosta del sol Kyoto

The street in KyotoThe street in Kyoto

cheap hotels in kyoto

by TRAVELCHICK29

we are planning to go to Kyoto aroung first week of April this year. Any cheap hotels (below 150.) anyone can recommend?

by rdeca

I found this website that searches for hotels and ryokans anywhere in Japan. I will most likely use this site to book my room when I go to Kyoto.

by dlandt

Hi. My wife and I stayed in a ryokan, which is a traditional Japanese inn, where you sleep on tatamis, use the great spas and wear kimonos etc. You should like it. the location was great, with the fish market two blocks away and about a zillion restaurants and shops to see. Major temples are easily accessible by public bus. and a few by foot. http://members.virtualtourist.com/m/2e071/570/3/
The name of ours was Kinparo (possibly New Kinparo) and I can testify that it is both within your budget and highly satrisfactory.

Pax from Chicago

by dlandt

The name of ours was Kinparo (possibly New Kinparo) and I can testify that it is both within your budget and highly satisfactory.

Pax from Chicago

by Restless-in-kl

We stayed in Ohto Ryokan and it's within your budget (see my travel page for contact details). Its location is convenient, next to the bus stop and close to Kyoto train station as well as the city subway.

by fattyjulia

toyoko inn is clean n cheap!

RE: RE: cheap hotels in kyoto

by fattyjulia

ok...you own me one! :-P

by TRAVELCHICK29

thanks guys for your suggestions, but due to change of plans, i ended up booking a hotel in Osaka and took JR train to Kyoto instead. I really enjoyed Kyoto and currently in the middle of building my travel page.

Travel Tips for Kyoto

How to make a prayer in Shintoism shrines

by AyurinHiro

In Shinto shrines,
1. Throw some money coins into the offertory chest.
2. Ring the bell (you see in this photo)
3. Clap your hands
4. Press your hands together and make a prayer

May your dreams come true!

The shopping arcades

by Pixiekatten about Teramachi /Sanjo / Shinkyogoku districts

Clothes, shoes, cheap souvenirs for people at home or every day items for yourself (chopsticks, japanese crockery etc .. at the 100yen shops).
There's plenty of restaurants and caf├ęs and a supermarket.

Authentic Japanese cuisine with a modern twist.

by worldkiwi about Kinobu Restaurant

On my 2005 business trip to Japan I was honoured to be taken to a restaurant I would never have found myself and to be able to enjoy a meal I never would have purchased myself!
Kinobu is a small authentically structured Japanese restaurant in the area immediately west of the city centre.
The restaurant's brochure advertises its food as "Traditional Kyo cuisine with a touch of fresh air" and the food is simply divine. I sampled fugu here for the first time. The seven or eight course meal I had must have cost my generous hosts a packet, but it was a memorable and totally delicious experience for me. Bookings are essential here I believe. I enjoyed everything I had!

Golden Pavillion

by TexasDave

An exquisite palace built by a shogun in the 1290's. The original was burnt by a deranged student monk in 1950, but this is a faithful re-creation complete with real gold leaf. There is a trail around the reflection pond that continues up to another little pond and a temple dedicated to the god of fire, a tea house and refreshment stand. A tour of the whole complex should last about an hour, with time set aside for just staring at the scenery of the palace glimmering in the Sun.
Admission was 500 Yen per adult.

Sanjusangen-Do

by Blatherwick

This temple possesses 1000 gold-plated, full-size statues within its walls. For some reason this place reminded me of the Terracotta Warriors in China. Ya, ya... I know that I'm not supposed to take pictures in there as it is a sacred place. However, how do suppose they came to get the holy post cards outside?

Comments